+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stay

Thread: Easy QoL change - justicar meins shared cooldown

Default Easy QoL change - justicar meins shared cooldown

The shared cooldown on Mein of Honor and Mein of Leadership is a leftover from the days of justicar-based healing specs, when +50% MoH was a powerful healing boost. But these days, justicar healing specs are dead and MoH is +10%. It is no longer a powerful healing boost - it is only an aggro management tool. There is no reason for an aggro management tool to cause such a substantial shared cooldown.

With no shared CD - or a very brief one - cleric tanks would be much more willing to switch meins to help control aggro. Like during tank swaps, for example. Currently, turning on MoH is a big risk because if you unexpectedly need to take aggro back, you might not be able to get MoL back on before it is too late. It is safer to simply leave MoL on even when you don't want aggro, so that's what most people do.

But with MoL on, you have to be careful not to do too much DPS or healing. Otherwise you might pull aggro and wreck the swap rotation - or even cleave the raid. Limiting your ability use - doing less than you could - is not very fun. It would be much more fun if you could switch on MoH, go all out, but know that MoL is ready whenever you need to take aggro again. Reduce or eliminate the shared CD and that will happen.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Plane Touched

I approve of this message.

I do too. Are the rogue phase changes that long too?
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Would be even better if they could be off-GCD!

IDK the timers on rogue phases, or whether they affect anything except aggro. Any rogue tank?
    Last edited by Stay; 08-16-2013 at 07:56 AM.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Would be even better if they could be off-GCD!

IDK the timers on rogue phases, or whether they affect anything except aggro. Any rogue tank?
    rogue phase change has zero cooldown. guard phase increases armor/resist/end, enables deflect, increases threat, reduces damage and healing. stalker phase increases damage, healing, reduces threat, and increases damage and crit chance by 15% (depending on talents) after teleporting

+ Reply to Thread