+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: Does over healing not generate threat for Justicar anymore?

Soulwalker

Default Does over healing not generate threat for Justicar anymore?

A few weeks ago when I was tanking on my cleric, and a patrol would add on to the group, it would always run straight to me, because my over healing on everyone in the group would put me on the top of the threat list before anyone hit it.

Now it feels like I'm not on their threat list until after they actually hit a party member and I can see healing numbers appear on them. To me this makes it feel like my regular healing is still generating threat, but my over healing is not. However, I don't run any addons or meters that would allow me to be 100% sure of what is happening.

Is this happening to anyone else? Can anyone with more tools test and confirm one way or the other?

I'm not posting this directly in the bug thread, because i'm not sure it's a bug yet, it just feels like a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapsinger View Post
    A few weeks ago when I was tanking on my cleric, and a patrol would add on to the group, it would always run straight to me, because my over healing on everyone in the group would put me on the top of the threat list before anyone hit it.

Now it feels like I'm not on their threat list until after they actually hit a party member and I can see healing numbers appear on them. To me this makes it feel like my regular healing is still generating threat, but my over healing is not. However, I don't run any addons or meters that would allow me to be 100% sure of what is happening.

Is this happening to anyone else? Can anyone with more tools test and confirm one way or the other?

I'm not posting this directly in the bug thread, because i'm not sure it's a bug yet, it just feels like a bug.
    it's possible, it's been bugged before. To test it, join a party with a friend, have them hit the dummy once while they are full HP. then you heal them with justicar (use total assurance and DoL, or hit a different dummy with ST attacks) if the dummy they hit targets you then overheal threat is working.

Overhealing does not build threat on a group until they are aggroed on one of your group members. If your group members are also attacking the enemies they can sometimes out-threat the one DoL you get off before the mobs make it to them. Censure/EJ is always preferable if possible.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-13-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Thank you, Redcruxs, for the info on how to test it. It had not occurred to me to try the dummies. And it turns out that overhealing is generating threat, so I guess all is well, and I was just having bad luck / a bad pug, when i thought it was bugged.

+ Reply to Thread