+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Eruption of Life bugged?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple ZtriDer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default Eruption of Life bugged?

    Anyone got problems with Eruption of Life?
    For some reason I cant get the part where it is reducing the CD on Resounding Blow to work.

    I have check for 1min and 30 sec and it did not work 1 time.
    Lost where no man has been lost before.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Are you using Essence Strike with it? I have noticed that using ES, reapplies EoL (basically casts it again) versus triggering Life surge, which procs the cd reduction on RB. This may be where it's skipping.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple ZtriDer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesey View Post
    Are you using Essence Strike with it? I have noticed that using ES, reapplies EoL (basically casts it again) versus triggering Life surge, which procs the cd reduction on RB. This may be where it's skipping.
    In my macro I am using it yes, but when I was testing it I was just using Resouding Blow and Eruption of Life. And no other skills.
    Lost where no man has been lost before.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247

    Default

    So in testing you were doing RB->EoL->EoL->EoL->EoL->EoL->RB?

    Trying to get what you were doing to see if I can recreate it.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple ZtriDer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZtriDer View Post
    In my macro I am using it yes, but when I was testing it I was just using Resouding Blow and Eruption of Life. And no other skills.
    I have notest that when I use Essence of Strike, it will reduce the timer on Resounding Blow, but not Eruption of Life alone, or any other attack after that.
    Lost where no man has been lost before.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple ZtriDer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesey View Post
    So in testing you were doing RB->EoL->EoL->EoL->EoL->EoL->RB?

    Trying to get what you were doing to see if I can recreate it.
    That is correct.
    Lost where no man has been lost before.

  7. #7
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    979

    Default

    EoL will not reduce the cd on RB. Life Surge, the debuff EoL puts on a target will reduce the cd. Once you cast EoL once all your melee skills will proc Life Surge and reduce the cd. Refresh your stacks of LS using ES or EoL again

    EoL used to proc Life Surge but seems to have been changed at some point to not proc LS.
    Last edited by Accol; 08-28-2013 at 08:48 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple ZtriDer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    EoL will not reduce the cd on RB. Life Surge, the debuff EoL puts on a target will reduce the cd. Once you cast EoL once all your melee skills will proc Life Surge and reduce the cd. Refresh your stacks of LS using ES or EoL again
    It says, "and reduce the cooldown of Resounding Blow by 1.5s each time the Cleric hit the enemy over the next 15s, up to 9 times.

    That should meen that autoattack also triggers this, but during my 1m 30 second fight, I got no reduction what to ever.
    Lost where no man has been lost before.

  9. #9
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZtriDer View Post
    It says, "and reduce the cooldown of Resounding Blow by 1.5s each time the Cleric hit the enemy over the next 15s, up to 9 times.

    That should meen that autoattack also triggers this, but during my 1m 30 second fight, I got no reduction what to ever.
    pretty sure auto attacks never proced a LS and I'm not sure if EoL failing to proc a LS is a bug or not. Either way the the tooltip could be updated to be more clear.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple ZtriDer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    pretty sure auto attacks never proced a LS and I'm not sure if EoL failing to proc a LS is a bug or not. Either way the the tooltip could be updated to be more clear.
    Have testet out a bit more. EoL it self does not reduce the CD of RB. Autoattack does not reduce the CD of RB..

    Damit.. Need to rething my macro...
    Last edited by ZtriDer; 08-28-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Lost where no man has been lost before.

  11. #11
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZtriDer View Post
    Have testet out a bit more. EoL it self does not reduce the CD of RB. Autoattack does not reduce the CD of RB..

    Damit.. Need to rething my macro...
    But every other melee skill will. If you are using a full druid spec there will be very few skills that you use on a regular basis that will not reduce the cd. EoL should be only used once on a target and refreshed with ES

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Technically EoL *should* proc Life Surge if it is on the target already, but then I'm sure it doesn't because the spell is a 2 parter. one part does the damage, the other part applies LS, because it happens at the same time, and to keep the stacks left count right, I imagine it overwrites existing LS so it applies something along the lines of, Apply LS and deal dmg within the same cd making EoL's dmg not count toward proccing LS.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts