+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleric melee dps

Soulwalker

Default Cleric melee dps

So I like playing the cleric melee dps class (shaman/justicar) but I noticed compared to other dps classes ( mage warrior and rogue) that the melee dps aspect for cleric is terrible. will trion fix them ? like I don't understand why as a cleric melee dps class I need Intellect, spell power, spell crit and etc. like why do I need that as a melee dps cleric (shaman/justicar) ???? most of my abilityies are MELEE attacks NOT spell attacks. as a melee dps cleric we need STR, physical crit, endurance, dexterity and etc. I truly hope TRION does a redo/makeover to melee dps clerics cause its really sad for them as of right now and I love melee dps cleric.

What do yall think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adgara View Post
    So I like playing the cleric melee dps class (shaman/justicar) but I noticed compared to other dps classes ( mage warrior and rogue) that the melee dps aspect for cleric is terrible. will trion fix them ? like I don't understand why as a cleric melee dps class I need Intellect, spell power, spell crit and etc. like why do I need that as a melee dps cleric (shaman/justicar) ???? most of my abilityies are MELEE attacks NOT spell attacks. as a melee dps cleric we need STR, physical crit, endurance, dexterity and etc. I truly hope TRION does a redo/makeover to melee dps clerics cause its really sad for them as of right now and I love melee dps cleric.

What do yall think ?
    Not sure if trolling....

Do you really want to keep 2 sets of gear for a cleric? One for spell power, spell crit, etc for healing and another set for melee (dex, str, end, phys crit)?

No, it's fine the way it is. Cleric melee DPS is amazing if you know you know how to play it and practice.

I think you are highly confused.

Shaman is a more than adequate melee dps soul. Of course, justi is a tank soul, and just like most tank souls, the more points you put into it, the less overall damage you would do.

As a cleric, your main stat is wis (not int) just like mages melee soul values int, just like how rogues melee value dex and just like how warriors dps value str. Each class has a main stat that contributes to their overall dps.

It being a melee character is irrelevant as their (clerics) melee attacks take wisdom (well, spell power) as the basis of their strength. So as a melee character you "need" spell power, wis, crit power, int and spell crit, as those are the stats that are relevant to your damage. All armour comes with endurance (for the most part).

I'm not really sure what you want them to fix.

What do yall think ?
    Being a "melee" attack has absolutely nothing to do with str/dex. All of our magical melee attacks, physical melee attacks, and spells scale with spellpower, wis, and int.

also cleric melee dps is equal with warriors/rogues/mages. As I see you are mixing justicar (tank) soul with shaman (dps) soul that is why your dps is low.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I think you are highly confused.

Shaman is a more than adequate melee dps soul. Of course, justi is a tank soul, and just like most tank souls, the more points you put into it, the less overall damage you would do.

As a cleric, your main stat is wis (not int) just like mages melee soul values int, just like how rogues melee value dex and just like how warriors dps value str. Each class has a main stat that contributes to their overall dps.

It being a melee character is irrelevant as their (clerics) melee attacks take wisdom (well, spell power) as the basis of their strength. So as a melee character you "need" spell power, wis, crit power, int and spell crit, as those are the stats that are relevant to your damage. All armour comes with endurance (for the most part).

I'm not really sure what you want them to fix.

how does spell power, wis, , int and spell crit help a melee dps class cleric though ???? most of my attacks are melee base( physical damage) not spell damage. I get what your saying but im a melee dps class not spell castor class. as a melee dps class it would make sense to use STR (just like warriors) to increase the dmg of our melee abilities seeing how most of mine like I said is melee not spell base. I only use 2 spell abilities while one of them is a CD. my melee abilities do physical dmg so how does spell and int or wis increase physical dmg? its terrible.

look all im saying and trying to hopefully get you to understand is that the majority of my attacks are melee base( physical dmg) not spell. spell CANNOT incrase dmg of physical dmg what so ever is why I think Trion needs to redo the melee dps aspect for clerics

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Being a "melee" attack has absolutely nothing to do with str/dex. All of our magical melee attacks, physical melee attacks, and spells scale with spellpower, wis, and int.

also cleric melee dps is equal with warriors/rogues/mages. As I see you are mixing justicar (tank) soul with shaman (dps) soul that is why your dps is low.
    so what would u recommend for melee dps class than? shaman and what eles that will benefit me to do even better MELEE dps overall ?

