+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaman parse help

Default Shaman parse help

I'm currently use my own macro, which has been said to be a bad idea.
    Just one macro spam & 2 dots to worry about and yet i'm doing 23.3K DPS for 5mins in the full PTS tier 2 relic gear with trinket & crystal, max pa, max cq points, Luminescent Powerstone and a Heroic Brightsurge Vial in the Expert Dummy Foundry on a max health raid dummy.

Attachment 13059

Rotation is super simple apply Lightning Hammer & Vex refresh at 1-0 seconds and just spam the hell out the macro below.

#show Icy Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Deep Freeze
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Glacial Strike
    cast Jolt
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Rush of Strength
    cast Break Free

On the other hand I've tried using [2.2] Lazy Shaman's guide to "max" dps (karuul alert).
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...uul-alert.html

With the "Come Get Some" - Don't worry, button mashing is a legit strategy! (6 button shaman, basics, cooldowns, vex) setup; and I'm only getting 21.7K DPS for 5mins

That's a big difference in a parse and i would like some knowledgeable Shamans to see how much of a dps loss i should be getting with my long macro.
    To see if i'm failing Lazy Shaman's guide rotation.

You're going to get a bunch of people shouting at you for even considering this, but don't listen to em... unless they're your raid leader. ;)

I use a similar macro for frantic parts in fights where movement and dodging is far more important than DPS. The macro allows me to maintain a reasonable DPS while also being fully mobile and concentrating on that 100%. Last phase of Crucia, dodging lasers. Run phase on Zaviel. There are other situations. It's a handy macro to have.

It also helps when you're feeling lazy.

As for how it compares to the lazy guide. I imagine that's because the rotation has changed slightly. The Karuul is no longer valid.
    Last edited by Sikph; 08-02-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post

#show Icy Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Deep Freeze
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Glacial Strike
    cast Jolt
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Rush of Strength
    cast Break Free

On the other hand I've tried using [2.2] Lazy Shaman's guide to "max" dps (karuul alert).
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...uul-alert.html

With the "Come Get Some" - Don't worry, button mashing is a legit strategy! (6 button shaman, basics, cooldowns, vex) setup; and I'm only getting 21.7K DPS for 5mins

That's a big difference in a parse and i would like some knowledgeable Shamans to see how much of a dps loss i should be getting with my long macro.
    To see if i'm failing Lazy Shaman's guide rotation.
    damn lost all the stuff i typed before... have to retype it... crappy internet! I'll sum it up briefly

- The macro isn't bad, it just lessens your cooldowns effectivness.

- As for the guide, I plan on updating it in the next week or two to include some major improvements i've made since it was writen.

- The trick to geting the most out of the Karuul alerts is to use them as guidelines not as an exact method (due to limitations built into the KA addon). This is especially true when it comes to the cooldowns, I always save them for when the macro's #show UI tells me that FW or MB is coming off cooldown.

- The main point of the karuul alerts is to allow you to focus more on avoiding mechanics and cooldown timing rather than "what button do I push next". It allows you to get higher DPS on actual boss fights rather than the "perfect world" of the dummy.

- I suggest using the 5 button rotation without Vex, or the 7 button rotation (and disable Vex). Vex no longer gives that much of an increase so if you want to stay at 6 buttons use EoL instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikph View Post
    As for how it compares to the lazy guide. I imagine that's because the rotation has changed slightly. The Karuul is no longer valid.
    It should still work for the most part, but it might need a few minor tweaks to the timing. I was still able to parse above 25k using it on the PTS but I have changed it a bit since the guide was writen.

Update is on its way soon
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 08-02-2013 at 07:56 AM.

hmm thinking about it more, maybe Druid would be a good choice for you. It would probably parse higher with less hassle than shaman

+ Reply to Thread