+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some advice for one of your more casual players...

Rift Disciple

Default Some advice for one of your more casual players...

So i'm far from hardcore anymore due to having less time than ever to play, but that doesn't mean I don't still enjoy a romp in a dungeon now and again. I'm not going to go in for anything like a settled raiding slot, been there done that, left it behind. But i'm curious as to the play options for just running random 5-mans on my Cleric.

I've only just returned so, even though i've been looking around at guides I wanted to ask if people thought Clerics were still a decent option for tanking and healing 5-mans for casual runs and I also wanted to know how their dps specs are doing these days (and which is going to be best to run with).

Lastly, while a Druid + XY is looking decent for solo levelling right now, i'm lost as to a good solo spec, having levelled my Cleric the first time around with a Duracell build. Any advice and what would be a decent option to run with now would be appreciated.

Plane Touched

Cleric Tanking is fairly solid for 5mans. The hardest part is gearing up as there aren't many quest items that prop up tank stats. However that is mostly a non-issue so long as you are not running experts.

For Solo play, Druidicar or Defiler variants would be best. Check the guides sub-forum for specific specs.

Personally I've been using builds that have atleast 4 Puri and 11 Inq for the dmg reflect and heal, you can go Druid or Shaman or even Justicar for Melee builds, or Defiler or Cab for ranged. Havent tested to see if all the dmg on hit abilities stack (Puri buff, Inq buff, Cab 41pnt). Forgot the names.

Rift Disciple

Clerics are great for tanking 5 man content since we bring a battle rez + decent amount of group heals, both of which help more in a 5 man setting then a high dps warr tank.
    Also makes it easier on the healer since people usually think support = dps spec and therefore the support in your lfg is problably just gonna be running a pure dps spec.

Healing wise in 5 mans, High sentinel build is your go to spec, you have all the cdīs in the world ! (well almost) , aoe cleanse , st cleanse , tank mit cd, big as instant heals and all that goody goodness, for aoe healing (since thats the sentīs weakest point) just remember that you do more healing to people under 50% health via Faith rewarded / HB talented heals 3x people and in most experts aoe healing is pretty minimal or its pure aoe and you can just wackamole people with st heals when aoe heals are on cd since tank wont be taking dmg.

Most viable dps spec currently are INQ and SHAM , both spec scale heavily with Crit Power gear, shaman moreso, so depending on gear level druid might be close to inq for you, but is a melle spec and alot of expert fights are not melee friendly. So your best bet is to go with a 61 INQ / 10 CAB / 5 DEFILER , depending on gear level put 5/5 Stroke of Genius and 5/5 Entropy in cab and then 5/5 into Open Minded in Defiler. (If your gear level is low take Secrets of the deep in cab and Horrible visage in defiler)

You might want to look into the guide forums on the cleric forums for info on how to play that dps spec to its full potential (its not that hard really if you just practise it a little bit )

If you got some gear 61 SHAMAN/DRUID/INQ is our highest parsing dps spec but is also one of the hardest specs to play in the game to maximize(all classes included), so might not be your cup of tee (also melee so not viable over inq on some fights).

For Soloing purposes your best bet is atleast 44 into druid to pick up spirit of upheaval, splash 12 into Justicar to pick up RM , put rm on your greater satyr pet = unkillable pet for the most part. Last soul you can go defiler for the rage blight buff or if you dont have defiler use inq. Baseline is just 44druid/12justicar/"insert anything you wannt pretty much" , you can go 61 druid / 12 justi / 3 inq for a level 60 spec for soloing purposes (you can solo group quests dailies with it in the dendrome, and with high enough gear level you can pull 5+ elite mobs at a time)
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

Rift Disciple

Thats great advice guys, thanks a lot. As I said i'm not after rushing through, just having fun so don't mind if it's a case of just running the odd random and being able to solo the occasional elite quest. Will have a whirl on this tonight and see what it goes like. Might try out an Inquis dps spec for a change from melee as well.

+ Reply to Thread