+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New- How do i level as a cleric healer Advice please.

Soulwalker

Default New- How do i level as a cleric healer Advice please.

Title says it all, or is it more viable to level as ranged dps ?

If so which directions do I need to go,

also is it faster to quest, ai's dungeons or what ( I am currently level 19)

You can have multiple roles, so roll dps to quest with while in q for dungeons as heals. Switch roles when your q pops.

Soulwalker

What is best dps spec for leveling?

what is the easiest way to level ...

Dungeons?
    IA's?
    Quests?

It is more personal preference than what is best. The fastest way to level is to have someone level 60 powerlevel you to at least 50, but you cut out a portion of the game.

Quests - Most self-sufficient and there is a never ending source of them all the way to 60.
    IA's - Usually not worth unless there are other people doing them. However, you can pick up quests while doing IA and get experience from both at the same time.
    Dungeons - Very iffy. If you have a group that is good, it can go by pretty quick. But a lot of people in the queues are either very bad at their class, or don't care enough. So they are going to make your group harder than easier. Queue as a healer can sometimes be decently quick, but you will often run into tanks that have 0 tank gear and sometimes try to tank in a dps role. You can always queue though and if it is slow, go do quests/IA while you wait.

The fifth option is warfronts. Some players reach 60 solely off warfronts. If you enjoy PvP, the option is out there and it can be fun for you the entire way to 60. Not for everyone though.

I did primarily quests on both of my toons, but I also enjoy questing, so it went be quick to me.
    Greybriar:
    Voraj - 4x Mage
    Voraje - 6x Cleric
    Teo - 6x Rogue

PVP..

Healing is incredibly powerful at low levels and slowly scales down all the way to 60. PVP is already good exp and you can downright carry teams as a healer at low levels.

Soulwalker

what is a good ranged spec for clerics dps wise for questing? my first toon so I don't want to cut out too much.

Check out the 'cleric guides' forum at top.

Quote Originally Posted by Xedo View Post
    what is a good ranged spec for clerics dps wise for questing? my first toon so I don't want to cut out too much.
    For solo questing druid is second to none... tank pet and just resummon (2 sec cast early on) when he gets low or dies..

Put some points in justicar (12) and put righteous mandate on your pet until you get aid of the forest (40 druid)

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    PVP..

Healing is incredibly powerful at low levels and slowly scales down all the way to 60. PVP is already good exp and you can downright carry teams as a healer at low levels.
    Agree a good cleric can carry a team pretty far. get two of them and you can win lots of games. Of course the other team will have them to.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Telaran

best single target range = inquisitor
    best aoe range = cabalist
    best solo = druid > shaman
    i would suggest running inquisitor dps for dungeons and druid for solo
    but u r poor u can just run 1 healing spec/1 druid spec. druid does decent dps for dungeons too. not as much as inq but who cares.

as for how to level as a healer...i leveled to 50+ solely as a warden/sentinel healer. i didnt have a 2nd role. how i leveled was running non stop IAs. they can pull multiple mobs while u heal them. and queing WFs and random dungeons. with the random wf and dungeon bonus it is the fastest way to level up. once those r gone i run IAs and rift hunts all day both need a healer. days of questing/storyline to level up are over. welcome to rift son.
    Last edited by Etherial; 08-29-2013 at 12:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread