+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Healing Questions

Default Cleric Healing Questions

Just came back after 2 years. Rolling as Sent/Puri/Ward with this build:

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/0mnIElReguuGdusRqvVx0xv922

1. I don't plan on doing any raiding. The above spec is good for 5 mans?

2. What are my stat priorities?

3. What Planar Attunement should I max out?

4. Recommended healing addons?

5. Spell rotation?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mrnails View Post
    Just came back after 2 years. Rolling as Sent/Puri/Ward with this build:

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/0mnIElReguuGdusRqvVx0xv922

1. I don't plan on doing any raiding. The above spec is good for 5 mans?

2. What are my stat priorities?

3. What Planar Attunement should I max out?

4. Recommended healing addons?

5. Spell rotation?

Thank you!
    1. you can't have that many skill points, you can max out one tree at 61, then you'll have 15 poitns left over to put into other trees

2. SP and Wis >>> all

3. all of them, but fire first (for the 120 SP weapon buff) then wisdom then whatever gives buffs to the weapon type you use (2h or 1h/oh)

4. not sure but I know there are some out there, check the addon forum section http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ons-macros-ui/

5. look for guides in the cleric guide section. Ahov has some good healing guides for the raid level but there are many others. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...cleric-guides/ this will also help with your build

As for the build 61 Sent/15 Puri is very good for healing 5 mans.

Soulwalker

Default 40 Defiler / 34 Sentinel / 2 Purifier

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmsnIVx0...hMvVReghzhdzvM

That is my favorite build for 5-man healing right now. It's really good if you have a lesser-geared tank because of the 20% link, but it is all personal preference.

Macrs: (use this for people that need heals that are grouped together)
    #show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Healing Breath
    cast Symbol of the Torch

Put the 10% and 5% links on 2 other people in your group. If you understand the Defiler, then this is a fun build MAINLY because you get the group cleanse with this build.

Thanks for the reply's.

Just skimming over Defiler.. looks to be higher in dps skills other than heals.

dbe
    General of Telara

That's the standard Sent spec for 5-mans.

There's no "rotation" in healing really. You use healing invocation as a base, and everything else as a cooldown. You have a lot so can rotate through them. For movement use healing breath, healing flare, and symbol of the torch.

Hello.

So, since my OP I've leveled from 50 to 56 now and have gotten more experience in healing.

More than 2 years ago I bought Rift and stopped at 50. I've recently came back.

So, with this new experience I've learned that being a Sent healer it's really hard for me to heal up AoE dmg. Is this normal for Sents? Just got done doing and completed the dungeon Golem Foundry. WoW! So, much AoE dmg it was horrible. I had a chloro help with the healing. Do Sents require help for healing or maybe I'm just not as experienced as I should be?

I use Click Box Healer addon for healing and it's GREAT!
    LvL 65 1k hit / LvL 63 Prestige

Telaran

Sent is a bit lacking for sustained aoe damage but you shouldn't have issues healing dungeons.

Enraptured breath makes healing breath amazing, you can use it to top off 3 people after any aoe damage/use if as a spot heal.

If there is a ton of aoe damage you can combine that with divine call to handle most aoe healing.

If people aren't topped off afterward you can use healing flare to do so.

If your tank is topped off and you can spare the gcd's you can also shield party members. If possible you should be doing this all the time and definitely before expected aoe damage.

Also, having FR will help in most cases, keep leveling!

Oh, and never use healing communion, it's terrible.
    Last edited by Vetheax; 08-19-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Telaran

Healing Communion is really awful with one exception. I usually switch to 61 warden to heal 3rd boss of Exodus 5-man (the stack-in-the-middle-hide-behind-the-pillars ****head). I wanted to try doing it in Sent, so for the aoe damage portion I used HB/Divine Call, then popped Healer's Haste/Nyol's Hope and spammed Healing Communion and was able to get through two phases of that.
    Zipi @ Greybriar
    <Mutiny>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jylea View Post
    Healing Communion is really awful with one exception. I usually switch to 61 warden to heal 3rd boss of Exodus 5-man (the stack-in-the-middle-hide-behind-the-pillars ****head). I wanted to try doing it in Sent, so for the aoe damage portion I used HB/Divine Call, then popped Healer's Haste/Nyol's Hope and spammed Healing Communion and was able to get through two phases of that.
    Even then you're better off spot healing whoever has the lowest health one by one using NH+HH and HI/CI and weaving breaths/shields in between

Quote Originally Posted by Jylea View Post
    It's not even necessary to spam Healing Communion.

If your tank is getting a bit wrecked, pop Healer's Covenant on him and then shield up the lowest people (I only say that now since Puri is changing) that will take the biggest hits so it's almost all absorbed. Worst case, after Healing Breath and Divine Call, you use another Symbol (which will proc healing buffs) or Healing Flare for whomever didn't get topped up 100%.

+ Reply to Thread