+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Trasgress
  • 1 Post By Vetheax
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: What's worth more? 10% wisdom or 5% damage?

Default What's worth more? 10% wisdom or 5% damage?

Anyone can help?

Telaran

I'n not sure of the exact number at the moment but at a certain wisdom threshold, (around 2k? I could be way off) 10 wisdom> 5 percent damage

There was a discussion about this in another thread, I think it was in Ahov's 61 inquisitor guide.
    Last edited by Vetheax; 08-19-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

Depends on your gear level when you break the threshold, very easy way to find out !

Make a spec with 10% wisdom check the tooltop of your main dmg abilities, write the tooltip value down.

Then make a spec with 5% dmg and do the same, compare numbers and MAGIC ! you know which one you should be taking in your current gear !

and the 2p you spend respeccing is not much, thats half a daily ! (i have heard that excuse before when i replied with this answer)
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Trasgress View Post
    Depends on your gear level when you break the threshold, very easy way to find out !

Make a spec with 10% wisdom check the tooltop of your main dmg abilities, write the tooltip value down.

Then make a spec with 5% dmg and do the same, compare numbers and MAGIC ! you know which one you should be taking in your current gear !

and the 2p you spend respeccing is not much, thats half a daily ! (i have heard that excuse before when i replied with this answer)
    I feel stupid now for never thinking of doing that. I always just assumed wisdom > damage

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Luix View Post
    I feel stupid now for never thinking of doing that. I always just assumed wisdom > damage
    It does depend on your gear but thats a safe assumption to make, really.

Remember that if the resulting numbers are very close, Wisdom still wins because it provides a small amount of spell crit.

On PTS I respecced 61 Inquisitor/10 cab/5 defiler from the 10% wisdom to the 5% damage in each subsoul, got some odd results.

5% damage
    scourge 23954
    vex 14640
    nysyr's 44772

10% wisdom
    scourge 24034
    vex 14688
    nysyr's 44499

Nysyr's is worse..

I'm going to need to do a few parses, see which abilities contribute the most dps, and then respec and compare those abilities to make my decision. I have 2635 Wisdom sitting unbuffed in tempest bay in the 61/10/5 with 10% wisdom talents.
    Last edited by Hodor; 08-19-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodor View Post
    On PTS I respecced 61 Inquisitor/10 cab/5 defiler from the 10% wisdom to the 5% damage in each subsoul, got some odd results.

5% damage
    scourge 23954
    vex 14640
    nysyr's 44772

10% wisdom
    scourge 24034
    vex 14688
    nysyr's 44499

Nysyr's is worse..

I'm going to need to do a few parses, see which abilities contribute the most dps, and then respec and compare those abilities to make my decision. I have 2635 Wisdom sitting unbuffed in tempest bay in the 61/10/5 with 10% wisdom talents.
    Abilities scale differently as Wisdom influences their damage via Spellpower, and they each have different spellpower coefficients which are further modified by soul tree talents.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-19-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hodor View Post

5% damage
    scourge 23954
    vex 14640
    nysyr's 44772

10% wisdom
    scourge 24034
    vex 14688
    nysyr's 44499

Nysyr's is worse..

Wisdom gives more Spell Power and the skill Mental Resilience boosts the Spell Power for Scourge, Vex and Sanction by 15%.

SP pretty much trumps +Wis and +Dam.
    Last edited by JohnnyH; 08-19-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Marz - 60 Warrior, Frozendeadguy - 60 Cleric
    Laethys

In other words if you don't have Defiler, you just put 5 points into Sentinel instead for 10% spellpower instead of Defiler's 5%

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chodai View Post
    In other words if you don't have Defiler, you just put 5 points into Sentinel instead for 10% spellpower instead of Defiler's 5%
    Could use some clarity to help answer this question. What spec are we talking about, healing or dps? If you're healing the 5 points in sent are a given in just about every healing build, with very few exceptions. If you're dpsing and don't have defiler to put 5 points into wis then the answer is still yes. 5 points in sent for sp is probably one of the better ways to use five points.
    Last edited by Vetheax; 08-22-2013 at 02:03 AM.

don't forget the bonus's you get for putting x number of points into a sub-soul's tree

Quote Originally Posted by Vetheax View Post
    Could use some clarity to help answer this question. What spec are we talking about, healing or dps? If you're healing the 5 points in sent are a given in just about every healing build, with very few exceptions. If you're dpsing and don't have defiler to put 5 points into wis then the answer is still yes. 5 points in sent for sp is probably one of the better ways to use five points.
    Putting points in defiler is for rage blight not the wisdom. Spellpower beats out wisdom every time

+ Reply to Thread