+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: cleric roles in GA

Telaran

Default cleric roles in GA

About to step into GA. with some fresh 500 hit folks.

Read that initially people ran 1 Cleric Tank, 1 Defiler, and 1 Puri.

Obviously the tank role depends on if you even have one, but what about the other two roles?

Has the need for Puri changed, and if so, do folks carry two Puri specs? One 61-point spec and one double cleanse spec for Kyzan? Maybe only 61/12/3 is all you need?

Out of curiosity, is there no need for Warden on Kyzan? Seems like Curative Waters would be great here, but maybe there's no need for big AoE heals.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by spago View Post
    About to step into GA. with some fresh 500 hit folks.

Read that initially people ran 1 Cleric Tank, 1 Defiler, and 1 Puri.

Obviously the tank role depends on if you even have one, but what about the other two roles?

Has the need for Puri changed, and if so, do folks carry two Puri specs? One 61-point spec and one double cleanse spec for Kyzan? Maybe only 61/12/3 is all you need?

Out of curiosity, is there no need for Warden on Kyzan? Seems like Curative Waters would be great here, but maybe there's no need for big AoE heals.
    Warden can quickly heal off the delayed annihilation, cleanse off a lot of bone harvest and put out a little dps.

Deep puri can't shield bot the raid anymore but you can do flame of life/gathering before each delayed and tank heal/spot heal inbetween people who derp, but yeah you can't heal through as many derps as before.

You don't strictly need a Puri either if you have more decent Mages in the group to Chloro. But Puri can help a lot when learning mechanics. With the last two bosses you're going to die to mechanics if you don't dodge them regardless of what/how many healers you have anyway.

As for other roles, Cleric DPS is perfectly viable if they're skilled enough. There are certain classes that can do the 2 targets, high damage thing (Harbinger, Riftblade etc) which are more 'ideal' for the last 3 encounters, but are by no means necessary to progress. Do enough ST damage and you'll be fine.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sikph View Post
    You don't strictly need a Puri either if you have more decent Mages in the group to Chloro. But Puri can help a lot when learning mechanics. With the last two bosses you're going to die to mechanics if you don't dodge them regardless of what/how many healers you have anyway.
    For progression is Puri preferable? Obviously avoidable mechanics are one thing, but does Puri's value go down post-progression? "Oh, now that I know the red poop spawns when he emotes I don't need you to shield me ..."

Ideally would you have 1 LBV, 1 LGV, 1 Defiler as your healing setup for all four bosses?
    Last edited by spago; 08-24-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Since you are just stepping in you'll most likely just get the first and second boss down but here are some tips.

First boss: one chloro, one defiler, one puri (can switch out for dps but since you are just starting its nice to have).

Second boss: Chloro, defiler, warden (for the cleanses and easy raid heals), some guilds run a puri aswell to ignore mechanics(bubbles) but if you don't have dps for enrage you don't need it.

Third boss: chloro, puri, defiler. puri will shield people who get the targeted nuke and help tank heal if needed. During empowered phase puri CDs the add tank. Last phase just cleanse and heal.

Fourth boss: Chloro, defiler, puri or warden (up to the raid).
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Soulwalker

x2 chloro,(one tank heal, one raid heal) necro for the link on tank.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jackslash View Post
    Does your guild frequently run 4x mages in a 10 man setting?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    Both kaliban and kyzan are pretty easily 1 tanked (kyzan can be a little harder, but not too bad). Most guilds don't use a defiler on kyzan so a necro is a good choice (my guild doesnt even use the necro).

This week we used the following setups:

Kaliban:
    1 Defiler (can be replaced with necro, idk why we dont since we 1 tank it)
    1 Chloro

Kyzan:
    1 chloro
    1 warden
    1 puri (optional imo)

Salvarola:
    1 chloro
    1 defiler
    1 puri (optional)

Ultane:
    1 chloro
    1 defiler
    1 puri
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 08-24-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Plane Touched

Kyzan -
    26 warden 24 puri 21 sent - wtf ill solo cleanse this **** with 5 points remaining spec.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    Sadly we don't always have enough mages. But I would run this any day for optimal effect.

Unfortunately some times we don't have enough mages on and we have to substitute some mages for clerics.

That's a very inefficient setup, I'd be extremely surprised if you've killed Salvarola, unlike most of the other people posting in this thread.
    Nope.

Telaran

For both our groups we usually go with:

Kaliban: (1 tank)
    1 puri tank healing
    1 chloro raid heal

Kyzan: (1 tank)
    1 warden
    1 chloro tank healing
    1 defiler (mostly for the cd, usually dps/purge as well)

Salvarola: (2 tanks, 1 is a cleric in both groups)
    1 puri tank/shield mindsear/breath if derped - mostly to keep adds tank alive since they get hit hard.
    1 chloro tank/raid heals
    1 defiler (spot heals/tank heals/dps - usually finishes with 12k+ dps)

Ultane:
    1 puri tank heals/shield focus target
    1 chloro raid heals
    1 defiler

For us we use 3 clerics per GA group, and only 2 mages (we seem to lack mages), 1 is chloro, the other pyro/chon for all fights; and has worked well for us, everything else you just want competent dps.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    Both kaliban and kyzan are pretty easily 1 tanked (kyzan can be a little harder, but not too bad). Most guilds don't use a defiler on kyzan so a necro is a good choice (my guild doesnt even use the necro).

This week we used the following setups:
    Stop using a puri. Everything is easier without a puri.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    That's a very inefficient setup, I'd be extremely surprised if you've killed Salvarola, unlike most of the other people posting in this thread.
    Don't get me wrong. Clerics can substitute for mages. It is just not optimal.

Don't get me wrong. Clerics can substitute for mages. It is just not optimal.
    so have u killed salv with that setup?
    Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast