+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid and Faerie Healing

Default Druid and Faerie Healing

I did some good research by browsing web forums on this before experimenting and did not come to immediate realization of what exactly to do, to make this effective, thus, the research and trials.

The Greater Faerie Healer can be used to provide consistent off-heals to you and your group as I have noticed by setting the pet first of all to 'Aggressive', and, also making sure that the ranged attack does not auto-cast.
    The reason these two conditions need to be met is that the pet will not heal allies other than the Cleric and the pet itself unless set to Aggressive. The ranged damage attack when set to auto-cast always takes priority over the two healing spells available.

Aggressive can be set to the active pet state by left clicking; click it and forget it. Auto-cast on pet spells is noticed by the gold-like glow that revolves around the skill; right clicking toggles pet abilities on and off from the auto-cast rotation.

Ascendant

Yeah I noticed damage takes priority over heals. I wasn't aware of the aggressive stance to activate group heals so it's interesting. I doubt it has anything to do with the class but the game's pet mechanics itself. Maybe Kervik will see this thread and find a workaround to the issue since he seems open to suggestions to small annoyances players have.

I've not played with Dendrome yet so maybe I'll brush off my druid levelling spec and try the new content then!

Certainly the coding is to blame but that is the beauty of patching modern games on computers. I play Druid support for solo play in the world environment, or to take swats at other players for a change of pace in Warfronts.
    I know when I play my main healing spec in WF's, I just don't have time to waste a GCD on damage dealing unless to interrupt another player using an objective, and the damage dealt is feeble under all conditions, same goes for the Faerie...

The Greater Faerie Healer is poop in a group setting in my experience. I can stand, in combat or out of combat, with 70 % health... and no matter passive/aggressive settings, she wont heal me. When soloing, it's a different story. The only annoying thing when solo is that she detargets me between heals, making it take 2.5 seconds between them (because the AI must recalculate which person needs healing - when solo x( ) instead of the talented 1.5.

As the OP said, the fairy can be used but it is pretty unreliable. The amount of times she'll get stuck in scenery, stop moving or stop casting altogether is ridiculous.

That said, when she does function. I have a nice Druid/Justicar spec that can heal experts and still do over 10k DPS.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

+ Reply to Thread