+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So, what is up with heals

Default So, what is up with heals

Heals that go off if you have a corpse targeted.
    I tried to save someone, but I hit Fullness of Life after the person died. It goes on cooldown and heals me instead.
    Or would have healed me, if it didn't do a 100% overheal (checked combat log). It was literally the split second I realized the guy was already dead but my brain had already executed my finger to hit the key.

However, casted heals are aborted, don't go on cooldown and no mana is wasted. So, yeah.

Casted heals are aborted because you have already selected a target when you started the cast. If you started the cast after they died the same would happen, it falls back the target to yourself. I believe there is an option in settings to allow that to happen if you wish to turn it off.

There's an option in Settings>Interface>Combat called "Auto Self-Cast". If you uncheck it, spells will no longer automatically target you when an illegitimate or no target is selected. If you press a heal/buff with auto self-cast disabled, your cursor will light up allowing you to click the target you want to cast on, and upon clicking of a legit target the cast will start.

Not a setting I'd prefer, but if you're really having problems with using your CDs on a tank after they're dead, you may try using this option for yourself. Of course it's very likely that aggro will drop to you anyways and the auto self-cast would have done you a favor by defaulting the CDing you, and you'll still probably wipe anyways. But on the off chance dps gets aggro instead, you'll still have your CD.

Oh, okay. Thanks!
    I enjoy self cast though. Saves me time to select myself. I'm just used from healing in
    another self cast game. If the target died you'd have to deselect the corpse to proceed
    healing with targeted heals. If you had nothing selected, however, it would put the heals on yourself.
    Last edited by corthreat; 08-23-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Casted heals are aborted because you have already selected a target when you started the cast. If you started the cast after they died the same would happen, it falls back the target to yourself. I believe there is an option in settings to allow that to happen if you wish to turn it off.
    It will happen automatically if the target dies because it counts it as a target switch.
    So it gets cast on yourself even if you have "cast on self" shut off.

+ Reply to Thread