+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redcruxs

Thread: Returning cleric

Prophet of Telara

Default Returning cleric

so... last time i played was just shortly after the 2nd raid was introduced (can't even recall it's name...) and i though for the fun to try rift again.
    Upon login in, i got a host of items/thingies/etc that i haven't even seen before, so is there any1 that can give me a quick summary/answers to those:

a)for starters.. attunement:
    i get the gist of it, extra passives that unlock like hexes and stuff, but:
    i)can you respec them and is it expensive to do so?
    ii)i see weapon specific attunments there (staff, maces, etc), when i left there wasn't really a broad line of end game items apart hammer for melee and staff for non-melee, have they divided them now somehow? (p.e. is 1handed/offhand now better for healing, staff for spell dps, etc) and how?
    iii) attunments are 1 for all souls right? i mean i can't quick change them like roles right?
    iv)what is the maximum attunment points? atm i have something like 34 i think.

b)roles:
    when i left, cleric dps was struggling (and by struggling i mean severely behind others expect on rare occassions). Have they fixed it, and is it tilted towards melee or ranged for better dps?
    inquisicar i understand has died (and good ridance imo), what would then be for a good solo spec? druid?
    i used to main heal and i didn't really have a problem with any of the healing classes, but my favorite was purifier, the thing was, that apart from GS he was much worse than say a sent/pur or pure sent, have they fixed the healing souls to be more or less equal (and is purifier any good atm)?

c)all those quest items that i have piled on my char atm are useless right? things like golden eggs and otherwordly sourcestones i should discard or is there someplace i can trade them for something?

d)set crystals? what are those and where do i obtain them?

ty in advance (will probably find more things to ask as i play^^)
    Last edited by shroudb; 08-22-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    so... last time i played was just shortly after the 2nd raid was introduced (can't even recall it's name...) and i though for the fun to try rift again.
    Upon login in, i got a host of items/thingies/etc that i haven't even seen before, so is there any1 that can give me a quick summary/answers to those:

a)for starters.. attunement:
    i get the gist of it, extra passives that unlock like hexes and stuff, but:
    i)can you respec them and is it expensive to do so?
    You can but it's expensive, its more of a set and forget type of system
    ii)i see weapon specific attunments there (staff, maces, etc), when i left there wasn't really a broad line of end game items apart hammer for melee and staff for non-melee, have they divided them now somehow? (p.e. is 1handed/offhand now better for healing, staff for spell dps, etc) and how?
    1h/Oh is equivalent to 2h, all that matters is the stats and which one you like better
    iii) attunments are 1 for all souls right? i mean i can't quick change them like roles right?
    correct
    iv)what is the maximum attunment points? atm i have something like 34 i think.
    its well over 1000, you'll just get them as you play, no need to focus on it

b)roles:
    when i left, cleric dps was struggling (and by struggling i mean severely behind others expect on rare occassions). Have they fixed it, and is it tilted towards melee or ranged for better dps?
    inquisicar i understand has died (and good ridance imo), what would then be for a good solo spec? druid?
    Its 100% fixed now, clerics are on par with any other dps class. Rift has also gone towards favoring melee dps *slightly* to account for boss mechanics. basically, play what you want, but shaman has highest ST dps potential, followed by druid and inq.

all the -icar spec's are dead, druid and/or defiler is the go-to solo spec
    i used to main heal and i didn't really have a problem with any of the healing classes, but my favorite was purifier, the thing was, that apart from GS he was much worse than say a sent/pur or pure sent, have they fixed the healing souls to be more or less equal (and is purifier any good atm)?
    most all builds are 61 points, healers might be slightly hybridized but not like the sent/puri of old. They all have their own niche, warden is burst AoE heals, Sent is tank healing cooldowns, puri has just been changed back to being a primary tank healer based on shields.

c)all those quest items that i have piled on my char atm are useless right? things like golden eggs and otherwordly sourcestones i should discard or is there someplace i can trade them for something?
    keep them for now, regular quest items are in your quest log item bag world event items are in your currency tab primarily. most world events now roll around anually so it can help to keep items. you'll just have to figure out what you can throw away

d)set crystals? what are those and where do i obtain them?
    set crystals give you a bonus to certain souls if you have 2/3/4 pieces of the dungeon or raid set. you can buy them in tempest bay (main SL city) or you can buy them in the rift store. The rift store is the cash shop but it also has a LOT of regular NPC's items in it (at the regular price). so essentially you don't always have to go back to town to buy things such as dungeon/raid gear, lesser essences, and reputation items.

ty in advance (will probably find more things to ask as i play^^)
    in red

/10char

Prophet of Telara

Tyvm for your help.
    Thankfully I have 2-3 bags of equips and stuff mostly epic from gs and the 2nd raid to choose for equip, so the next question is:
    For druid at my lvl and gear is it better to go with sp or crit?
    For purifier I'm guessing not much has changed, so I guess sp to the brim
    For justicars, it used to be that str>wis, have they fixed that, and if yes, is it end/sp/avoidance they way to go?

