+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Razgrim
  • 1 Post By Primalthirst

Thread: Thoughts on Puri tank healing?

Telaran

Default Thoughts on Puri tank healing?

I've had some mixed numbers so far and have only tested in about 5 expert dungeons, but so far it seems capable. Just wanting to know what others have experienced with the new changes.
    "Xes lliw eb yrotadnam yliad ylthign"

Lol, using a single target niche tree to tank heal like it was meant to do. What game are you playing? Roll Chloro.

i dunno about pve, but in pvp I can keep TWO rogues alive an entire warfront. quite nicely. where as on my chloro i just keep on really REALLY over healed .. but since my mage is rank 60 and my cleric is rank 80 guess who im gonna play more?
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Eh, I tried Puri in a dungeon, and it wasn't too impressive over Sentinel, and it was a lot more mana-intensive.

It was kinda a meh experience for me in a pug on my puri. Had to have it first boss ee, but I'm just not really finding it useful on other bosses. Pugs definitely are having a much harder time without the SoS spam, which is sad cause it means they were trained improperly to hope a puri shield will save them from bad.

I will say its ridiculously more mana intensive than it used to be. I pretty much have to pop our mana restore everytime I lose the HP reduction stack to maintain mana.

Just my initial thoughts. I love the new tank healing channel, and the raid CD is super awesome for those oh crap moments. I just wish we had something for ten people that was on a CD like flourish.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Soulwalker

TBH I'm not liking it, the purif filled a niche between raid healer with shields to help mitigate, and tank healer with enough global cooldowns to help out with spike damage. All they seem to have done is strip out the AE shield but failed to replace it with any shielding improvements to make us comparable tank healers to sentinel or chloro, and to crown it all of the spec has suddenly gotten alot more mana hungry. And the fact I came out of retirement and stopped lurking enough to post this should be indication of my displeasure .
    Last edited by Valthos; 08-21-2013 at 07:43 PM.

IMO, the channel heal is way undertuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    IMO, the channel heal is way undertuned.
    Not even vaguely true, Purifier sustained healing is equal to or higher than a Chloromancer on their Synthesis target.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 08-21-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    Nope.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Not even vaguely true, Purifier sustained healing is equal to or higher than a Chloromancer on their Synthesis target.
    Sooooo... Mistah Thirst... think it could replace a Chloro?

Also; what use is there for sentinel now?

Rift Disciple

I found the aoe heals quite lacking. Keeping the tank up is no problem though and I like the dps contribution. I first tried going 15 warden as secondary but I didn't want to give up the sent buff. Didn't get to mess with the point distribution too much but that's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    Sooooo... Mistah Thirst... think it could replace a Chloro?

Also; what use is there for sentinel now?
    Could definitely replace Chloromancer as the primary tank healer in some encounters. Depends on a lot of factors such as healing comp, raid gear level etc. I wouldn't heal Kaliban with just a Puri + Defiler, I do it with Chloro + Defiler, but for progression tank healing in a 20m I would probably default to Purifier.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 08-21-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Nope.

Rift Master

Thanks Primal... things just got interesting.

Telaran

personally im finding puri to be much better than senti in 5 mans just because of how easy it is to setup symbols for incoming aoe damage(2nd boss of unhallowed boneforge is a breeze with some foresight)

+ Reply to Thread