+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clerics in Conquest

Rift Disciple Avriana Lightbreeze's Avatar

Default Clerics in Conquest

After a hiatus from the game, I'm back and finally level 60. I did some Conquest when it was first released, and I'd like to get back into it.

What builds are you clerics using in conquest? Please post whatever you use, whether healing, dps, or combination.

I'm just wanting to see what my options are and what people are using. Hopefully something will jump out at me. I'd prefer dps or a heal-dps hybrid, but I'm open to healing if that's what you other clerics are having fun with.

Sorry, I'm not on the right computer to look at my specs, but I think the general consensus would be that a 61 warden for AoE healing would be one spec. Since just about everyone runs it, I tend to use a modifies sentinel build to keep the tank and wardens alive, but I'm the rarity.

Some pre-mades suggest a 61 defiler build for AoE damage/links/support healing.

If you want dps, inquisitor is the way to go. Shaman and druid recently got a boost, but melee in conquest is often diffucult. Being up front means being focus-fired.

You should probably pick Justicar for one of the support souls for whatever build you pick. You get some light healing and hit points to you can take the massive aoe-fest that conquest tends to be.

Opinions will differ, but those three basic builds, I'd wager, are the core of what clerics and conquest do.

Champion of Telara

Depends on how you plan to play CQ. If you're a zerg follower - Warden or Cabalist. If you llke to go off and do your own thing - Inquisitor. If you want to support a few friends while blowing crap up - 58 defiler, 18 Cabalist (links, spot heals, great AoE).

Avoid melee builds in CQ like Shaman and Druid. Clerics don't make great PvP tanks compared to the Warrior variants, and they don't tend to inflict any kind of damage while in a tank spec, so avoid Justicar.

If you do premades they will tell you what to run like mini Hitlers.

I usually ignore them, and run what I like to run.

Defiler and Warden are the two I stick with in CQ.

As should you.
    Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

Quote Originally Posted by Avriana Lightbreeze View Post
    After a hiatus from the game, I'm back and finally level 60. I did some Conquest when it was first released, and I'd like to get back into it.

What builds are you clerics using in conquest? Please post whatever you use, whether healing, dps, or combination.

I'm just wanting to see what my options are and what people are using. Hopefully something will jump out at me. I'd prefer dps or a heal-dps hybrid, but I'm open to healing if that's what you other clerics are having fun with.
    I'm usually running some sort of 61 Cabalist build, it is absolutely incredible how you can pull masses of people together and just totally destroy them with Tyranny -> Chains of Discord -> Disintergration.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Following the crowd: cab, warden
    Soloing: inq, Druid.

Thanks for the replies! For those of you that use 61 cabalist, what are you using for your other 2 souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Avriana Lightbreeze View Post
    Thanks for the replies! For those of you that use 61 cabalist, what are you using for your other 2 souls?
    if your new and just comming back? justicar so you dont get 1 shot off your own damage
    if you are overgeared and synthed running in a premade... inquisitor defieler.. but then again I mean.. who would be running around in a premade with guard and synth on as a dps cleric....
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

I was wondering if anyone's putting 10 points in Druid for the +5% damage and +10% damage with instant cast spells. Seems that might be a good combo with all the instant casts in Cabalist.

Cab has a lot of passives that increase the effect of spell power on skills.
    Making SP a major choice for it.
    It also has passives that increases the crit rate of skills, and since crit is fairly low in pvp, anything that increase its ability to crit even further would assist in its overall burst.

For cab, one should try and always maximize burst ability.

So would you recommend 10 in shaman (+5% damage, +5% crit chance) and 5 in inquisitor (+10% spell power, Armor of Devotion that gives +5% crit chance)?
    Last edited by Avriana Lightbreeze; 08-06-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Ugh, can't edit post.

Or would I be better off putting 10 in Inq (+5% crit chance, +5% damage, +10 spell power) and 5 in sentinel (+10% spell power)?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    if your new and just comming back? justicar so you dont get 1 shot off your own damage
    if you are overgeared and synthed running in a premade... inquisitor defieler.. but then again I mean.. who would be running around in a premade with guard and synth on as a dps cleric....
    gawd ur bad
    Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

+ Reply to Thread