+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Plans for a dedicated cleric Dev?

Telaran

Default Plans for a dedicated cleric Dev?

not hating on kervik (much) but the guy is working on 2 classes for no apparent reason with arguable bias towards one of them, it would do the class good to have a dedicated dev to do things like fix cabalist(the full rework many people want) and increasing overall synergy between our souls(considering that the best(to my knowledge) non 61 point soul was 36 cabalist + defiler/inq which only really had a 15sec cd burst counting in its favour, some general coherence between our damage souls would be a wonderful thing as a easy example harbringer can combo with almost any soul from mages for a nice effect whether it be a bit of splash healing or stupid burst with no sustain, or the twin pet classes that have direct synergy with each other off of soul bonuses alone.

TL;DR

Clerics are all 61-pointers builds which trail behind other souls done by our dev, need a new dev

You do know that most of what cleric is was done by a dedicated cleric dev?

Kervik honestly just got the job and most changes were actually for the better (Druid, shaman and inq, which other classes call OP).

But since one OP skill got nerfed, all of a sudden there's a Mage bias (which is ironic since mages say there is a cleric bias and disliked kervik for nerfing their OP souls/skills as well for the past 2 years).

And considering he actually take suggestions to heart (see: puri) unlike our previous dev (for the most part), I can't see the fuss.

But obviously, disin nerf means he hates clerics.

You Johnny come latelys are hilarious.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post

But since one OP skill got nerfed, all of a sudden there's a Mage bias (which is ironic since mages say there is a cleric bias and disliked kervik for nerfing their OP souls/skills as well for the past 2 years).

rubbish, mages have always loved Kervick sometimes you're awesome Eughe and sometimes you come out with complete rubbish

I don't see mages saying there is a cleric bias but I see plenty of clerics saying there is a mage bias and plenty of mage hate from clerics and honestly it is getting a little old
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Rift Chaser

I would like to have him full-time. Kervik has done a great job with clerics since he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    rubbish, mages have always loved Kervick sometimes you're awesome Eughe and sometimes you come out with complete rubbish

You mean during the pyro nerf, or the SC nerf, or the Dom nerf? Or the Dom/SC berf? Or when harbinger was released instead of a tank or whatever the hell they were crying about?

How about the whole inq v warlock debate? Mages didn't care for ker.

I don't see mages saying there is a cleric bias but I see plenty of clerics saying there is a mage bias and plenty of mage hate from clerics and honestly it is getting a little old

Haven't been reading the pvp forum have yah?

Telaran

i'm not saying he's doing a bad job im saying he isn't doing enough, definitely steps in the right direction by bringing us closer to par but not creative (using that very liberally) or viable enough, the charge system with mages is really nice and simple and creates some across the board synergy, the same way that rouges and warriors have combo points which by defualt give greater synergy(one soul builds another soul can finish)

we need a dev that can make our own "build + finish" system so that we also have that baseline synergy after that we should be brought on par with everyone else

it's silly to expect one dev to do that much work( since its over double what the others would do) and expect us to not only be as good as other classes(which we arguably are from a dps standpoint) but also as fun to play in general

Dev stands for developer

as in people who write code.

do you honestly think over at electronic arts they tell the devs.. hey you can only work on developing the Giants and cant work on stuff for the Patriots?

answer NO

think about this company as you would a software company............. because thats what they ARE.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

did I really just answer a guy who has been playing the game for a month thats complaining that enough changes werent made to a class that was just buffed the past 2 patches????????????

smh
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Putting aside the question of bias, doesn't it make sense to have one dedicated class designer for each class ? I think so, especially since they plan on introducing new souls and 5 more levels which is only going to increase the workload.

In addition, I think the level of communication could really be improved. It doesn't seem that the players have much influence over design decisions. Sometimes feedback is asked for and given, but little information is provided.

In the case of Cabalist for example, the general feeling is that it was left very much incomplete. A lot of very good suggestions were offered, but not acted upon. Individuals such as Haybale and Abraxas put a lot of time and effort in putting together their proposals. Would it hurt Kervik to issue a statement that they will or will not be acted upon, or due to time constraints they will have to postponed until a more comprehensive review can be undertaken ?

I understand that Kervik said that a complete Soul redo would not be done, and was perfectly fine with the changes that he did do up until this whole disintegration fiasco. Now, even though it appears a nominal amount of damage will be added back, the soul will be hopelessly gimped in PVP. There were better ways to handle the situation then this massive nerf. Again, many suggestions were offered, but not acted on. All we got was a short blub indicating the nerf stick was coming down.

TRION can do much better then this.

Rift Chaser

Mage bias? Have none of you seen cleric dps since the latest patch? The only thing to parse higher than shaman on goloch since the shaman changes is the OP warlord spec for warriors. Harb isnt even close. I even did 30k this week with less than 500 crit power. The Cab rework is still only half done, be patient.
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 08-09-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Telaran

Kervik's secret mission is nerf clerics, buff mages

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ellohim View Post
    Kervik's secret mission is nerf clerics, buff mages
    Clearly u havent seen recent shaman and inquis parses. Kervik made cleric dps viable in a week or 2 you should be loving him right now, not asking for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    Clearly u havent seen recent shaman and inquis parses. Kervik made cleric dps viable in a week or 2 you should be loving him right now, not asking for someone else.
    If only Kervik could fix baddies.
    Last edited by Champian; 08-10-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    Well, the Cleric community did help... It's like shake and bake baby!

timer: It feels good to dps as a cleric now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast