+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Caitie
  • 1 Post By Arishem

Thread: New here, who's the best healer in the game?

Soulwalker

Default New here, who's the best healer in the game?

Just wondering . Trying to decide on a class to play, but in some areas i read Chloro mages are boss as healing, but then in here I see Clerics can be too? What souls for cleric are best for healing/buffing? (What kind of buffs exist in Rift? Any that last more than a couple minutes?.....hate those kind that are so short they anger you!)

Also, is mana regeneration not normal like other MMOs here? Do I actually have to use crappy potions to refresh myself after a fight?

I also read a lot of complaints about Cleric mana costs with horrible regen, but Chloros have supposedly "infinite" mana for healing????

Thanks for reading

Rift Disciple Avriana Lightbreeze's Avatar

Hello! I don't heal very much, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will reply with more in depth answers to your questions.

However, my understanding is that there is no clear cut "best" healer in the game. The best healers in the game are played by the best players.

That said, if healing is your thing, I really recommend cleric. This is simply because the mage only has one healing soul (Chloromancer). With cleric you have a lot more options to choose from. Just off the top of my head, cleric has Sentinel, Purifier, Warden and Defiler. Druid and Justicar also have some limited healing ability.

Rift Disciple

Chloro is the best tank healer in the game right now due to there steady healing. Chloro also hold there own raid healing as well. They bring certain buffs to a raid as well, like the clover, and wild growth.

Clerics do what chloro cant, which is burst healing(warden for raid/sent, for tank heals), shielding(puri) and defiler aka link bot.

Both classes are needed in a raid just depends on how you want to heal, I personally have played both in raids and I prefer being a mage but that is just me. It is personal preference.
    Last edited by Ghost63b; 08-04-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost63b View Post
    Chloro is the best tank healer in the game right now due to there steady healing. Chloro also hold there own raid healing as well. They bring certain buffs to a raid as well, like the clover, and wild growth.

Clerics do what chloro cant, which is burst healing(warden for raid/sent, for tank heals), shielding(puri) and defiler aka link bot.

Both classes are needed in a raid just depends on how you want to heal, I personally have played both in raids and I prefer being a mage but that is just me. It is personal preference.
    Which one requires less skills :P? I heard clerics have to use a LOT of different skills where as chloro's don't really have to do that.

Also, do clerics get a long-duration buff that decreases damage the tank takes?

I'm not really looking to raid, but more so to augment my GF's Paladin for leveling, and eventually dungeon running!

Chloro sounds like the best idea so far?

ps: Are chloro duration based HOT heals, and if so would more than One chloro in the group be able to stack their heals on the same target? As an example, if my sister also wanted to play a chloro with me for two chloros in the group.....would the healing factor be nullified, or can we both stack our healing on the Tank?

Thanks !
    Last edited by DraGa; 08-04-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Soulwalker

On second thought it looks like Chloromancers only heal when THEY do damage? What's that about ?

I'm just looking for a normal healing class. You know, i click my target and cast a spell to heal them ? Do chloromancers not do that? From the 15minutes i just spent rolling one it seems like their spells are primarily "Chloromancer does damage, and group is healed"????

Or are they just really terrible early-game healers?

Chloros heal through damage, clerics heal directly in almost all cases bar Defiler which is a bit more complicated but effectively a mitigation spec at end game.

Chloros were always terrible early game healers, but I have no idea if that still stands in Storm Legion.

If you want to directly heal, roll Cleric and go sentinel for tank healing. Even at endgame, Sent is rather under-rated when compared to Chloro. Everyone assumes Chloro is better, but Sent does the job just as well IMO.

Whichever way you go, have fun and welcome to Rift.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    Chloros heal through damage, clerics heal directly in almost all cases bar Defiler which is a bit more complicated but effectively a mitigation spec at end game.

Chloros were always terrible early game healers, but I have no idea if that still stands in Storm Legion.

If you want to directly heal, roll Cleric and go sentinel for tank healing. Even at endgame, Sent is rather under-rated when compared to Chloro. Everyone assumes Chloro is better, but Sent does the job just as well IMO.

Whichever way you go, have fun and welcome to Rift.
    Ok thanks!

dbe
    General of Telara

In an MMO, the answer to "who is the best at..." is unanswerable, because by the time you're high enough for it to matter, every class will be completely changed and content that people base their opinions on now will be dead and gone.

Both clerics and mages can do with tank and group healing. They both have advantages the other does not. Soon, rogues and warriors will have a healing spec as well.

However, only clerics have 3 healing souls, so a lot of variety.

Ascendant

One who lets idiots die.

Telaran

Sentinel, Purifier are the primary single target healers. Warden is more aoe burst regen and single target mass regen.

Warden might be a bit confusing for what you are looking for, because 90% of their spells look virtually identical, and the various orders used for them can be complicated :P Macros can be made, though, but Macros don't really pre-queue very well.

Who is the best healer in the game? I guess it's me.

Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Telaran

Me ofc.

Send me plat for tips. Thx, cya in game.
    Retired Raider of <-Virus@Deepwood-> & <-Forsaken@Seastone->
    Guyhax@YoMommasHouse
    #1 Beer Pong Champion NA/EU

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DraGa View Post
    Which one requires less skills :P? I heard clerics have to use a LOT of different skills where as chloro's don't really have to do that.

Also, do clerics get a long-duration buff that decreases damage the tank takes?

I'm not really looking to raid, but more so to augment my GF's Paladin for leveling, and eventually dungeon running!

Chloro sounds like the best idea so far?

ps: Are chloro duration based HOT heals, and if so would more than One chloro in the group be able to stack their heals on the same target? As an example, if my sister also wanted to play a chloro with me for two chloros in the group.....would the healing factor be nullified, or can we both stack our healing on the Tank?

Thanks !
    DUDE!!! Why not play the effin game and figure out what works best for you!?!?

All this "I heard..." crap is annoying.

+ Reply to Thread