Soulwalker

Default Am I Ready to raid Tank.

47930 Health
    400 Toughness
    410 Hit
    30% block
    1800-2000 all resists
    61k Armor

Wondering if im ready to step foot in a raid. Guild warrior is telling me no. Not until I reach 50k health. My health pool is self buffed too. So I would still gain Raid buffs.
    Last edited by Taaser; 08-18-2013 at 07:46 PM.

As long as your positioning, cooldown use, and ability to get aggro is solid. You are fine for the first half of EE or FT. Well, that and you need your healers to be on the ball. With a defiler or a necro link, yer hp pool is plenty.

In the later half of the 20mans, you will want a higher hp pool.

Edit: Fer TDQ yer also fine.
    Last edited by Cinnibar; 08-18-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    Sunberry, cleric lead, Nicely Played, Faeblight; 2/4 GA; 1/4 HM; 1/3 IG; 1/5 PB

An easy way to spike up your health pool is by maxing out the factions of Torvan & Lycini for the essences.

Also don't forget to rune all your gear!

You are very, very ready. When I first hit 60 having 50k with full raid buffs was unheard of, you will be over 50k once buffed.
    Nope.

Your fine, world first kills on the first 3 bosses in FT we're done with less HP's than you have, and without a defiler.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Your fine, world first kills on the first 3 bosses in FT we're done with less HP's than you have, and without a defiler.
    I love this being pointed out, I wish those who prattle on about BiS being needed in very slot and God knows what insanely-expensive rune or whatever would remember this simple fact: those with SKILL cleared the content with far less stats than those who now shout that BiS is NEEDED to raid.

Rift Disciple

TDQ = Ready

FT and EE = Ready aslong as you have decent healers (hms not ready !)

But yeah you dont need all those expensive runes and stuff to tank, but it helps ESPECIALLY since 90% of the healers i see dont seem to pull the HPS numbers the can.

So to reduce stress on healers its good if you can afford it to get the +55 endurance runes (5 in total feet/chest/gloves/mh/oh) but not needed, especially if the rest of your raid isnt splurging on those bad boys.

Easiest way to gan ALOT of hp is to make sure you have a decent tanking trinket (Farming the karthan ridge one is really easy and takes 4--6 hours depending on your w/l ratio)

After that its to get TORVAN and LYCINI rep, Lycini rep you can farm from glorified to venerated in 2 hours with a 80% vial on in Pelladine and Cape jule (farm those lvl 51 rifts !)

Torvan is After that which is just doing a ****ton of great hunt rifts (this one takes a day or two)

With the rep you get the 6x BiS lessers (you dont need the relic greaters AT ALL DONT SPEND ALL YOUR PLAT ON THAT **** AS A TANK !!!!)

Also you get the cape with Venerated Rep, Glorified torvan rep cape is almost equal to the cape dropped off Regulos, and the cape you get with Venerated Rep is Better then ANY raid dropped cape.

The Rep grind stuff you can do on your own for the most part and if you are a patron you can just do an hour or two a day + daily quest turn in for torvan rep with your patron vial on (it goes really fast if you do that)
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    World first kills are with the best players playing at 110%. Not your average pug or casual guild.

I'm at ~56-57k raid buffed and I still die a lot..

Rift Disciple

Yea not much room for you or your healers to screw up with that hp pool. You can do it but I would be nervous taking you in as a tank too.

People reminiscing about the good old days when tanks could get away with 47k aren't realizing that that was at least a handful or two patches ago. Lots of things have been tweaked and certain exploits and bugs aren't there anymore. Not to mention that your guild probably isn't going to take the fights and mechanics nearly as seriously as a world first guild.

People are also forgetting that those world first guilds attempted the fights dozens of times before they finally, with much skill and a stroke of luck, got the bosses down. Does your guild have that kind of patience? Or would it be better for you to upgrade your gear and runes for another 500-700 endurance and leave a little room for error.

