+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Rift and starting Cleric

Soulwalker

Default New to Rift and starting Cleric

Hey everyone

New to Rift and I am opting to go for a healer as well as Healer main spec in end game. My question is, from reading here and there, is the best leveling spec Druid, with the advantage of pets? And then also, can one have more then one spec to switch between?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Malovent View Post
    Hey everyone

New to Rift and I am opting to go for a healer as well as Healer main spec in end game. My question is, from reading here and there, is the best leveling spec Druid, with the advantage of pets? And then also, can one have more then one spec to switch between?
    I don't know which is best, Druid, Shaman, Inquisitor; I've used all 3 a bit and would lean towards Shaman, myself. As for specs, you can have dozens of them. The first 4-6 are cheap. They get expensive after the 6th.

Druid/justicar builds or druid/defiler builds are the way to go for leveling.

Soulwalker

I had the same questions, but I was wondering which one is the best for warfronts? I don't really see how to play them very well. I saw one guy's video guide but I'm still having some trouble.

Soulwalker

Mal, the extra specs that were referred to are called Roles. You purchase extra Roles from your cleric trainer. They get progressively more expensive the more you buy.

Just buy 1 role (I think it's something ridiculously cheap like 5 gold for the first?)

Then you just select your role from your souls screen, click Activate on the bottom right.

Changing your role also changes your hotbars so you can customize them per role.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the reply and thanks Gen

I like the druid because you can use the pet as a decoy while you click things such as collectibles and quest items and then mount up and go on about your business if you didn't want to use your time to kill the mob.

Druid has a fairy healer and tank, both can be useful for taking on mobs a few levels higher than you are. At some levels the tank pet is more effective and at some levels the healing pet is more effective as you kill and tank the mob. The AOE fairy is also powerful for packs of mobs as it will do good AOE damage while at the same time healing itself and you with its damage to health buff.

Justicar just doesn't kill fast enough even when hybridized for my liking and shaman kills fast but doesn't have the survivability the druid has. Some people also swear by the defiler soul as a solo spec but I don't like it either. Defiler just seems slow too.

And in case you didn't know a cleric in this game is not just a healer. The roles the classes have are meant to be different but equal in totality regardless of its class. All classes will soon enough have at least one capable healing soul come rift 3.0, which means all four classes will be able to equally fulfill all the roles. Your right however that the cleric with 3 healing souls is more versatile but some others say the mage is a better healing soul because it has it all in one package.

Soulwalker

Thanks aabuster

+ Reply to Thread