+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: Druid Change Request - Trickter's Bolt

Default Druid Change Request - Trickter's Bolt

Please have a look at Trickter's bolt. The idea I believe was to give Druids a bit of range but in its present incarnation, its 100% useless.

Move it up the tree if need be, increase the damage and reduce its travel time.

Trickter's Bolt

Rank 14
    7.5% Mana
    Instant

Deals 602 to 683 Life Damage
    Require Level 60

I don't think 100% useless means what you think it means

Ascendant

Druid in general is pretty far behind Shaman. 1.5k+ behind without even considering preload RotN. Trickster's Bolt, however, is not useless.
    Last edited by Ahov; 08-28-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I don't think 100% useless means what you think it means
    Like so many that run full Druid, I spec my 0 pts in Warden for the little heal and WJ. WJ hits for more damage and has a faster travel time.

So from my perspective, yes its useless in its present from.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    Like so many that run full Druid, I spec my 0 pts in Warden for the little heal and WJ. WJ hits for more damage and has a faster travel time.

If you have 0 points in warden you are losing more DPS by not having enough points in either Inquisitor spellpower or Shaman bonuses.

If you have 0 points in warden you are losing more DPS by not having enough points in either Inquisitor spellpower or Shaman bonuses.
    You missed the point of the thread in your rush to be a smart arse.
    Last edited by Nickalispicalis; 08-29-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Sibne @wolfsbane
    Last edited by Nickalispicalis; 08-29-2013 at 11:41 AM.

I can live with a loss of .5% in exchange for a heal and a better instant. I thought though you had to actually spend a point in a tree for the bonuses to apply, unless you are referring to something else.

61/Druid/15/Inq/0/Warden is the spec I am running.

61/Druid/15/Inq/0/Shaman ?

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#n8/DkGBiBhlkl8/l8g

8+ inq may be more suitable for PvP but you are wasting at least 3 points in inq that serve no purpose for Druid, or 5 if you don't want the range extension on Eruption of Life/Trickster's.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-29-2013 at 11:52 AM.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#n8/DkGBiBhlkl8/l8g

8+ inq may be more suitable for PvP but you are wasting at least 3 points in inq that serve no purpose for Druid, or 5 if you don't want the range extension on Eruption of Life/Trickster's.
    You are correct. I don't raid with this spec, I know its not optimal for DPS, but for PVP it does give me a little bit of range ability.

I will not be able exchange with an MM or Pyro mind you, but it gives me something to do whilst waiting for Fae Extraction to refresh.

Soulwalker

Why...? The Faerie healer puts out shockingly more heals than you could ever hope to with Healing Spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Izawwlgood View Post
    Why...? The Faerie healer puts out shockingly more heals than you could ever hope to with Healing Spray.
    I have gotten better results with the Seer. I haven't tried the healer recently, but passed experience has taught me she spent more time healing herself when at 100%, then healing me when I really needn't it.

Soulwalker

I have gotten better results with the Seer. I haven't tried the healer recently, but passed experience has taught me she spent more time healing herself when at 100%, then healing me when I really needn't it.
    I haven't looked at her AI carefully, but I don't feel she wastes a lot of healing. You can toggle her abilities off auto if you feel she's being too generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Izawwlgood View Post
    I haven't looked at her AI carefully, but I don't feel she wastes a lot of healing. You can toggle her abilities off auto if you feel she's being too generous.
    That's true but then she won't heal your team-mates. You can macro that too I suppose, but then that's too much micro managing if you are rolling dps.

Pet AI could use some work. I hear setting the healer to aggressive (and of course deactivating her attack ability) makes it heal other people more reliably but I haven't specifically tried it.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-30-2013 at 08:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread