+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar macros

Telaran

Default Justicar macros

I need some help, anyone wanna enlighten me on the justicar macros? I think I am doing something wrong but wanted to get a look at someone else's macro to see.

Ascendant

Not really a soul that would benefit greatly from macros. What kind of macros are you looking for. The only one I use is the health increase followed by the shield based on max health as an oh **** button.

Soulwalker

ST macro :
    Code:
    #show Strike of Judgment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike of Retribution
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Reckoning
    cast Vex
    You might add Precept of Refuge in there, though it's a slight threat decrease.

You can also add in Doctrine of Authority, but I feel better using it in conjunctoin with Total Assurance for the added damage and healing, and sometimes even keeping it where the healing is really needed, since threat is seldom an issue on most encounters.

Vex is there for when you're not facing the mobs.

AoE Macro :
    Code:
    #show Even Justice
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Even Justice
    Those are the only macros I use, except maybe for BRez macro with announcement.
    Last edited by s0ren; 08-22-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by s0ren View Post
    ST macro :
    Code:
    #show Strike of Judgment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Reckoning
    cast Vex
    You might add Precept of Refuge in there, though it's a slight threat decrease.

You can also add in Doctrine of Authority, but I feel better using it in conjunctoin with Total Assurance for the added damage and healing, and sometimes even keeping it where the healing is really needed, since threat is seldom an issue on most encounters.

Vex is there for when you're not facing the mobs.

AoE Macro :
    Code:
    #show Even Justice
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Even Justice
    Those are the only macros I use, except maybe for BRez macro with announcement.
    Nonsense.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Nonsense.

/10char
    Care to explain?

Is there a single reason not to have i.e. Strike of Retribution macroed together with Reckoning?
    Last edited by Riversilk; 08-22-2013 at 02:01 AM.

PoR + EJ in a macro is not very good way to play it, and SH is just bad for tanking shouldn't be used at all.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    PoR + EJ in a macro is not very good way to play it, and SH is just bad for tanking shouldn't be used at all.
    I agree on that, in fact i have PoR in my macro with a [alt] modifier so i cast it when needed and don't use SH in tanking (heck, i don't even have it in my build, reaching only 6 Inquisitor), but i find useful to have a single macro for Strike of Retribution, Bolt of Radiance, Reckoning and even a Vex at the end, for when i'm approaching target and have all my other spells on cooldown.
    Caitie could have simply said all this in his reply (since he even had to add some characters to reach the minimum 10 chars) but instead just preferred to label all of s0ren's post with "Nonsense", which is both rude and very smart@$$ like...
    Last edited by Riversilk; 08-22-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Telaran

Reason I was asking was the macro which is basically the same as the one posted without SH, I don't like the long casting of Strike of Judgment from inq line, and was hoping I had added it in when it didn't need to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Berekona View Post
    Reason I was asking was the macro which is basically the same as the one posted without SH, I don't like the long casting of Strike of Judgment from inq line, and was hoping I had added it in when it didn't need to be in.
    you're thinking of bolt of judgment

strike of judgment is the justicar main spam ability

also, the reason why we shouldn't put SH in our macros is that it does not have a hidden threat modifier like most justicar abilities. It also only gives 1 conviction now so you might as well just cast reckoning when you are at range.

This is the go-to macro:

#show Strike of Judgment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Doctrine of Authority
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Reckoning

you can keep doctrine of authority out of the macro to help time the healing better, but honestly thats the healers job, using it on cooldown helps greatly with threat. Precept of refuge is good to put in a macro, you lose a tiny bit of threat but it's worth it so you don't have to worry about keeping it up, because if it drops then you will lose out on a good chunk of mitigation. Don't use any macro for aoe.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 08-22-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Soulwalker

In fact, SH is in the macro but I don't even have it anymore, since I changed spec a while ago for 6 in Inq, and just didn't update the macro, my bad.

I'b de glad to hear why PoR is bad in an AoE macro, though, since the mitigation gain is even more important when AoE tanking, and it's still there for the sole purpose of not having to monitor the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by s0ren View Post
    In fact, SH is in the macro but I don't even have it anymore, since I changed spec a while ago for 6 in Inq, and just didn't update the macro, my bad.

I'b de glad to hear why PoR is bad in an AoE macro, though, since the mitigation gain is even more important when AoE tanking, and it's still there for the sole purpose of not having to monitor the buff.
    When you use PoR that is 1.5 seconds where you are not generating any appreciable threat on the group of enemies. If you are paying attention and making use of other AoE abilities it is fine to macro but it is not something I would suggest to new players. If you fire it off as your first ability in a trash pull you will lose aggro.

+ Reply to Thread