+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druids and Shamans after buff?

Default Druids and Shamans after buff?

So how are the two souls fairing?

i know Pre this Shamans fell behind Harbingers hard, Has this been changed? Does shaman hold a higher standing?

Are Druids finially capable of viable DPSing at level 60?... or has this not changed?

im just wondering overall how did these changes effect the two Souls, they both were in quite bad positions but were alot of fun to play just wondered is it worth it now? Shaman was fun but playig one compared to the harbinger across the road was stupid thinking of all the upper points the harbinger had and Druid had no DPSer capabiity at 60 and lacked pretty much everything?

So whats you guys opinons on this?

Plane Touched

Good question, id also like to know if anyone who has experienced the new updates can fill us in

Rift Chaser

After the buffs, shaman is now one of the top dps specs in the game, about equal with harb. Inquisitor is also competitive with other ranged specs now but also slightly harder to play than before.

Druid is a viable dps spec, but still not as good as shaman. It's mostly a pvp spec due to its high amount of utility.

Shield of Telara

warlord is top dps

harb and shaman are close

rogues i have no idea

Warlord at the top, From just being over at the warrior forums it seems like some are going into meltdown proclaiming shaman and especially harbinger are top by a long way .. Seems like theirs always some moaning going on

since my rage replay is deleted

you clearly have no clue abt wl or what spec is in front.
    Dps warrior - Apotheosys
    Retired

Paragon holds the best DPS?... not WL... WL is a Hybrid of Survivability and DPS.. it isnt even a full DPS Spec....

my friend did some testing with his Druid and hit amost 26k DPS .... It seems legit for Raiding... .and otherw report to do 22-24k DPS Round, where I think shamans have 700 more DPS On them.. but Druids are alot of funxD

Champion of Telara

The last time I checked (yesterday) it was definitely not WL at the top.. Paragon -> Harb -> Shaman + Assassin -> RB -> WL -> NB -> .... Inq/Pyro/Druid -> Rng/MM -> Warlock

That was the break down from what I've seen. Not saying I am absolutely correct, but for "competitive" DPS builds those seems to be the order for Single Target DPS.

Once you take the encounter into question that order changes considerably. Especially when you have fights with AoE elements, in which case Shaman/Harb/RB/NB tend to be highest since they can spread damage very well - Harb and Shaman being the best DPS for fights with a lot of ST and some AoE mixed in (i.e. Gelidra, Kain, Regulos and even possibly Matriarch depending on crystals and RNG).

Basically Shaman is in a very good spot. Our slight DPS disadvantage compared to Paragon is overcome by our excellent AoE -- but Harb still has almost as much AoE without being much lower than Paragon. Assassin might need some mechanics changed because it's good at doing DPS, but requires too many conditions and can quickly fall behind. On pure dummy parsing Assassin actually does about as good as Paragon, but that isn't usually the case in actual encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by seppy View Post
    since my rage replay is deleted

you clearly have no clue abt wl or what spec is in front.
    Btw i didnt delete anything lol i went to bed after posting this, Maybe a admin or something did and No way are Warlords infront... so neither do u lol, Warlords will never be infront of DPS they are half DPS half Tank which means they are going to work like someone hybridding tank and DPS... so they will never be that high as if they had More tankyness AND highest DPS they'd be OP

Plane Touched

Warlord is stronger than paragon but it is fully effected by melee DC. Unbuffed warlords can do 20K on the dummy......my alt in 5 blues can do 16.4K fully unbuffed on raid dummy far higher that my cleric or rogue in equal gear

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    The last time I checked (yesterday) it was definitely not WL at the top.. Paragon -> Harb -> Shaman + Assassin -> RB -> WL -> NB -> .... Inq/Pyro/Druid -> Rng/MM -> Warlock
    Pyro >>> Inq, so they should not be in the same group.

Once you take the encounter into question that order changes considerably. Especially when you have fights with AoE elements, in which case Shaman/Harb/RB/NB tend to be highest since they can spread damage very well - Harb and Shaman being the best DPS for fights with a lot of ST and some AoE mixed in (i.e. Gelidra, Kain, Regulos and even possibly Matriarch depending on crystals and RNG).
    These encounters are not ideal for Shaman. If you get perfect RNG, you can get a decent parse, but a well played Harb will parse the same every single pull. This is why Harb is currently the best ST spec in the game by an enormous margin. Further, Shaman spreads FW, which isn't a huge portion of our DPS. We can't blademark a childe, for instance, or blademark a turret on Ultane and do 400% dps to the boss, as another.

