+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clerc (shaman) or Rouge (assassin)

Soulwalker

Default Clerc (shaman) or Rouge (assassin)

Hello every1, good day =P
    ok so i am confused between shaman and rouges in terms of pvp warfront or in a 1v1 situation

the build i have in mind are:
    shaman > 61 shaman 10 druid 5 inquisitor
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/0mryqVvlgutIdRIRGkfzvVV ( from a cleric guide)

and the assassin build in 61 assassin 15 NB
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#ykFlliGAGl4/wmBa/t (from a guide also)

now my questions..
    which is better for pvp 1v1 considering equal skills and items?
    which is better in warfronts?
    what do u guys recommend?
    whos better in dps?
    any advise or any other builds u recommend?

For 1v1 assassin is better because of its ability to control the encounter with slip away and always-applied snare. Shaman does not have a whole lot of utility other than the 1 min cooldown stun and the interrupt but it does have a good short burst. Druid has much more utility for a melee soul and has a very good burst damage cooldown as well.

For warfronts if you want to be a team player, go with a heavy utility build like Druid, Inquisitor or Marksman. Marksman's DPS is lower than the other two but what counts in PvP is lining up your burst while disabling the enemy.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-30-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    For 1v1 assassin is better because of its ability to control the encounter with slip away and always-applied snare. Shaman does not have a whole lot of utility other than the 1 min cooldown stun and the interrupt but it does have a good short burst. Druid has much more utility for a melee soul and has a very good burst damage cooldown as well.

For warfronts if you want to be a team player, go with a heavy utility build like Druid, Inquisitor or Marksman. Marksman's DPS is lower than the other two but what counts in PvP is lining up your burst while disabling the enemy.
    well which one is a better play in warfronts? and also if a shaman 1v1 assassin who would win? i just feel like shaman got so much crits so dunno can u advise?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cymesta View Post
    well which one is a better play in warfronts? and also if a shaman 1v1 assassin who would win? i just feel like shaman got so much crits so dunno can u advise?
    Its hard to say. Shaman is pretty good in 1v1 because it is very cooldown reliant for its damage and can put out of a bunch of burst, but if an assassin plays it right they can avoid the burst.

Honestly it doesn't really matter because marksman or inquisitor would beat them both. Unless you are dedicated to playing melee, you should play either of those. Marksman is probably slightly better, but both marksman and inquisitor have insane utility, damage and range.
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 08-30-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    Its hard to say. Shaman is pretty good in 1v1 because it is very cooldown reliant for its damage and can put out of a bunch of burst, but if an assassin plays it right they can avoid the burst.

Honestly it doesn't really matter because marksman or inquisitor would beat them both. Unless you are dedicated to playing melee, you should play either of those. Marksman is probably slightly better, but both marksman and inquisitor have insane utility, damage and range.
    i keep getting confused more and more lol, a marks man can wield bow right? but i am talking about assassins and shaman how i pick between those too, i want one that excels best in pvp

Assassin will have a higher probability to win because they have a better utility system. Shamans depend highly on Deep Freeze and Rage of the North which have cool downs. The Shaman is ready to beat on the Assassin, but Assassins can stealth to avoid the Shaman's wrath.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Be prepared for people to yell at you for not healing if short healers as a shaman
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Rift Disciple

If you want to beat assassins in 1vs1s when they jump you, go 61 INQ, especially if you have warlord gear to get the inq synergy crystal.

Judical privilege is just insane, you just load the rogue up with dots, heal up after his burst with JP, do a bod > nysyrs after loading dots up, he will interrupt it (if he does not he dies), reset cds jp again bod > nysyrs again and dead rogue.

Also vs rogues if you have the inq synergy crystals and the pvp ability overload you do Scourge > overload and watch the rogue take 600 dmg ticks from overload nonstop completely stomping them (inq synergy crystal debuff applies to overload ticks)

1vs1 INQ is the strongest soul in the game.
    Last edited by Trasgress; 08-30-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

Any good Sin would not lose to a Shaman.

Run Inquisitor and have a nice day.
    Last edited by Guyjax; 08-30-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Assassin will have a higher probability to win because they have a better utility system. Shamans depend highly on Deep Freeze and Rage of the North which have cool downs. The Shaman is ready to beat on the Assassin, but Assassins can stealth to avoid the Shaman's wrath.
    If you want to run Shaman in wfs ask Covergirl how successful its been.

Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

Telaran

Sin is better w/ slip away. But w/o that Shaman is better. So basically in most cases Shaman is better.

Prophet of Telara

Shaman is a pve melee dps soul. It is pretty much a free kill to anyone who understands rift pvp and does well.

Sin has always been good for pvp (recent buff made them even more viable in warfronts than before)

Cleric pvp =healer or inq. Druid is not very good as well in pvp unless playing vs bads.

I suggest rogue if you want to go down the pvp route and want to play melee, seems like these days rogues melee are the only melee viable in end game pvp. Poor Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Guyjax View Post
    If you want to run Shaman in wfs ask Covergirl how successful its been.

I run Shaman in all but Scion with a good amount of success.

Plane Touched

IMO shaman is in a very good spot in PVP at the moment. It is not a 1vs1 class, it is not a full front line melee class, it is not suited for all WZs, it is harder to play than full ranged souls, but overall WZ performances are among the top ones at the moment (just below the present FOTM). They key is to alternate Frozen wrath spreading at range, bombing melee burst, and kiting.

Multi + ranged Frozen wrath (20k+ tooltip damage) with 50% crit adds a lot of pressure for other healers, and melee burst allow to finish targets.
    Salace R80 Elzareth R59 Melgria R70+ Gremia L48 EU

+ Reply to Thread