While druid and shaman deal a (small) portion of actual physical damage; you should just seek comfort in considering them elemental melees. There's a difference between elemental melee attacks from Clerics and phyiscal Melee attacks from Warriors and Rogues.

You could actually make the same point for them - why do Warriors need strength, but rogues Dexterity; wouldn't one only increase the agility and evasion of a character; and the other damage?

You're just going into a discussion about an idea or concept or revelation you didn't think through - we're not sure what it is you want; you want Trion to rewrite the game so that each stat works different and is valued for each character in their different souls;- and us all to have to grind multiple sets of gear just to accomodate wanting to play a different soul once in a while?

Enlighten us because it's like an anti-complaint, it's like saying hey... this ease of access is terrible, I actually want a complicated game where it'll take me 5 years to have some viability when switching between my different souls
    Last edited by ClericLouise; 08-16-2013 at 06:52 AM.
    Tushy@Volan R80
    Founder of <Moral Decay> looking to become competitive in Warfront Premades
    Message Tushy@Volan for information

how does spell power, wis, , int and spell crit help a melee dps class cleric though ???? most of my attacks are melee base( physical damage) not spell damage. I get what your saying but im a melee dps class not spell castor class. as a melee dps class it would make sense to use STR (just like warriors) to increase the dmg of our melee abilities seeing how most of mine like I said is melee not spell base. I only use 2 spell abilities while one of them is a CD. my melee abilities do physical dmg so how does spell and int or wis increase physical dmg? its terrible.

look all im saying and trying to hopefully get you to understand is that the majority of my attacks are melee base( physical dmg) not spell. spell CANNOT incrase dmg of physical dmg what so ever is why I think Trion needs to redo the melee dps aspect for clerics
    I'll tell you what. You go get a full suit of gear that has str, dex, crit on it (you'll have to use leather since chain doesn't come with these stats). See how you do.

You've been given the reasons based on existing class functionality. Do with it what you will.

spell CANNOT incrase dmg of physical dmg what so ever is why I think Trion needs to redo the melee dps aspect for clerics
    I don't think you're trolling, i think you just are misunderstanding how the system works

Spell stats are the ONLY thing that increases cleric damage. physical, melee, elemental, spell, magical, whatever it is ALL affected by spell stats ONLY.

Wisdom for clerics is the equivalent of Strength for Warriors.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 08-16-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    I don't think you're trolling, i think you just are misunderstanding how the system works

Spell stats are the ONLY thing that increases cleric damage. physical, melee, elemental, spell, magical, whatever it is ALL affected by spell stats ONLY.

Wisdom for clerics is the equivalent of Strength for Warriors.
    ok so can you tell me right now what would be a better melee dps cleric spec right now then ? cause I know shaman is good but the other guy in the comments say justicar is a tank spec type class. so what other class do I need to be to do good melee Dps? shaman and what should the other be ?

Rift Disciple

And here i thought the guy with the Harb macro would win the "Priceless Thread Award" of 2013.

Oh, how wrong i was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    But the bads are the majority and this needs to work in our favor because there's a lot of us.

4/4 3/3 5/5

HIghest parse in the world is still held by a Cleric with Shaman.

/thread
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    HIghest parse in the world is still held by a Cleric with Shaman.

/thread
    I keep hearing this, but I haven't seen the evidence. Could you provide a link?

By the way, not saying it's not possible. I'd just like to see the parse data.

And to the OP. People are trying to explain to you the ways of the game here. What you may find unusual, others find convenient. All Cleric souls share the same stat requirements so you don't have to have many sets of gear for each type of play you want to do. There are exceptions, since we have gear which focuses SP, Crit, and Crit Power. These can fine tune your favourite souls, but are in no way required. Chain is ALWAYS your best option.
    Last edited by Sikph; 08-16-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Sikph View Post
    I keep hearing this, but I haven't seen the evidence. Could you provide a link?

By the way, not saying it's not possible. I'd just like to see the parse data.
    Knowing the guy who pulled it off, don't expect to see a breakdown anywhere on the forums anytime soon. It should be noted however that his gear and lucky crit RNG were likely at the max for that parse. Run-of-the-mill Shamans probably won't hit that number reliably for a while yet.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast