+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Essences for Cleric Raid Healers

Default Essences for Cleric Raid Healers

After digging around the forums, I'm pretty sure I've figured out what I'm going for in my "raid healer's" BiS source engine. I wanted to bounce it off the cleric community, and see if there's anything I'm missing or not considering.

The best Source Engine available (at this time) seems to allow 2 greater essences, and 4 lessers. It also has an extra 20 water resist, which isn't much, but every little bit helps.

GREATERS:
    It seems like the most important Greater Essence for any raid healing cleric to get would be the Hunt Legend Mender's Rough Greater Rotward. Because the special ability grants all healing spells the chance to increase your TARGET'S Attack and Spell Power by 114 for 20 seconds, this would be especially powerful in a raid setting, where AoE heals would multiply this effect times 20 people. This can be acquired by buying a Hunt Legend Mender's Rotward from the Torvan vendor once you hit Venerated, and then upgrading it with a Nefarious Shadesource (which are currently selling for around 4K-6K platinum).

The choice of the second greater essence seems like a bit of a wash. You could either choose the Hunt Legend Mender's Greater Lifewood or the Hunt Legend Mender's Greater Deepstone. Both abilities seem similar in benefit to a raid healing cleric, and both the upgrade essences (Illuminated Tidesource and Demulcent Faesource) are similar in price (8K-9K platinum).

The abilities are:
    * Healing spells have a chance to heal the target for 1910 health over 8 seconds
    * Healing abilities have a chance to increase Spell Power or Attack Power by 81 for 20 seconds

It seems like either one would be equally good, and the choice might come down to which upgrade essence you can acquire the cheapest (or be lucky enough to have one drop into your loot bag).

LESSERS:
    In general, it seems like Wardens would slightly prefer Spell Power, where Purifiers would prefer Crit Power. But, apart from that, both would still likely use these four lessers:

Dendrome Missionary's Grounding Stone
    Hunt Legend Mender's Sandstone
    Hunt Legend Mender's Brimstone

and... whichever of these was not used for the greater.
    Hunt Legend Mender's Lifewood
    Hunt Legend Mender's Deepstone

So... there it is.
    Am I missing anything?

Plane Touched

Depends on your perception of how healing works.
    Your base of HPS at any given time segment over many encounters with long time lengths is always going to be a function of non-crit non-proc healing.

It is sort of complicated by the fact you often do some dps in any healing spec, and thus crit power could potentially be useful, but if your talking about a pure healing perspective BIS could be based off a near 100% value on spellpower (without sacrificing endurance). I know opinions vary on this, and I know heals can crit. If you don't agree, just agree to disagree....

Going by that you can get 5 Cleric SP lessers (2 of them in greater form). Then most likely 1 Cleric CP lesser rather then a Mage SP essence (due to very high wisdom difference, and hatred toward mages, however I could see the perspective of using a mage one)

Basicly I'm going to base my greater choices on the fact I can have the same lesser and greater version of an essence in my sigil ( to squeeze in more cleric SP essences)

Nefarious is very good, its on a SP essence, and has the bonus of benefiting stats to the raid.

The death damage proc one is on a SP essence, but the proc is worthless to us but if you can get it cheap and have no other option... why not?

However, the HoT greater would be ruled out, its proc is poor and its on a CP essence.

The SP to self on heal VS crit hit on attack, is a little more complicated, they are almost a wash on pure SP to self (due to base stats only being influenced by talents/buffs). This leads me to choose reinforced because while it may appear to be inferior due to the proc up time on the SP proc, your minimal healing per second is going to be based off non crits - without the proc on. As a general rule if you can heal any random segment of an encounter without a random crit, or a proc, only then reliably control the outcome (from a healing perspective).

But hey you''ll do better on the meters if you Stack CP instead, that's all that matters isn't it?

On a out there theory note... While i know many people wouldn't understand, I could also imagine the possibility of the 15% shield proc tank essence (on every member in a raid). Assuming your in a healing spec that could proc it (defiler / warden). Imagine a whole raid of people with near constant 15% dr (due to its high proc rate and high absorb/max hp ratio for a non tank).... mind blown....
    Last edited by hellshound38; 08-28-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Telaran

As far as the greaters go,

I've been told that nefarious has an ICD that stops it from being on more than a few peoplle at any given moment. Not sure if this is true but the amount of stats is so high I'd see that as fairly reasonable.

