+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does thorn of ire actually work?

Telaran

Default How does thorn of ire actually work?

If it worked as written druids with no gear could be pulling 15,000+ dps with this abilty alone which makes me think the tooltip is lying

3s internal cooldown.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Thorns of Ire is essentially a carbon copy of the Illuminate, Coda of Jeopardy, and Spotter's Call debuffs from Archon, Bard and Beastmaster respectively (and none of these debuffs stack).

While the debuff is on the target each individual attacker does an extra proc of damage, at most once every 3 seconds. So with a 1 second GCD it will proc every 3 attacks, with a 1.5s GCD every 2 attacks. If there's 8 attackers hitting consistently for the 20 seconds, that's 48 total procs, with 16 attackers that's 96, so you can see why it's important for DPS in raids. These procs are credited to the attackers that trigger them though, not whoever applied the debuff.

Telaran

My pet is still not triggering it, though, even when I am not. The tooltip needs clarified :P

I guess this prevents spamming it and letting the pets aoe hit each target, but Im not sure that was intended or not.

+ Reply to Thread