+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1-50 leveling build?--dps

Default 1-50 leveling build?--dps

I keep looking on these forums, as well google but a lot of them seem to be from 2011 or so. I was wondering if anyone knows a good solo leveling build for questing.

Shadowlander

The go to cookie-cutter solo spec is going to be some variation of Just Seer. I'm betting you'll get quite a few people saying this. The base of the build is 44 Druid for the pet and uh.. That one buff that I can't think of.. and 16 Justicar for Even Justice.

From there it's basically preference. More points in Druid is more deeps, more points in Just is more survivability.

(If you want a path for spending your points, I'd say go druid till you get Trickster's bolt, then Just till even justice, and then finish filling out druid... You may have to change it a little bit in the low 20s because you outlevel your pet though.)

Alternatively you can use one of the many, many Defiler builds out there. Full Defiler works well, as well as various Cabilist hybrids. (Do they still work though with the Cab changes? I'm actually not sure on this one... I don't think there was anything build-breaking in the notes, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) I think some people may still run Defiler/Inquisitor hybrids, too.

Clerics honestly have a lot of leeway with solo specs though, so you can be really weird and do some crazy stuff too and be alright. Toy around with them a lot, and if you find some weird niche thing that works awesome, share it. You'll get criticisms on it, but so long as you don't make arguments like "Oh you're an elitist min/maxer," and actually pay attention to those people because they make valid points, you'll be fine, and may honestly stumble upon something really cool. (That's kinda what happened with the Just Seer, a random-ish guy posted a guide on it and everyone was like ZOMG this is the sexorz, and started using it widely.)
    Last edited by Jeorge; 08-10-2013 at 05:12 PM.

I ran this one almost exactly (changed a couple points here and there). Just hit fifty yesterday. It was excellent. and once you get into the aoe abilities you can literally pull as many equal level mobs as you like and aoe them down. One on one with mobs three and four levels higher is doable as well. Good fun without the need a for a PITA pet.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ll-1-11-a.html

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ce2flaco View Post
    I ran this one almost exactly (changed a couple points here and there). Just hit fifty yesterday. It was excellent. and once you get into the aoe abilities you can literally pull as many equal level mobs as you like and aoe them down. One on one with mobs three and four levels higher is doable as well. Good fun without the need a for a PITA pet.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ll-1-11-a.html
    That build is probably the worst to use now ... 2012 build that isn't updated.

Quote Originally Posted by ImYoungxD View Post
    That build is probably the worst to use now ... 2012 build that isn't updated.
    Have you tried it? No? It works great. Still mowing packs of mobs down with this build at 51. Anywhooooo

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ce2flaco View Post
    Have you tried it? No? It works great. Still mowing packs of mobs down with this build at 51. Anywhooooo
    If I haven't used it, I wouldn't comment on it.

It sucks. With the new updates there are better AOE, ST DPS. Do your research more.

Champion of Telara

If it's your first char AND you have defiler, I'd say caba/defiler. If you can keep your gear quality high, Inq 1-60 would be a better option. Caba/defiler can pull 6+ mobs SAFELY, that's the big one. It's extremely safe, but slow at solo kills. Inq kills quickly but it doesn't fare as well with big pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by ImYoungxD View Post
    If I haven't used it, I wouldn't comment on it.

It sucks. With the new updates there are better AOE, ST DPS. Do your research more.
    Please. Re read the original post and get back to me lad. The guy isn't minmaxing. Sheesh, other people kids. FTP trolls...

Rift Disciple

It was a sad day when they obliterated the standard Duracell build. The Cleric still does have a lot of room in it's builds for some playing around, as long as you feel comfortable with it and you ignore the min-max ******s who try to make everyone play their way and ONLY their way!

Druid is now a very good solo option and gives plenty of options on playstyle as well as which other souls to combine with it (it's now almost the go to soul for solo play like Shamicar was in the good old days). While there will be a lot of varied opinion on exactly what works best for levelling, as long as it works for you and you enjoy it then it's entirely up to you which you go for: until you start doing things with groups then how you play the game is all down to your own enjoyment! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise - playing the FotM build is alright if you need to pull your weight in a group, but if you find it boring to play then don't play that as solo....that's why you have multiple soul builds!

Soulwalker

Personally, I think full druid is the most fun and effective way to level. It has good damage and good survivability. Another spec that I used while leveling is defiler/cabalist. You can use the beacon pet to take aggro and just AoE them down. You have enough heals to keep the beacon alive, and if done right, there's not too much of a limit on how much you can pull at a time.

Soulwalker

I leveled my cleric with the old shami-car build..once I began to upgrade my gear...it was very easy. Now with the changes...You still get decent trickle heals and enough so support mobbing.

+ Reply to Thread