+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sikph
  • 2 Post By Stokesey

Thread: 1h/oh vs 2h

Soulwalker

Default 1h/oh vs 2h

I was wondering what you guys think is better with pvp and 5mans being my main focus more pvp than anything. I know 1h/oh you get more base stats but does it make up for the dps loss of 2h?

Go for most raw stats. Ignore DPS.

If I was paid for every time I saw this question...

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

And if I could have some plats for every time I saw it answered incorrectly!

For PvP, YES IT DOES MATTER. 1h + book is better even though the stats are identical. It offers better rune selection (you can get 110 endo if you prefer it to 86 SP) and better consumables (powerstone + manastone instead of just powerstone).
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

As you've mentioned, 1h+oh has +1 WIS, -3 INT, -1 END, +7 Vengeance (basically sp) compared to 2h.

Afaik the increased 'weapon dps' of the 2h only applies to melee autoattacks.

Also consider that you'll need 2 upgrade pieces to upgrade the 2h whereas you only need 1 upgrade piece per 1h or oh. Therefore you'll be able to upgrade your weapons/increase-your-stats sooner with a 1h/oh set.

(also, since totems can be transmog'd into any 1h, you can pretend to dual-wield!)
    Last edited by Jonus; 08-20-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Plane Touched

(also, since totems can be transmog'd into any 1h, you can pretend to dual-wield!)
    Really? This I didn't know about so that's super awesome. Are the attack animations there also? I can imagine the confusion in WF's when they see a cleric DW 2 swords.

"Was that a Cleric attacking me with 2 1 hand swords?"

Soulwalker

Okay let's redo this now that I have more time. What I ment to say what is Better for healing/dps more healing than range dps. 1h/oh or 2h. I've noticed I heal for more with a 2h vs the 1h with weaps of equal lvl. Also noticed my dps spells do more with 2h. Now I'm only lvl 45 so I don't have plannar attunement yet so not sure if it changes nor have I looked at it on a site.

Quote Originally Posted by Minich View Post
    Okay let's redo this now that I have more time. What I ment to say what is Better for healing/dps more healing than range dps. 1h/oh or 2h. I've noticed I heal for more with a 2h vs the 1h with weaps of equal lvl. Also noticed my dps spells do more with 2h. Now I'm only lvl 45 so I don't have plannar attunement yet so not sure if it changes nor have I looked at it on a site.
    neither is better for healing vs ranged dps

1h+oh => stats
    2h => stats

whichever has more stats is better.

however, for pvp, you can get different runes on 1h+oh than 2h which may make a teeny tiny difference

+ Reply to Thread