+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How come purifiers and defilers, do not have an aoe cleanse?

Default How come purifiers and defilers, do not have an aoe cleanse?

I mean they are healers arent they?

even archon (a non healer, and no i dont want that nerfed, god no) has one :/.

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Aoe cleanse is already relatively new (since sentis were the only one to have it originally)
    Each original healer has its own special cleanse. Senti - aoe, wardens a ST CoT, and puri a full cleanse.

Then they got stupid and gave everyone and their mother an aoe cleanse.
    Puri is getting one as well.

Defiler, well we just have to wait and see but I don't think it would get one unless it was link dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Defiler, well we just have to wait and see but I don't think it would get one unless it was link dependent.
    Would really like it to be.

+ million 1's

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

that would be somewhat interesting an aoe cleanse that hits through links, so ya could have 4 (technically 5) links up and every link will fire a cleanse that cleanses 5 people.

would make a part of GA a bit less frantic
    who took my names!

To my understanding defiler was never meant to be a full healer. It was meant as a hybrid but somewhere along its development it got a little more powerful on the heal side than on its DPS side. On a side note I wish they would flush the soul out with full DPS capability even if it had to rely on stances to achieve such.

Purifier, well I think its getting an AOE cleanse next Wednesday.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by aabuster1 View Post
    To my understanding defiler was never meant to be a full healer. It was meant as a hybrid but somewhere along its development it got a little more powerful on the heal side than on its DPS side. On a side note I wish they would flush the soul out with full DPS capability even if it had to rely on stances to achieve such.

Purifier, well I think its getting an AOE cleanse next Wednesday.
    As far as I can remember defiler was and still is the strongest ST healing spec cleric has. It's rarely seen in places such as dungeons because the lack of cleanse cripples it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatlagh View Post
    As far as I can remember defiler was and still is the strongest ST healing spec cleric has. It's rarely seen in places such as dungeons because the lack of cleanse cripples it.
    It has high burst single target healing, but it does take multiple GCD's to utilize it. I would say sent is better at that job, since it can do so without having to predict who will take the damage.

Also, Puri is even better than either soul at spot healing, assuming proper utilization of Flare Up. And it will only get better next week.
    Last edited by Cinnibar; 08-14-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Sunberry, cleric lead, Nicely Played, Faeblight; 2/4 GA; 1/4 HM; 1/3 IG; 1/5 PB

ohh it seems puris getting an aoe cleanse, awsome .

And thinking about it, the link cleanse should cleanse the target of the link +2, instead of 5, all aoe cleanses target 10 people so making it potential of 20 would be insane.

It would give 12/15 targets like this but often people are spread out and there are 2 links on the tanks far away from other people anyway.

also completly unrelated but: defilers are our strongest healers by far, we dont have any other specs that can spike as much hps (even more so in specific multi mob fights) out as defilers. We can heal anything that an expert can throw at us but like another poster said, the lack of a proper aoe cleanse criples it, for no reason.
    Last edited by Alyvian; 08-14-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Rift Disciple

I dunno, I think if you factor in cool downs, hots and usefulness in terms of damage output, defiler edges out

Of course that could be obsolete with the new puri changes
    Last edited by Chatlagh; 08-14-2013 at 03:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread