+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: Purifier stance dancing

Soulwalker

Default Purifier stance dancing

I noticed that after the patch, we can have multiple signs active on a single target, but we can still only have 1 buff ourselves. This leaves room for stance dancing between them. I've never used multiple signs on a single target, but that doesn't mean there aren't places where it's appropriate. I'm sure that it would be more doable if the signs were on a separate CD.
    Has anyone here tried switching between signs mid-combat for use on a single target? When would this be effective?
    Last edited by Animeniak; 08-30-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Accidentally pressed ENTER when adjusting thread title.

I feel like Sign of Faith is so vastly superior to Anticipation and Daring that dancing between Faith and one of the others would be redundant in a bad way. Plus, changing Signs costs mana, which Purifier is struggling with at the moment, and on top of that, I don't think Signs are off the GCD, so you've gotta use a GCD to switch between Signs.

MAYBE there could be an avenue for dancing between Faith and Wrath... but I doubt it.

Kervik needs to make our Signs off-GCD. Then it would be useful.
    Otherwise you're using 1.5sec GCD to change Signs and back again. Not worth it IMO.

As for when this could possibly be useful whilst there's still a GCD? Probably if you are pocket-healing someone in PvP and they aren't taking much damage I guess.
    Last edited by Jonus; 08-30-2013 at 10:22 PM.

I think the main reasoning behind the change is so that a Puri can use Sign of Faith and then a Sent or Warden can use Sign of Wrath.

Telaran

Simply put, no. There is a GCD on them and even a single GCD is precious for healing.

In all likely hood, it was most likely to make it so if someone put extra points into puri to get certain signs, they can still be used without being overwriten by a main purifier. I highly doubt it was ever intended that we even consider dancing with these signs.

A short answer to your question of effectiveness: Never.

Having multiple signs able to be active on a target just means that other souls that use Purifier as a sub-spec can use Sign of Wrath without overwriting Sign of Faith - as Kriptini said.

I also don't believe that the buff duration for signs is long enough to support a stance dance either, so even if they did get changed to be off the GCD, I don't believe it would be an effective use of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    I think the main reasoning behind the change is so that a Puri can use Sign of Faith and then a Sent or Warden can use Sign of Wrath.
    this, or using multiple puris with different signs, are really the only possible use for the stacking right now. Which is fine IMO, I certainly don't want sign-dancing to be a playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Kervik needs to make our Signs off-GCD. Then it would be useful.
    Otherwise you're using 1.5sec GCD to change Signs and back again. Not worth it IMO.

As for when this could possibly be useful whilst there's still a GCD? Probably if you are pocket-healing someone in PvP and they aren't taking much damage I guess.
    Taking signs off gcd and removing the mana cost would make for a fun mechanic.. Too bad in general purifier is still weak outside of niche tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    Taking signs off gcd and removing the mana cost would make for a fun mechanic.. Too bad in general purifier is still weak outside of niche tank healing.
    You say "fun", I say "even more annoying than old bard motifs." Have you tried using the new purifier on Kyzan or Salvarola, it's already quite fun ;)

+ Reply to Thread