+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Eughe
  • 1 Post By BishopX
  • 1 Post By Eughe

Thread: melee dps

Soulwalker

Default melee dps

Is dps shaman viable in pvp or am i better off leveling my warrior they are currently at the same level. I am currently level 37 and the two other dps specs expesically druid don't seem to offer anything to shaman.

Rift Chaser

Shaman is the best cleric dps spec in PvE, but it isn't very good at pvp. Druid is decent at pvp, but not the best. Inquisitor is the best dps spec in pvp for sure, but obviously it isnt melee. If melee dps is what you want to play in pvp warrior or rogue would be best.

Shaman is fairly decent in pvp and although Druid can set off a big amount of burst, shaman can burst more often. They are both good, shaman is the quicker killer more often.

Warrior (RB) is overall better though because it can range better than shaman when it needs to.
    Last edited by Eughe; 08-22-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Shaman is fairly decent in pvp and although Druid can set off a big amount of burst, shaman can burst more often. They are both good, shaman is the quicker killer more often.

Warrior (RB) is overall better though because it can range better than shaman when it needs to.
    Agreed. Shaman will give you a bigger bang for your buck, but Druid is playable too. If the latter had a snare the way I believe combined effort use too, life would be much better. Otherwise make sure you have insoles on, as you generally only get a few swats in, and then its off to races again

After the disintegration nerf, Inquisitor is only your only choice for range.

Quote Originally Posted by xaus View Post
    Is dps shaman viable in pvp or am i better off leveling my warrior they are currently at the same level. I am currently level 37 and the two other dps specs expesically druid don't seem to offer anything to shaman.
    did someone say shaman pvp?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fzHW...I2Y17FKo5Okk8A

but before you get there...
    I reccomend you start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOdq5Vk07Cw

with that. and slowly progress into it.
    dont let anyone tell you what you cant do.
    Last edited by BishopX; 08-22-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

and most of all dont try to use a pve spec for pvp.

shaman is ment to beat on a large computer controled monster that isnt looking at you but if it did would kill you in 2 shots (pve)
    Justicar is ment to get beat on

so in pvp where people dont have aggro and are going to hit you back, and can kill you in THREE shots, why would you have all your points into the tree that isnt ment to be hit?
    I had about 7 pieces of warlord gear before I gave up justicar, but I still have my justicar shaman spec. The people who say "those healurz bettah keep me up cuz im teh l333t deepz" are the ones who arent having any success being a melee cleric.
    one great change about the melee souls is that they changed all 3 melee attacks from shaman druid and justicar to deal the same damage. and they changed shamans pattern of violence to work with all melee attacks, not just crushing blow. so I just ran around using strike or reckoning (justicar builder) so aside from having more hp, more resist (key) and more armor, you now will heal yourself for around 210 each swing and of course can use a conviction to self heal for 1k
    even with all "l33t purplez" I was still running around with a variation of 58/18just and was still able to kill targets. I gave up on the shaman aoe and the boost to crushing blow damage, since the justicar aoe did more damage while healing for 500-600 per swing, but i mostly just focused on single targets.

people target the guy with the low HP, so keep yourself higher in HP , especially since you have a blue bar.
    once they see they arent taking off 30% of yoru life with each attack they will try to kill an easier target, everyone wants leet damage numburz and to mindlessly chase after "marked" targets. which leaves you free to slap around whoever you can get to if they arent instantly killing you.
    remember, its your job to save yourself, healing is a luxary. so know when to hold em anhit windwalk.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post

That's actually wrong, druid has higher burst frequency but puts out far less pressure between bursts. Druid has better tools(ccs defensive CDs ect) for PvP, but shaman is still the better option for PvP, pretty much entirely because frozen wrath hits hard as fk so it actually creates opportunities to burst vs druid which pretty much has to burst to create an opporunity to burst kill. That catch 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Soboboo View Post
    That's actually wrong, druid has higher burst frequency
    In pve maybe. But you arent sitting there hitting someone for 5minutes where one can line up 15 and 30 second bursts.

Druid has better tools(ccs defensive CDs ect) for PvP
    Without a slow or stun or root, thats a debatable statement. In 1v1, sure. But in WF, keeping someone close is always better than chasing someone to their group.

In a WF, the silence is probably the better CC it has and with the 40 point on a 2minute CD, thats kinda eh. While shaman has a stun and a slow.

but shaman is still the better option for PvP, pretty much entirely because frozen wrath hits hard as fk so it actually creates opportunities to burst
    Because on any given target its bursts more often, with a 1 sec gcd and 2 seconds off MB every weapon attack especially once that person dips below 30%.
    Especially when RotN (bringing jolt into the picture more often causing MB to be off CD more often) and RoS are up and FW making every powerful hit do even more damage with a suped up VoWS. Not even considering FW own damage (since i wouldnt contribute that actual burst).

So how exactly am i wrong?
    Last edited by Eughe; 08-23-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Souls to accompany

I usually pick purifier and random others with the specs any recommendations for druid tree accompanying souls and shamans?

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    Shaman is the best cleric dps spec in PvE, but it isn't very good at pvp. Druid is decent at pvp, but not the best. Inquisitor is the best dps spec in pvp for sure, but obviously it isnt melee. If melee dps is what you want to play in pvp warrior or rogue would be best.
    While I wouldn't scoff at melee rogue or warriors, if you have access to the Storm Legion souls, you'll find that Harbinger is an excellent melee soul. With this mage soul, you get options that gives you a solid solo build, a cheeze 1v1 build, a good pvp build, and a great pve options. Plus, you're playing a class that also has top notch ranged dps and healing capabilities. The only thing mage is missing is a tanking soul, but that will be remedied when 3.0 comes out.

Just my $.02.

+ Reply to Thread