In fact, there is no ideal fight for Shaman. Harbinger is not the top on the dummy, but is beyond the top in real raids.

Basically Shaman is in a very good spot. Our slight DPS disadvantage compared to Paragon is overcome by our excellent AoE -- but Harb still has almost as much AoE without being much lower than Paragon. Assassin might need some mechanics changed because it's good at doing DPS, but requires too many conditions and can quickly fall behind. On pure dummy parsing Assassin actually does about as good as Paragon, but that isn't usually the case in actual encounters.
    AoE is not a valid reason for not having ST. No fight requires AoE. Because our disconnect DPS is the worst in the game, we should be beating everyone on the dummy by a big enough margin that with disconnects we are about equal. To match a Harbinger, that would put us at about 23k self buffed on the dummy, which sounds ridiculous, but is actually balanced.

Telaran

WL is top dps based off of pure AP and synergy. It beats all other current specs due to pure buffs

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zomtik View Post
    Pyro >>> Inq, so they should not be in the same group.

These encounters are not ideal for Shaman. If you get perfect RNG, you can get a decent parse, but a well played Harb will parse the same every single pull. This is why Harb is currently the best ST spec in the game by an enormous margin. Further, Shaman spreads FW, which isn't a huge portion of our DPS. We can't blademark a childe, for instance, or blademark a turret on Ultane and do 400% dps to the boss, as another.

In fact, there is no ideal fight for Shaman. Harbinger is not the top on the dummy, but is beyond the top in real raids.
    Huh? Do you Cleric? Shaman is ideal for almost any fight - as far as the combat system is concerned. It has disconnect issues, but so does Paragon and Assassin.

AoE is not a valid reason for not having ST. No fight requires AoE. Because our disconnect DPS is the worst in the game, we should be beating everyone on the dummy by a big enough margin that with disconnects we are about equal. To match a Harbinger, that would put us at about 23k self buffed on the dummy, which sounds ridiculous, but is actually balanced.
    AoE can make and break certain fights. It's true that currently Trion has not put an emphasis on AoE in many encounters, but that doesn't mean it wont matter in the next tier of raiding.

My post did indicate that Harb was an outlier due to it's considerable ST DPS with very strong AoE. Though a Shaman will still out-parse a Harb in pure AoE. Paragon and Assassin have next to no AoE for use, and Assassin suffer from positional damage bonus issues as well as significant disconnect problems.

Shaman is in a good place, not the most amazing best ever no one else should DPS place, but good enough to compete with the rest of the classes.

Pyro and Inq are pretty much equal at this time if you play Inq correctly and itemize your gear for crit power. Not sure why you feel Pyro is so superior.

Rift Disciple

Huh? Do you Cleric? Shaman is ideal for almost any fight - as far as the combat system is concerned. It has disconnect issues, but so does Paragon and Assassin.
    Shaman is ideal for no fight currently.

AoE can make and break certain fights. It's true that currently Trion has not put an emphasis on AoE in many encounters, but that doesn't mean it wont matter in the next tier of raiding.
    There is not a single fight where AoE makes or breaks the fight.

My post did indicate that Harb was an outlier due to it's considerable ST DPS with very strong AoE. Though a Shaman will still out-parse a Harb in pure AoE. Paragon and Assassin have next to no AoE for use, and Assassin suffer from positional damage bonus issues as well as significant disconnect problems.
    Again, AoE is irrelevant. Harb has better ST dps with much better disconnect DPS and blademark which is significantly better than FW spreading given existing mechanics.

Shaman is in a good place, not the most amazing best ever no one else should DPS place, but good enough to compete with the rest of the classes.

Pyro and Inq are pretty much equal at this time if you play Inq correctly and itemize your gear for crit power. Not sure why you feel Pyro is so superior.
    Pyro is not as prone to DPS drop-off, is much better at target swapping, and actually parses higher if played properly. These are almost necessary qualities in all raid content.
    Last edited by Zomtik; 08-03-2013 at 02:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread