+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric question

Shadowlander

Default Cleric question

Hello, I used to think Clerics were just the healing class but I see in RIFT they can also be a Damage class too. My question is there a way to mix both and still deal a lot of damage? Currently I am a level 28 mage (Necro with some Warlock) and find my survive-ability is low.

If anyone can shed some light on this question for me and if possible maybe some other info on Cleric that would be great.

You may ask..if I don't want to die a lot why not go Warrior...well because I always play warriors and I am kind of sick of them...they can get boring after a while.

Thanks.

D
    r
    u
    i
    d

t
    h
    e

w
    i
    n

bc

they are fun.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    D
    r
    u
    i
    d

t
    h
    e

w
    i
    n

bc

they are fun.
    This.

Especially with the last set of changes. Can't imagine any of the other cleric souls would be as good for leveling

Shadowlander

Full Druid? Is this spec great for damage and Survive-ability? I want a spec were a Raid or Group does not need to rely heavily upon me for like healing and the sorts. Damage of course.

Rift Disciple

You won't be doing much raiding as a Druid. Shaman and inquisitor are the raid specs. As cleric though, expect to be a healer in a raid often. That's true for mages too though
    Last edited by Chatlagh; 08-02-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Shadowlander

So druid is more PvE leveling build? And Shaman/Inquisition is more raid? Should I put another spec with Druid? Do one of the presets have druid as main?
    Last edited by MegaToxic; 08-02-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Shadowlander

Is druid a close combat cleric spec? I am seeing skills saying that you need a melee weapon so does this mean that druid is close combat? Thanks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chatlagh View Post
    This.

Especially with the last set of changes. Can't imagine any of the other cleric souls would be as good for leveling
    Lrn2Shaman.

Shadowlander

If someone could answer this question for me that would be great.

Is druid a close combat cleric spec? I am seeing skills saying that you need a melee weapon so does this mean that druid is close combat?

Rift Disciple

Druid is 99% melee. That said, go with whatever weapons increase your wis and SP the most.
    Last edited by Blarrg; 08-04-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blarrg View Post
    Druid is 99% melee. That said, go with whatever weapons increase your wis and SP the most.
    To expand upon that, clerics can use any weapon to melee with: stave, hammer or dagger etc. since weapon damage has no effect on damage, only spell power; go for the higher stat weapon.

If you want more survivability go as deep into justicar as you want since it's our only tank soul. Remember you also get a tank pet too, the satyr protector.

Default Holy Fire Shaman

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...g-revised.html

I've been running this build lately,
    1) Leveled 50-52, (feels like a self healing warrior, 2 shield buffs, and a charge)
    2) Leveled 30-32 alt cleric.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Shadowlander

I actually picked the preset that has Shaman, Druid, and Justicar (?) 61 Druid and 13 shaman. Seems to be working pretty well for me so far..I have been going with the two handed hammers they seem to have more wis then the staves. Im lvl 13 right now. But when I get higher level I am going to try this build-http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8g/DkGBiBhlkl8/n8
    Last edited by MegaToxic; 08-04-2013 at 09:35 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Maelystra's Avatar

I decided to try a druid-Inq-Sent for soloing in dusken and Brevane (so far only 46-20-4 points in each) and my gods it kills fast and with the two shields I get I'm never taking more than a couple hundred damage.

I've already got all the other usual specs and wanted to try something off the wall for the last one I hadn't filled yet.
    Last edited by Maelystra; 08-04-2013 at 07:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread