+ Reply to Thread

Thread: noob purifier

Rift Disciple

Default noob purifier

Purifier is the only cleric soul I havent given an honest try... But I have a defiler and a warden/sentinel... So I can never get motivated to take the time and build a good one. Also because of all the changes to that and druid, the soul tree calculator on my phone is entirely out of date.

So... Are there any current builds that work in a way that would make me "want" to play that as opposed to my other healing specs?

Doesn't have to be competitive min/maxed.... I prefer fun hybrid builds. Maybe going 40 deep into puri for the shield to damage proc, for a "support" role rather than a straight healing one? Any other souls benefit from that?

What kind of game play do you want a build for? PvP, Dungeons (Experts or normals?), Soloing, Raiding?

Soulwalker

I run something like this
    Magelo isn't updated for the new changes yet.

The rotation for general adds is Symbol of the Sun, then the 3s channel 1x or 2x, then Ward of Fire. Use Healing Breath and Healing Flare for spot heals, keep Healing Spray on people taking damage or for spot heals, and Healing Flood when the group is being clumsy.

Puri excels as a tank healer, so you're going to struggle a lot if the group is standing in the fire. But your tank will be nigh on unkillable if you're timing your Fiery Will, Flashover, Rite of the Forge, and Spiritual Conflagration right.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Krumelur View Post
    What kind of game play do you want a build for? PvP, Dungeons (Experts or normals?), Soloing, Raiding?
    Casual. I don't have the time for leading edge raiding... So, I Pug PvP and solo a lot... Now that I'm 60, I'll see what kind of Pug raids I can get into.

I'm sure 61 puri/15 (warden or sent) would be most effective... But I'm looking for something "fun".... Even if it's not "raid worthy."

... I have a defiled and a warden/sent.... So, something that covers a playstyle those two don't. I'm thinking maybe purifier/justicar... At least for dungeons, if I can generate aggro, that could work...

Here are links to a few guides (with current builds), and my personal thoughts:

For PvP, you'll want to use a Sentinel or Defiler build. For soloing, 61 druid with tank pet out is easy mode, and can pull good melee DPS in dungeons and raids.

Purifier excels in 5man dungeons and 10 or 20man raids. Since the recent changes, I mostly run 61pur/15 sent/0Warden, but you can tweak the build however you want.

I think you should "want" to play this build because you can put out pretty good DPS (for a Cleric, while healing), you drop pretty cool looking boxes of fire all over the place, if you're bored of Sentinel, or if you like the novelty of being able to "heal" fights for really low HPS (<1kHPS vs ~3kHPS for Sent or Chloro). If you can solo heal every Normal Dungeon with 61puri, and once you have gear you'll be able to do almost every fight in the Expert Dungeons. A few bosses will be way more manageable in Sent, or with a backup healer, but 61Pur is fun all the way through.

For Raiding, you'll be used if your group wants a Cleric Tank healer. Puri was mostly an AoE shieldbot until a few weeks ago, but now we're mostly Tank healing with some cool utility.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    Trying to give advice on the internet doesn't work.

+ Reply to Thread