+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric melee dps

Soulwalker

Default Cleric melee dps

So I pvp as a melee dps cleric and I have to say... it is underpowered class ever on rift. I personally think melee dps clerics( shaman) needs buff. I find being a shaman cleric dps in PVE like dungeons and etc there alright but could be better honestly. I think shaman needs a buff in general.

Telaran

Shaman is currently the highest dps spec in the game.

/10char

Soulwalker

are you level 60 or have read the skill shaman get at lvl60 by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Adgara View Post
    So I pvp as a melee dps cleric and I have to say... it is underpowered class ever on rift. I personally think melee dps clerics( shaman) needs buff. I find being a shaman cleric dps in PVE like dungeons and etc there alright but could be better honestly. I think shaman needs a buff in general.
    This is a very well thought out post with exceptional reasoning and examples to prove the OPs point.

Wait...

Melee in large-scale pvp (ie conquest) has its issues. Shaman suffers in that regard and lacks a lot of pvp utility. Hard to do all that dps when your target isn't standing still . . .

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sofie View Post
    Melee in large-scale pvp (ie conquest) has its issues. Shaman suffers in that regard and lacks a lot of pvp utility. Hard to do all that dps when your target isn't standing still . . .
    Solution: play druid, which is much better for pvp with fae mimicry, pull, and step.

Or just play inq like any other cleric who pvps lol

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vetheax View Post
    Shaman is currently the highest dps spec in the game.

/10char
    how is it the highest dps spec ? inq does 2x better then shaman sadly. I just think shaman needs a buff cause it really does suck

All good points. Your explanations and numbers have convinced me.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Adgara View Post
    how is it the highest dps spec ? inq does 2x better then shaman sadly. I just think shaman needs a buff cause it really does suck
    They do not need a buff at all, they ARE the highest dps in the game. If you are a true pvp'r which it seems you are not, then u know that in any game, ranged dps has the advantage because players have the ability to kite. The only thing that a shaman could use is a bit more utility, but to get that, they would have to remove some damage abilities.

+ Reply to Thread