Lifewood>Deepstone, IMO, bexause CP is so much better as a stat than spell crit. I'm not sure if the procs of nefarious/deepstone stack, I assume they do. Lifewood procs semi often in a ST healing soul and procs constantly with warden. I think the individual stats of Lifewood make it better, procs aside.

For lessers, this was just said but you can use the lesser of a greater you already have. For healing, it's ideal to stack SP, unless you play purifier. Personally, I don't want a seperate dps sigil so I mix CP and SP, going straight down riftscene's BiS list (with the proper weights ofc). It's important to remember some essences have extra wisdom, which you have to consider when comparing the SP on one to the SP/CP of another.

CP is roughly the same as SP for purifier thanks to 15 sec CD flashovers with it's new style, even faster if you can afford to clip WoFlame.
    Last edited by Vetheax; 08-28-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Rift Chaser

For a healing planar focus, you want to prioritize spell power above everything else.

Best in slot for greaters to have both the cleric and mage Nefarious (114 spell power proc).

After that you want another Cleric rotward, the lycini spell power one, and then both the cleric and mage sandstones.

total (important) stats:

424 wisdom
    309 spell power
    nefarious proc x2

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    For a healing planar focus, you want to prioritize spell power above everything else.

Best in slot for greaters to have both the cleric and mage Nefarious (114 spell power proc).

After that you want another Cleric rotward, the lycini spell power one, and then both the cleric and mage sandstones.

total (important) stats:

424 wisdom
    309 spell power
    nefarious proc x2
    Not sure if the proc is worth the loss of wisdom especially if there is an ICD. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

General of Telara

I've tested using 2 nefarious and saw no difference in proc rate using 2 over one. By the logic in this thread i'd say you'd want the Mender's Greater Rotward as your 2nd essence.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vetheax View Post
    Not sure if the proc is worth the loss of wisdom especially if there is an ICD. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
    There was a thread on the forums a while back that had all the math on having two of them. I'll try to find it again, but it made it clear that having 2 of them was definitely worth it. I'm pretty sure they do not share an ICD.

Thing is with Nefarious, it doesn't proc on yourself, so you gain nothing from it and as a healer its doing nothing to help you heal people, other than randomly boost 2 or 3 other peoples SP alittle bit.

I don't honestly think that the greater essence procs are anything much to write home about, pretty sure the best thing you can do is either stack 4SP's and 2 CP's, or 5SP's and 1 CP for max stats, and the procs are just fluff really as far as a healer is concerned.

The procs are great on a chloro, who can knock out 20+ LGV heals per second and make them proc on cooldown, but a cleric just can't make enough heals fast enough to get enough procs to worry about them much.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    There was a thread on the forums a while back that had all the math on having two of them. I'll try to find it again, but it made it clear that having 2 of them was definitely worth it. I'm pretty sure they do not share an ICD.
    Would be a nice read. Haven't seen any thread like that. I do agree with usman though, that the proc may be good for the raid but does nothing to help you heal.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vetheax View Post
    Would be a nice read. Haven't seen any thread like that. I do agree with usman though, that the proc may be good for the raid but does nothing to help you heal.
    I don't really understand where people are getting the idea that it never procs on yourself. As warden, you constantly are proccing it on yourself with geyser and maintaining hots on yourself, while also getting lots of procs with your aoe heals.

As defiler, I get procs often when using siphon vitality or HD when i put my husk up.

As sentinal you can get procs by keeping light of redemption on yourself.

Getting procs on yourself is harder as puri, and as a whole, a nefarious is worth less to a cleric than it used to because puri shields aren't raid wide anymore. However, it is still definitely better to get the mage one for more spell power instead of spell crit. I'm pretty sure they haven't fixed the illuminated tidesource yet so for now it functions exactly like a nefarious (it grants spell power to the targets of your heals, not yourself).
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 08-30-2013 at 11:24 AM.

From what I've seen so far, Nefarious has a limit on how many targets it can be active at once, and it only gets applied to another target after the duration ticks out - I've never seen it refresh. It's still beast tho, and by far the best choice, since 114 of a Power stat is hardly neglectable regardless who it procs on.

+ Reply to Thread