Errors are guaranteed, luck is not

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chatlagh View Post
    People reminiscing about the good old days when tanks could get away with 47k aren't realizing that that was at least a handful or two patches ago. Lots of things have been tweaked and certain exploits and bugs aren't there anymore. Not to mention that your guild probably isn't going to take the fights and mechanics nearly as seriously as a world first guild.

People are also forgetting that those world first guilds attempted the fights dozens of times before they finally, with much skill and a stroke of luck, got the bosses down. Does your guild have that kind of patience? Or would it be better for you to upgrade your gear and runes for another 500-700 endurance and leave a little room for error.

Errors are guaranteed, luck is not
    Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    World first kills are with the best players playing at 110%. Not your average pug or casual guild.
    You're actually incorrect, most of these bosses were killed very, very quickly with much worse DPS, HPS, and tanks with 45k HP at best. The fights have been nerfed either directly or indirectly via gear. Do you have runes? You have a gear advantage. Do you have torvan/lycini essences? You have a gear advantage.

We didn't have it easy back then, you have it easier now. Don't make excuses such as "we aren't playing at 110%", I see no reason why anyone shouldn't be playing at 110%, the mechanics aren't hard, stay out of red.

After typing all of this I realized it was in the cleric forums, I thought I hit warrior. Go me....I think this is my first post ever in the cleric forums?
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 08-19-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    You're actually incorrect, most of these bosses were killed very, very quickly with much worse DPS, HPS, and tanks with 45k HP at best. The fights have been nerfed either directly or indirectly via gear. Do you have runes? You have a gear advantage. Do you have torvan/lycini essences? You have a gear advantage.
    Sorry, but I'm not incorrect. First of all the dps can't be much much worse since the enrage timers are already pretty close to goin off for the average guild.

By exploits I meant thing things like the branch sticking out of the wall on the falconer fight. That actually did make that fight easier particularly on healers. There have been a few others like that that are no longer there thus making the fights more difficult.

We didn't have it easy back then, you have it easier now. Don't make excuses such as "we aren't playing at 110%", I see no reason why anyone shouldn't be playing at 110%, the mechanics aren't hard, stay out of red.
    The average pug/casual guild won't be playing at 110%. They only raid once or twice a week, they don't have time to take it seriously and get mechanics down to a science. They need room for error. I don't see any reason why you can't grasp that. It's slightly more complicated than "stay out of the red" or have you never pugged before?

If the mechanics are so simple and the fights are so easy you can do them with sub standard dps and 45k hp tanks, why did it take so many hours and dozens of attempts to down these bosses for the world firsts? The real question is do you think a casual guild or pug has that kind of patience or stamina?

After typing all of this I realized it was in the cleric forums, I thought I hit warrior. Go me....I think this is my first post ever in the cleric forums?
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    If the mechanics are so simple and the fights are so easy you can do them with sub standard dps and 45k hp tanks, why did it take so many hours and dozens of attempts to down these bosses for the world firsts?
    Because of encounter-breaking bugs that are no longer in the game. IIRC Gelidra was killed in two pulls, Zaviel very shortly after. Standing out of red is hard.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Because of encounter-breaking bugs that are no longer in the game. IIRC Gelidra was killed in two pulls, Zaviel very shortly after. Standing out of red is hard.
    Not for a relatively close knit group of people who strategized for 8 hours beforehand on how best to avoid red. But for a pug, yes, it seems to be one of the more difficult tasks.

Be moar elitist. It's an attractive quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatlagh View Post
    Be moar elitist. It's an attractive quality.
    I used to be, and then I lightened up on it a bit.

By my standards I'd say ready.

However your raid lead makes the decisions for the raids in your guild and ya gotta respect that. Most raid leads make those kinds of decisions not just based on what he knows about you, but about the rest of the team too and what they are comfortable with.

I do however hope he is implying 20 man raids. For TDQ I'd consider you overgeared lol. If you really want to ramp up your stats get into TDQ as cleric tank. Thats all that ever drops for our guild in 10 mans
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast