+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on builds

Soulwalker

Default Question on builds

Currently level 15. Right now I have a Cabalist/Shaman build I am running for ranged DPS and some Melee DPS if things get this close. I also have Warden for the small HoT in case I have adds to give myself some breathing room.

I know, from reading, that this isn't going to play well later on so what roles/builds gives me a lot of this current survivability later on?

Druid/Justicar is generally the most survivable solo spec. Defiler/Cabalist works well at higher levels for better AoE damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Boruk View Post
    Currently level 15. Right now I have a Cabalist/Shaman build I am running for ranged DPS and some Melee DPS if things get this close. I also have Warden for the small HoT in case I have adds to give myself some breathing room.

I know, from reading, that this isn't going to play well later on so what roles/builds gives me a lot of this current survivability later on?
    Mixing and matching classes in Rift can make you either super OP or a few thousand pixels worth of suck. Ultimately, it's best to go all out or not at all. If you're looking for survivability, a Justicar with Sentinel/Purifier to back it up will keep you alive throughout the leveling process. During dungeons and raids however, the Justicar's tank buffs severely drain the effectiveness of a Sentinel's heals or a Purifier's Symbols.

My suggestion would be a Cabalist/Purifier/Justicar combo. The Cabalists' AOE abilities are effective for disposing of enemies all at once if you can do enough damage, while Dark Water is fully spammable and does quite a bit of damage. Use the purifier to bolster your flimsy Cabalist's durability with Symbol of the Flame and heal with Healing Flare. Put 5 points in Justicar for that ever so needed 10% endurance bonus.

With that, you've got a perfect solo class good in just about all areas.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Boruk View Post
    Full Defiler is the most versatile and "safe" soloing spec, with Defiler/Cab giving more train and damage potential and Druid/Justicar giving better single-target potential.

Until you start Storm Legion content, though (Cape Jule and Pelladane, level 50), just play whatever you want and have fun.
    Last edited by Kriptini; 08-13-2013 at 03:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread