+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabalist Request for Darkness

Ascendant

Default Cabalist Request for Darkness

I am assuming Kervik is finished for the time being with DPS changes for Clerics but darkness stacking being added in to become a low point investment for other souls is a huge oversight in my opinion and should be adjusted to give it some synergy within the Cabalist soul itself.

Allow Tyranny of Death to proc Dark Water on the target if they are suffering from Darkness.This could be added in easily somewhere in deep Cabalist.

One simple change to actually tie the mechanic into the soul. Other issues like the Oblivion abilities and Shadow Breach are still out there but i feel like this is one of the most glaring problems right now. Granted it is an AoE soul but Kervik added in a brand new mechanic and completely forgot to address it anywhere in Cabalist it seems. The buff it provides to Shadow's Touch is a minimal gain since ST sees very little use in the rotation. This would improve that aspect as well as Dark Water would be out of a normal rotation once it is initially applied

Ascendant

I am seeing a 54 Sab Parsing at 20k in ST now. I am not seeing any kind of significant AoE nerf to that soul while it is well ahead of Cabalist in ST output. What gives here?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Granted it is an AoE soul but Kervik added in a brand new mechanic and completely forgot to address it anywhere in Cabalist it seems. The buff it provides to Shadow's Touch is a minimal gain since ST sees very little use in the rotation.
    You forgot that the buff to Eccentric was added with the change to Dark Water, so it was addressed.
    I'm trying to figure out where you're going with that change. Our AoE damage is already superb, this would add a bit more to that by throwing Dark Water into the rotation. Are you wanting ToD to refresh Darkness? Add stacks?

I like Cab and get that other people enjoy playing it but I'm not getting why it needs to be buffed to 20k ST. I'm completely satisfied using one of the 3 souls that do significantly more DPS already. The 1.5s GCD compared to Shaman and Inq make it really slow aside from the 15 seconds that Sign of Asias is up and it blows through mana when it's off. Now if Obliterate also changed Well of Souls to only deal a stronger ST, gave a 1sec GCD to Cab abilities, and lowered the mana cost of abilities...that starts sounding quite nice.
    The only real gain that I can see by small buffs like suggested is that you can get away with never changing specs while farming Great Hunt Rifts.
    Last edited by That Cleric Megara; 08-14-2013 at 10:53 AM.

I am seeing a 54 Sab Parsing at 20k in ST now. I am not seeing any kind of significant AoE nerf to that soul while it is well ahead of Cabalist in ST output. What gives here?
    Screenshots or it didn't happen. I'm highly doubting a sab pulling off 20K at level 54....single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    Screenshots or it didn't happen. I'm highly doubting a sab pulling off 20K at level 54....single target.
    I think he means 54 points in sab...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I think he means 54 points in sab...
    Well that makes more sense. Original post was a bit unclear with "a 54 Sab".

Thanks for the clarification. Carry on.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by That Cleric Megara View Post
    You forgot that the buff to Eccentric was added with the change to Dark Water, so it was addressed.
    If you read my entire post you would realize that i mentioned the buff to Shadow's Touch. The fact is Shadows Touch is used rarely enough in the single target rotation due to all the dots/delayed we have to refresh and Disintegrate being on a 15 second cooldown. This change would give immediate value to Darkness in deep Cabalist where it currently has very very little. This is the only stacking dot in the game with absolutely no connection with the core of the soul (Ex/ Fiery Spikes, Combust)

I'm trying to figure out where you're going with that change. Our AoE damage is already superb, this would add a bit more to that by throwing Dark Water into the rotation. Are you wanting ToD to refresh Darkness? Add stacks?
    This is not meant to boost our AoE damage unless you are talking about a low number of targets. Dark water's Darkness portion would have to be applied to each individual target first for Tyranny to proc Dark Water again. This allows you to maintain your DPS on an individual target without the need for spamming Dark Water once it is initially applied.

I like Cab and get that other people enjoy playing it but I'm not getting why it needs to be buffed to 20k ST. I'm completely satisfied using one of the 3 souls that do significantly more DPS already. The 1.5s GCD compared to Shaman and Inq make it really slow aside from the 15 seconds that Sign of Asias is up and it blows through mana when it's off.
    Why does Sab, Champion or SC need to do 20k then. This is the same argument that everyone has tried to throw out. Where is the balance when we are 40% behind our other DPS souls and 20% behind other AoE souls. I understand there are a few people that like it as a pure AoE soul but it has become the most ineffective DPS soul on a single target and now by a very large margin.

Now if Obliterate also changed Well of Souls to only deal a stronger ST, gave a 1sec GCD to Cab abilities, and lowered the mana cost of abilities...that starts sounding quite nice.
    The only real gain that I can see by small buffs like suggested is that you can get away with never changing specs while farming Great Hunt Rifts.
    I have suggested more changes for cabalist than anyone since this all started including darkness stacking but it was the only thing that came about and nothing in the soul ties into it. It is unfinished and needs to be addressed in some way. I have suggested changes to the Oblivion ablities, Well of Souls, and Shadow Breach but im not sure Kervik is considering these at all. I am trying to suggest a change for a mechanic that was introduced and then ignored since it was good for other souls. This would only be a QoL change that will be a slight DPS increase but it needs something more than it currently has.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post

I apologize for the misunderstanding. As Grinnz pointed out, i meant 54 points in Sab

After the patch Cab is no better off in PVP then before. Disintegration is of no value. 2k on average.

I don't know what they did to B/F. Its working for PVE but in PVP its damage has been halved, with obliterate on. 400 to 600.

Call my cynical, but these changes seem to amount to a complete waste of time. Sab's are way ahead now. Are ST Damage is on the bottom by a large margin.

If you read my entire post you would realize that i mentioned the buff to Shadow's Touch. The fact is Shadows Touch is used rarely enough in the single target rotation due to all the dots/delayed we have to refresh and Disintegrate being on a 15 second cooldown. This change would give immediate value to Darkness in deep Cabalist where it currently has very very little. This is the only stacking dot in the game with absolutely no connection with the core of the soul (Ex/ Fiery Spikes, Combust)

This is not meant to boost our AoE damage unless you are talking about a low number of targets. Dark water's Darkness portion would have to be applied to each individual target first for Tyranny to proc Dark Water again. This allows you to maintain your DPS on an individual target without the need for spamming Dark Water once it is initially applied.

Why does Sab, Champion or SC need to do 20k then. This is the same argument that everyone has tried to throw out. Where is the balance when we are 40% behind our other DPS souls and 20% behind other AoE souls. I understand there are a few people that like it as a pure AoE soul but it has become the most ineffective DPS soul on a single target and now by a very large margin.

I have suggested more changes for cabalist than anyone since this all started including darkness stacking but it was the only thing that came about and nothing in the soul ties into it. It is unfinished and needs to be addressed in some way. I have suggested changes to the Oblivion ablities, Well of Souls, and Shadow Breach but im not sure Kervik is considering these at all. I am trying to suggest a change for a mechanic that was introduced and then ignored since it was good for other souls. This would only be a QoL change that will be a slight DPS increase but it needs something more than it currently has.
    Cab's are so far removed from Sab's and Champions at this point, its pointless. Toss in the sponge.

+ Reply to Thread