+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trackign soothing stream? (returning player)

Rift Disciple

Default Trackign soothing stream? (returning player)

I just started playing Rift again (I quit shortly after Ember Isle) but unfortunately a lot has changed. For example all my specs have been reset and several abilities have disappeared rendering makro's unusable. Also I no longer have my addons.

For now I would ike to do the new dungeons as a warden healer. However I forgot in what way I used to track soothing stream stacks.

I am sure I could view them (with the correct icon) on the raid frames on each player affected including the number of stacks.

I tried the addon Rift healer but this one only showed a green circle.

Anyone here that can help me sort this out?

ps to be clear it was not Karuul alert, it was INSIDE the raid frames. So not http://www.riftscene.com/addons/usin...stream-stacks/
    Last edited by Exchequer; 08-26-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Rift Disciple

Update: Click Box Healer seems to do what I want however I need to change the text color if the number of stacks.

Where do I change the color of the buff tracker text?

Oh god that Kalert guide is olllld.

Don't even worry about tracking 4x Soothing Stream anymore outside of Monsoon/Ripple usage. It's a waste of GCDs to keep it at 4 stacks.

If you read the Warden tooltips, you'll see that the healing decreases over time too.

tl;dr Warden is played differently now.

I do not recommend using warden for healing experts or any instance where keeping up soothing stream on a single person is a concern. Every single other healing tree in the game is superior for this purpose.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-26-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

I am not concerned with the "best" build right now. I am way overgeared for the level 50 experts. What happened to the elite dungeons???

Regarding warden: For some reason healing current is gone too. All the new spells seem to be AOE 10 man+. Also spells like devine call and Life's return have shifted further in the tree and are no longer avaiable to the warden/sentinel that has the warden top tier talent .

How good is the preset Sentinel/Warden ???
    Last edited by Exchequer; 08-26-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exchequer View Post
    I am not concerned with the "best" build right now. I am way overgeared for the level 50 experts. What happened to the elite dungeons???

Regarding warden: For some reason healing current is gone too. All the new spells seem to be AOE 10 man+. Also spells like devine call and Life's return have shifted further in the tree and are no longer avaiable to the warden/sentinel that has the warden top tier talent .

Warden excels at AoE healing of 10 people or more. Thus my previous comments. Level 50 experts are rather pointless unless you want to do them for the story as storm legion questing gear at level 52 will be superior, you should get to level 60 if you want to do current content. You will not be overgeared for that, so you should use specs suited to the activity.

Warden/sentinel hybrids can do a combination of ST and AoE healing but you are generally better off going full Sentinel for small groups or full warden for raid healing because both of those builds will be superior in those instances. Higher up talents and abilities vastly improve the potency of the specs.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-26-2013 at 10:52 AM.

I also came back recently after a year off, and also used to play Warden almost exclusively.
    If you didn't catch it in prior posts, Clerics are different now.
    Trion changed just about all the souls at least once in the last year.

Wardens can no longer be effective tank healers.
    Sentinel now has many more instant cast cooldowns, so they're better at small party healing.
    Purifiers just became one of the best tank healers in the game.
    All Whatever-icar specs are dead for group healing.
    3x/3x hybrids are dead... you need 61 points in a soul to get the best benefits.

You'll find that a Druid-Justicar is a decent soloing build. (They fixed pets.)
    It can easily get you from 50-60 in no time.

Inquisitor still does decent DPS, if you like PvP.
    Not much self-healing for soloing, though.

For group healing experts, there's two possibilities:
    61 Sentinel/Puri and 61 Puri/Warden.
    There are guides on this forum.
    However, get the newest Puri guides, as they only changed last week.
    Most guides are for the old Puri, which will steer you wrong.

Welcome Back!
    Last edited by Kaelani; 08-26-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Rift Disciple

Alright thanks for the info.

I tried the warding on Realm of the Fae as level 18 mentored down and I realised I have to get used to all the spells anyway and that most spells are aimed at group heal.. Whereas the 5 man have little group heal and more tank damage.

Can you also point me to a decent level 50 build? There are a LOT.
    Last edited by Exchequer; 08-26-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Can you also point me to a decent level 50 build? There are a LOT.
    For soloing from 50 to 60, this is still a good starting point:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...just-seer.html

Soulwalker

Just want to say that Warden can in fact be primary tank heals on SL Experts. It's not as good, but it's fantastic for a group that doesn't know fights. But ST heals aren't hard to keep up.

The throughput is lower than say Puri, but the ability to two click and basically fill the rest of the party means you won't be clicking around very much.

+ Reply to Thread