+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overflowing Renewal

Soulwalker

Default Overflowing Renewal

Overflowing renewal seems to only be able to be cast on party or raid members, I understand the overflowing effect, but the general base heal doesn't heal anyone outside my party/raid. This a bug or it intended to be like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Punriq View Post
    Overflowing renewal seems to only be able to be cast on party or raid members, I understand the overflowing effect, but the general base heal doesn't heal anyone outside my party/raid. This a bug or it intended to be like this?
    Working as intended. You can only st heal ppl outside of your party/raid, aoe heals and passive heals won't touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    Working as intended. You can only st heal ppl outside of your party/raid, aoe heals and passive heals won't touch them.
    I don't remember for sure, but I think I've healed my own party/raid with OR when I've cast it on an outsider, the over heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    I think the OP means that casting it on someone outside the raid doesn't heal them. Which would be odd.

Soulwalker

I just find it weird that as the main heal for a warden you cant even cast it on anyone but party or raid members. I mean its a 2 second cast heal the base heal should heal them but it just auto targets me and heals me instead. like I said I understand the overhealing distribution part but for a casted heal to only work on party or raid members is kinda dumb.

Well...it's an aoe heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Well...it's an aoe heal.
    Only in the "spell classification" sense, it is still targeted on someone.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-07-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Telaran

It is and it isn't aoe. It is not pbaoe (point blank area of effect) like most Warden aoe's are. It is conceptually similar to Chain Lightning, from the Warcraft series, in terms of aoe.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Only in the "spell classification" sense, it is still targeted on someone.
    Soul drain has to be targeted, but it's still AOE damage. Pretty sure OR is buffed by all of our AOE talents...not sure if the ST talents affect it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskatol View Post
    Soul drain has to be targeted, but it's still AOE damage. Pretty sure OR is buffed by all of our AOE talents...not sure if the ST talents affect it at all.
    What I'm saying is, it still heals the person you target and then does an AoE heal.

General of Telara

I cannot cast this skill on people outside of my raid/party. Its always been like that- very frustrating in CQ!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    What I'm saying is, it still heals the person you target and then does an AoE heal.
    That is what I explained -- conceptually similar to chain lightning, where one takes damage, and then a remainder is sent to the next, if there is a next -- although there are differences in dmg/heal, as well as how it is calculated from one to the next.

Rift Disciple

I've complained about this before, and been told the same, it's an aoe heal.

If it's an aoe heal it should proc bosuns blessing.

Well, it procs ST heal proc skills so, why should it be the only skill that procs both?

+ Reply to Thread