+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Zormus
  • 2 Post By LaPengo

Thread: Help please, my macro is not working

Soulwalker

Default Help please, my macro is not working

I have the following macro with all instant cast spell, but it seems to only cast the first spell.
    Can anyone please tell me what I did wrong

#show sanction heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast bound fate
    cast dark water
    cast tyranny of death
    cast sanction heretic

Quote Originally Posted by Diteemo View Post
    I have the following macro with all instant cast spell, but it seems to only cast the first spell.

#show sanction heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast bound fate
    cast dark water
    cast tyranny of death
    cast sanction heretic
    your macro is fine till tyranny of death cause tyranny of death have no cooldown.
    Any rift macroes will end on spells/abilities that have no cooldowns.
    In other words you gotta put all those spells/abilities with no cooldowns at the bottom of the list always. And thats bout it

Here is a macro guide thread, hope it helps:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...cro-guide.html

Champion

Just to elaborate a little. A macro will go through line by line and move on when it can't complete an action and reset when it does complete an action.

So a macro will look at the first line and figure out if it can complete the action. Can the spell be cast? Maybe you're silenced or stunned, in which case a macro will move on to the next command. Maybe the first line has a cast time and you're on the run, so it will move on. Maybe you hit the macro in the middle of a global cooldown, in which case it will move on.

It moves to the second command. Maybe that skill is on cooldown, so it moves to the third command. That's an instant cast and it hits the target. The next time you hit the macro button it starts at the beginning of the macro and goes through line by line until it can cast something.

So starting off a macro with an instant ability with no cooldown means the macro will always be casting that ability unless you're in the middle of a global cooldown or stunned or something in which case you can't cast anything much at all.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Crazio View Post
    your macro is fine till tyranny of death cause tyranny of death have no cooldown.
    Any rift macroes will end on spells/abilities that have no cooldowns.
    In other words you gotta put all those spells/abilities with no cooldowns at the bottom of the list always. And thats bout it
    What? You are wrong in like 5 different ways here. Don't listen to this guy, he has no idea what hes talking about.

@OP: In rift, when you press a macro, the game will go through the macro line by line and try to execute the command, and once a command is able to be completed it will do it and stop. If a line cannot be completed, it moves onto the next line. Since your macro has Bound Fate on top, which has no cooldown, your macro will successfully complete the first line every time and stop. Try this macro:

#show sanction heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast sanction heretic
    cast tyranny of death
    cast bound fate

This macro will cast sanction heretic the first time you press it, tyranny of death the second time, and then after that it will cast bound fate until either of the other two spells is usable again (which is when either tyranny falls off of the target or Sanction Heretic comes off cooldown). Because a macro will always stop at a successful cast you can never have more than one ability with no cooldown in one, and that ability will always be at the bottom of the macro. I recommend you keep dark water on a separate button since it also has no cooldown.
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 08-11-2013 at 08:05 AM.

You can have two no-cd spells in one macro. Useful if the last spell would otherwise be a casting time spell. Place an instant after it in case you have to go mobile midcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    You can have two no-cd spells in one macro. Useful if the last spell would otherwise be a casting time spell. Place an instant after it in case you have to go mobile midcast.
    Exactly. If I make a cast macro, I always throw an instant at the end, even if I wouldn't otherwise use it.

I posted the following in response to someone else with the same question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormus View Post
    Cast macros in Rift are not a list of abilities to be cast in sequence. Instead, they allow you to specify a "priority" list. The macro will go down the list and cast the first ability that is available to be cast, then stop. Typical uses of the priority system in cast macros include:

- Place a (better) ability with a cooldown before an ability with no cooldown. If the ability with a cooldown is available, it will cast that, otherwise it will cast the ability with no cooldown.

- Place a (better) melee ability before a ranged ability. If you are in melee range, it will use the melee ability, otherwise if you are at range it will use the ranged ability.

- Place a (better) ability that has a cast time before an instant cast ability. If you are standing still, it will use the ability with a cast time, otherwise if you are moving, it will cast the instant ability.

- Place a (better) ability that requires certain conditions to be met (behind the target, must have just used another ability, etc.) before other abilities. If the conditions are met, you will cast that ability before the others.

- Place an off-GCD reactive ability at the bottom of the macro. This allows you to make use of the time during GCDs to cast the reactive, so other more important abilities can take priority when GCD is done.

In your example, you placed an instant no-cooldown ability at the top of the list, so the macro will always cast that ability, then stop. In order to make use of the priority system, use a combination of the usage cases listed above.
    Roles - A convenient menu for changing roles, equipment, and wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Diteemo View Post

#show sanction heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast bound fate
    cast dark water
    cast tyranny of death
    cast sanction heretic
    1. Bound Fate and Dark Water have no CD, thus Bound Fate will always fire off and the rest will never be used. Your Macro is essentially "upside down"

2. Tyranny in Macro is fine, because you cannot re-apply Tyranny when a Target already has it.

3. If you really insist on this Macro, you want.

#show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Tyranny of Death
    cast Bound Fate

with Dark Water on its own Button.

4. Alternatively, you can use modifiers, to do something like this:

#show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Tyranny of Death
    cast [shift] Dark Water
    cast Bound Fate

5. I don't recommend either Macro. At most you'd want Tyranny and Bound Fate as 1 Macro with Sanction Heretic and Dark Water on 2 separate buttons.

to OP,
    oops bound fate & tyranny of death has no cd.
    sorry my bad
    Last edited by Crazio; 08-18-2013 at 07:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread