+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Riane

Thread: Karuul Alert for Dark Water

Default Karuul Alert for Dark Water

I love playing Inquisitor and am following Ahov's guide as far as spec and priority rotation. I have everything set up in Karuul Alert (working perfectly) except for Dark Water. I want it to start a 15 sec countdown once I hit 3 stacks on my enemy target. The usual 5 sec warning is fine. Right now all I have is the spell image on my screen but it never goes away and it doesn't seem to count anything - stacks or otherwise. I tried setting it to 1 stack (didn't work) and 3 stacks (also didn't work). All my settings are now just like Scourge and Vex which are both working perfectly so I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Help? Pls & ty.
    Rule #2: Double Tap

Here is a video on setting up Karuul for four stacks of Soothing Stream. I believe it is similar to what you are asking... allowing you to keep track of how many stacks of Dark Water you have. Basically, three alerts with one stacked on top of the other. I can't remember if I used different colors or numbers for stacks 1-3 of SS, but the premise is the same... to make it visibly easy to know when you're at three stacks of DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Here is a video on setting up Karuul for four stacks of Soothing Stream. I believe it is similar to what you are asking... allowing you to keep track of how many stacks of Dark Water you have. Basically, three alerts with one stacked on top of the other. I can't remember if I used different colors or numbers for stacks 1-3 of SS, but the premise is the same... to make it visibly easy to know when you're at three stacks of DW.
    Why wouldn't you just use one alert that displays the stacks and the timer?

@Hotter: TY! I'll try this!

@Muspel: I'm not sure that can be done. That's what I've been trying and it hasn't worked. I think the only way may be to create separate ones, put them in the same location and give them different priority so they show one at a time. That's what I did for keeping track of Unified Theory stacks. If you know how to do it though, please post how.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Why wouldn't you just use one alert that displays the stacks and the timer?
    It's an old video from March of 2012. If SS can be tracked with one alert now, that's great. At the time, there was no single alert to show how many stacks of SS.

It's because the DoT is not called Dark Water. The initial damage is Dark Water but the DoT is Darkness. You need to set a KaruulAlert for that.

Here's an example alert for self-cast Darkness missing on a target that has the stack size on the outside bottom of the icon, and the timer on the inside.

Code:
    KA:Darkness:aa8yreNotjmELgkAMhv+RnZl5sk+ZHvShBLm+CbLyikOxuA1Cov/ekng2xl5e9g5
    isPAccXYhYgx3x/BTjHSJYZgcEexMoXOt1yrLVJKkeQlKTEZQQuNvLF7GVXs+tHjxo+e589fHRG0
    vJ7oXsgvUYdT3BLHaaNA6BRlSsfAmxutAHyhqa+vjvjrZqhF9SVGQqOWbvyybhe0Sbb6LBjhu

Quote Originally Posted by Torilund View Post
    @Muspel: I'm not sure that can be done. That's what I've been trying and it hasn't worked. I think the only way may be to create separate ones, put them in the same location and give them different priority so they show one at a time. That's what I did for keeping track of Unified Theory stacks. If you know how to do it though, please post how.
    Click on the arrow next to the "Text" box in the upper-right corner, and select "stacks" from the drop-down menu.

When making a karuul alert display both stacks and a timer, I generally have one centered on the icon and one on the "outside" (to the top or right etc). You could also make them smaller and put them both on the icon.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-17-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks so much for all your help guys!

I managed to get exactly what I was looking for, which should be an updated Karuul Alert for Inquisitor - 2.3, patch 15.

What this does:
    - Tells me if Scourge, Vex, and Sanction Heretic are ready to cast (not yet on the target). If they are on the target, I get a 5 sec countdown that they need to be refreshed.
    - Tracks stacks of Dark Water (the debuff is called "Darkness") and gives me a 15 sec timer.
    - Tells me if Spiritual Deficiency is up and ready to be cast again.
    - Tells me if Radical Coalescence is ready to use.

Having all these alerts set in the center of my screen keeps me focused. I just saw my dps go up from about 10k to almost 12k - this lets me keep my timing tight. Posting the whole set here in case others might benefit. Cheers, and thanks again!

KA::AKD9ueNqlk9Fu2yAUhl8lT5BhjI0trhww2qRuldJsV5Esi kmC6uHIplujbe++YxxvqdpG1iY
    MkuHo8P3nPwjVPTjT9yxiG3Zs1Ml0S6+6vfFhR8IUU0ghhUgKg Yu0xISLkjMEQRIGgrG2Ow+xXr3
    bfv6wVfe2sf5UWd26fltDiuq78qbrK7Ws657RHLE0QYxkwxfB+ NF7pR/6X2x1u9ncfuTlp025hv1
    wCWIxCjDnbfjbsDTcLH/eiAv6P9g3dmcWytULYZQ/LHjrdNvVrCBJlsiySDAlPEF5NFtEAwkrSFj
    VQ8JKjwmr+6AnS9/U81fJcBdaJmTEl8+VBoGTpC/m6VVHZJA2nIIZmURkFdOcCwrrbB3fzFNATl9
    Y8Ax1GIHzZdExEN7p9hGg3qSUbIooJI8pxYjnpIxiLlazSb+qv bO7U3VU1lUoGqnJ/1DzVjWmN05
    fgsPJ2DJrVVutmsUYpUMY1JmmJKZFnmKOygIP/sxgPxjVWLevdo3qzLnp8/Rf2YeeuFNOe9u6xXv
    TGW/1lQaZQoF+hQlMGeFEyjSbX/v+nKI6jLdN7/Za+UN3J7AgfM0EYXZWW6ju6ZqEo+2sfwQ3LsK
    LREYFxQXnFJGMpvH8VjJOafCja1VHxiebR/PckK+58Rv6bJLN

Well, nice that's it's working now but every time I log out, my Kalert set is erased. That's... inconvenient. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Well, nice that's it's working now but every time I log out, my Kalert set is erased. That's... inconvenient. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    do you actually log out or alt-f4? Addon's settings save when you relog or /reloadui but not if you just end the task

try /reloadui and see if the settings stick, if they don't then there might be a problem with your addon folders

If at any point Rift crashed after you made changes to any of your add-ons, you will lose those saved variables and they will revert to whatever they were at when you last loaded Rift.

If you tend to frequently crash in Rift (I know I do... ), then I recommend you exit out of the client (Esc > Exit Game) to save any changes to add-ons you've made. This will ensure that you won't lose any Kalerts as those can be tedious to setup (again.. and again.. and again.)

Alternatively, I also like to keep a notepad file of Kalert set exports just after I make 'em should I crash after setting them up again. >.< I shouldn't have to do that but hey, whatever.

Great advice, guys, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread