+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inquisitor soloing/heals

Soulwalker

Default Inquisitor soloing/heals

I recently hit lv57, and got an absolutely amazing buff in the Inquisitor line that just about tripled my dps in it. Since then I have fallen in love with this tree! But for soloing, I find myself dying quite often because I can't really heal myself or anything, so even though I can kill things really fast, if I accidentally pull 2 monsters or if I get an elite, I'm toast! Does anyone have any tips on keeping yourself healed up as an inquisitor?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sephollos View Post
    I recently hit lv57, and got an absolutely amazing buff in the Inquisitor line that just about tripled my dps in it. Since then I have fallen in love with this tree! But for soloing, I find myself dying quite often because I can't really heal myself or anything, so even though I can kill things really fast, if I accidentally pull 2 monsters or if I get an elite, I'm toast! Does anyone have any tips on keeping yourself healed up as an inquisitor?
    Judicial privilege is your most potent heal in full inquisitor specs, you can side into healing specs for minor self healing, you also have harsh discipline but that's not immune to setback so it's not all that reliable of a self-heal.

Healing besides that is apply scourge+ vex to your main dps targets for the heal and dps.
    (There's a talent in the top inquisitor tree that makes scourge/vex heal for 6% of your health over 15 seconds and they stack)

Soulwalker

I use Purifer and Justicar zero point for a solo/heal Inquisitor.

- Symbol of the Torch (Absorb dmg, always up)
    - Healing Flare (spammable istant heal)
    - both of them can trigger Sign of Wrath (reflect dmg)
    - Cauterize to cleanse debuff (if 58Inq/16puri spec)
    - overall healing increase for better Salvation and heals/shield.

This plus what Candoalot suggested make Inquisitor a pretty survival spec and without SL soul. It helped me a lot especially when I was fresh 60. Latest Purifer changes give the option of another dot (Char) if you like.

Plane Touched

I use 61 inq/9 cab/6 purifier, self shield and spammable heal, with a pretty nice passive aoe for soloing. Ive tried out many specs, but this one is the best ive seen so far. You sacrifice very little dps over a raid spec, and gain a massive amount of survivability.
    Last edited by NoUseForAName; 08-24-2013 at 10:58 PM.

I'm only level 50, but found that if I put 12 points into purifier, I find myself nearly unkillable in solo play for my level range. Just shield, and ward when getting pummeled. Pop your other heals if things get really hairy. But I can pull 5+ level 50s in pelladane and not even break a sweat. 51 points in inquisitor, and aoe them at my leisure. Plus with two damage shields on you, they practically kill themselves.

Telaran

If you want survivability while leveling as inq I would recommend going 57-61 inq/15 defiler. You pick up a cleanse as well as Loathsome restoration, which in combination with Judicial privilege and Harsh Discipline should be enough to keep you topped off while fighting 1-2 mobs and alive while fighting more.

Make sure you keep scourge and vex on all possible targets to maximize contempt healing.

Note that this isn't the highest inq dps spec, which is 61 inq/10 cab/5 defiler. So you may have to swap over at level 60 and get used to using DW, etc.

All this aside, druid is far and beyond the best soloing spec (unless you pull a thousand mobs and then defiler hybrids are slightly better). Passive pet heals and fae mimicry make soloing quite easy. You can sustain through aoe and pretty much oneshot single mobs.

Loathsome restoration is a weak heal tho. Maybe your def of survivability and mine are different. I can literally run into just about any level appropriate area picking up adds like a calculator and have plenty of time to get off some stuff, then ward then pop more stuff and if I get swarmed, I pop the shield, ward, the runbuff heal, and the instant puri heal as well. That will buy you enough time even if you've got like 8 mobs beating on you. Just apply a couple dots, soul drain, one instance of your aoe channel, and then rinse and repeat on your shield/ward. Its almost too easy. Watch the mobs burn themselves out on your damage shields. You literally could take on a horde, just focus on healing yourself and they would eventually kill themselves.

+ Reply to Thread