+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about Salvation...

Soulwalker

Default Questions about Salvation...

Really wanting to try a viable Salvation spec ( I haven't played in a couple years, just getting back into Rift and so much has changed...) and I'm wondering what talents affect Salvation's healing. Obviously there are a couple in the Justicar tree, and flat +% healing done, but will "instant-cast" or "single-target" +% healing talents modify it? Would be awesome to have this explained, so I don't have to waste plat respeccing over and over. Thanks for looking!

Any SP increase, and flat healing increase talents work. Specific healing talents (ST/AoE etc) have no effect. Also, use the Justicar crystal for an extra 100 on your Salvation ticks.

Righteous Mandate will effectively be a second tick of HP on target if there's nothing else for Salvation to hit.

Although it's fun to play with, it comes nowhere close to full healer capability. I've tried every spec under the rainbow and at best I can heal an expert with difficulty and I'm in high end raid gear. It works quite well as a compliment to Druid, working alongside the healing pet. It also works with Shaman and Inq, due to their GCD reduction, but still very minimal heals and will only lightly support the main healer.

The best Salvation focused healing build I've come up with was 38 Warden, 26 Sent, 12 Justi. You spam Geyser which has it's own heal, but also procs Salvation, Marked by Light, Shared Excess and healing trinkets. It does a lot of HPS, and can heal most fights in an expert, including st cleanses and 2 aoe cleanses, but it can struggle to keep a tank alive and doesn't compare to a full healer. As a point of comparison, Defiler is easier to play.

I hope this doesn't crush your dreams. Maybe you'll find something you like.
    Last edited by Sikph; 09-02-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Plane Touched

Spamming censure on a bunch of packed Ennemies + packed allies + crystal => one of the best AOE healer in the game. Speaking only of PVP, in Scion for example. Could maintain 5k HPS over several minutes. Plus the tanking aspect is actually usefull for pushing the line. If the damage taken is not huge (when the realize they should not focus you), it is interesting to swap for Mein of Honor and the Idol instead of Leadership and shield.
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

Rift Chaser

Default salvation Build

i have found a Salvation build that works well for dungeons and overgeared ToDQ. it uses Salvation as its main healing source and has backups for emergencies and an AoE clense.

38Defiler/16Justicar/22Sentinel

use Grief Blight to boost your healing by a furthur 20%, place Links on the party (highest on tank), RM on the tank and get in there and smack the mobs in melee using SoJ and EJ. you have Foul Growths stacking the tank for emergencies and spot heals as well as huge salvation heals. (i can reach 5k+ hps on a tank alone although not usually needed in 5mans) the links provide the extra boost your missing from the heals.

i am only entry T2 still with 520 hit and 5-6ksp fully buffed. Salvation procs at 1.6-2k per person non-crit with SoJ and 600-700 per person/per mob hit non-crit with EJ (so up to 3.5k non-crit per EJ). remember that RM will double the heals on the target so the tank gets a 3-4k heal in ST and in AoE its around 7k+, which in most dungeons is good enough esspecially when you account for the 20% link on the tank.

its not amazing but maybe what your are looking for, but i wouldnt recommend using this unless you know; 1) your gear is above average for the content, 2) the tanks gear is above average and 3) you and the tank know the mechanics well enough to avoid unnessisary complications.

its a fun little build although its more difficult to play than a regular healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fliptrik View Post
    i have found a Salvation build that works well for dungeons and overgeared ToDQ. it uses Salvation as its main healing source and has backups for emergencies and an AoE clense.

38Defiler/16Justicar/22Sentinel

use Grief Blight to boost your healing by a furthur 20%, place Links on the party (highest on tank), RM on the tank and get in there and smack the mobs in melee using SoJ and EJ. you have Foul Growths stacking the tank for emergencies and spot heals as well as huge salvation heals. (i can reach 5k+ hps on a tank alone although not usually needed in 5mans) the links provide the extra boost your missing from the heals.

i am only entry T2 still with 520 hit and 5-6ksp fully buffed. Salvation procs at 1.6-2k per person non-crit with SoJ and 600-700 per person/per mob hit non-crit with EJ (so up to 3.5k non-crit per EJ). remember that RM will double the heals on the target so the tank gets a 3-4k heal in ST and in AoE its around 7k+, which in most dungeons is good enough esspecially when you account for the 20% link on the tank.

its not amazing but maybe what your are looking for, but i wouldnt recommend using this unless you know; 1) your gear is above average for the content, 2) the tanks gear is above average and 3) you and the tank know the mechanics well enough to avoid unnessisary complications.

its a fun little build although its more difficult to play than a regular healer.
    This is another one I forgot to mention. I'm not sure on your numbers, but it's still a viable out-of-the-ordinary spec. I'll give it another try and see if the output lives up to your claims.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

+ Reply to Thread