For attunments I guess since they are universal I should focus on sp and end right? Is there a "plane" that is better? Should I start picking all sp p.e. from tier 1's or should I focus my points into 1 tree to reach tier 3 fast?

Thnx again

Tyvm for your help.
    Thankfully I have 2-3 bags of equips and stuff mostly epic from gs and the 2nd raid to choose for equip, so the next question is:
    For druid at my lvl and gear is it better to go with sp or crit?
    For purifier I'm guessing not much has changed, so I guess sp to the brim
    For justicars, it used to be that str>wis, have they fixed that, and if yes, is it end/sp/avoidance they way to go?

For attunments I guess since they are universal I should focus on sp and end right? Is there a "plane" that is better? Should I start picking all sp p.e. from tier 1's or should I focus my points into 1 tree to reach tier 3 fast?

Thnx again
    you don't have to worry about old raid equipment, it will be replaced by the time you are level 52-54 by storm legion quest gear. for tanking, no tank gear is needed in the standard dungeons.

there are 3 dps stats now, spellpower, crit power (crit damage), and spell crit (crit chance)

spell crit is extremely weak, it is valued at roughly 1/4th the weight of spellpower

crit power is more of an end-game dps stat, not too good for healers

spellpower is the generic dps/healing stat

Druid will benefit the most from spellpower, however the more crit power you have the stronger Shaman dps will be compared to druid. So to obtain the best dps in endgame you will want to focus pretty much entirely on crit power and use shaman. If you just want to use druid and also heal then focus on spellpower primarily.

Justicar has been fixed, it primarily benefits from wisdom/int/endurance now but endurance is weighted far higher than wis or int because they nerfed avoidance tanking. Alsom, of the lesser stats, block is better than dodge or parry on gear.

for attunement, start with fire to T2 to get the 160sp flaring sigil enchantment for your weapon. after that just start filling them as you want, I'd start with the wisdom ones and ones that give bonus to wands (since we will always have a wand on, after that go int and endurance. It is more efficient to get all of T1 first then start T2 (exept fire) because there are a lot of "useless fluff" you will need to get in order to unlock T2 attunements
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 08-22-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Thnx once again. So I guess sp is still the king of stats for me since I don't really like shaman and I usually play either healer or druid. If druid's DPs is passable, and from what I gather from various threads it is, then I'm fine with it.

Two more questions and I guess I'm done with forum fishing for answers (I like finding stuff on my own although it doesn't show here :P )

A)is cabalist any good ATM? From what I can tell they have changed him 100% from when I was playing (when decay was still a channeled debuff if I remember correctly)

B)the new soul... Seems like a weird hybrid focused on mitigation and DPS with a dash of healing, is that correct? Apart from raids, is it any good for dungeons? And is his gameplay enjoyable or a chore (p.e. I think refreshing motifs was chore, while trying to outguess the game and solo heal hm's with purifier when he had 0 aoe abilities was "fun")?

Thnx once again. So I guess sp is still the king of stats for me since I don't really like shaman and I usually play either healer or druid. If druid's DPs is passable, and from what I gather from various threads it is, then I'm fine with it.

Two more questions and I guess I'm done with forum fishing for answers (I like finding stuff on my own although it doesn't show here :P )

A)is cabalist any good ATM? From what I can tell they have changed him 100% from when I was playing (when decay was still a channeled debuff if I remember correctly)

B)the new soul... Seems like a weird hybrid focused on mitigation and DPS with a dash of healing, is that correct? Apart from raids, is it any good for dungeons? And is his gameplay enjoyable or a chore (p.e. I think refreshing motifs was chore, while trying to outguess the game and solo heal hm's with purifier when he had 0 aoe abilities was "fun")?
    A) cabalist is the weakest of the games AoE souls, not ever needed except in a few situations maybe. It is pure AoE damage with very very low ST damage. most people use Shaman aoe because it is almost as good as cabalist and it has the ST dps too

B) new soul is more of a hybrid dps/heal/support (support for the tanks). It does about half the dps of regular dps souls but has 4 "links" that reduce the damage a player takes by 30/20/10/5% and transfers it to you at a reduced amount

it's not too bad because you can dps, and heal the tanks in an emergency ( and has a CD that is like sent covenant but better) and it is needed on many encounters to reduce the damage the tanks takes. The downside is that it has almost no AoE healing and sometimes your links will get you killed. some people love it, some hate it.

+ Reply to Thread