+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By usman
  • 3 Post By Primalthirst
  • 5 Post By Kervik

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: @Kervik: How is Flame Speaker supposed to work?

Default @Kervik: How is Flame Speaker supposed to work?

Is this supposed to provide base crit, like Riptide, or does it multiply the existing crit rate of heal spells by its percentage?

If it's like Riptide, 14% crit + 1% Flame Speaker = 15% crit, which is preferable.
    If it's multiplicative, 14% crit + 1% Flame Speaker = 14.14% crit, which isn't really worth a point.

Either way, it doesn't really seem to work, as indicated the attached screenshot. The spec without +crit had a marginally higher crit percentage for some reason. 1000 casts should be a large enough sample size to see a difference in crit rate...

@Kervik: How is Flame Speaker supposed to work?-flamespeaker.jpg

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

All Crit Rate boosts are additive %s

A 1% increase in crit rate isn't going to be easily seen over so few casts, 1000 isn't a big number. Try doing 10x 10000 cast tests and you're getting part of the way there.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 08-30-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    Nope.

Flame speaker should add a flat +5% to the crit rate of heals. But for myself after casting 1000 self heals and repeating that 3x over, I'm finding no difference in crit rate with or without flamespeaker talented.

Tested using HS/SS/HF and healing flare while the HoTs tick, it takes about 10 mins to make 1000 self heals, maybe some other people can test as well.

Testing the +5% crit increases from either warden or shaman or both, gives a clear increase in crit rate over 1000 heals of +5% each as expected, with +/- 0.5% over the 1000 heals in my tests. But flamespeaker is adding nothing, so i'm fairly sure its broken.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

I'll get on PTS and test it out over the next few hours, I'm going out of the house so I'll leave it running, should get 10,000+ casts for both with and without Flame Speaker
    Nope.

Totally wouldn't surprise me if it was broken. Vicious Streak in Shaman had the same issue when it was based on damaging abilities. They'll probably just change this one to a general crit chance again... and maybe one day they'll fix both. >.<

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Its great that some peeps test over an hour, but the engineer in me is screaming, if you dont know it in a fight, and it doesnt show up on a fight long parse, then you needn't concern yourself as its effectively useless. Which of course needs fixed. If it doesn't show where you need it most, then something needs done.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-31-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Bumping because I accidentally committed the cardinal sin of posting a bug on a weekend. Please get back to us on this.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Did some digging on this and it turns out Flame Speaker just wasn't working. I've fixed it and will work on getting it pushed out with one of the next updates. (It won't be part of this week's hotfix though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Did some digging on this and it turns out Flame Speaker just wasn't working. I've fixed it and will work on getting it pushed out with one of the next updates. (It won't be part of this week's hotfix though)
    Guess I should have updated here to say that was my conclusion. Was just a little drunk when I first posted and forgot about this thread
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread