+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By usman
  • 1 Post By irkiz

Thread: Dark Water

Default Dark Water

First: Yay for Dark Water! Finally, a good single target cabalist spell! And low enough in the tree so that lots of other builds can use it too.

Second: Can we get an extra second or two on the dot duration? It doesn't fit well in rotations at 15s. Because it is meant to be refreshed before it ends, compared to all our other 15s dots which are meant to be refreshed after they end.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

The only stupid thing is the traveltime of the spell, that is why you need to refresh it a gcd earlier.
    Last edited by Hotandcold; 08-01-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    Previous Guild: Legit Shard: Gelidra Land: Deutschland

I think even without travel time it would be a rotation problem.

Normal cleric dot lasts 15s and you are meant to let it fall off before you refresh it. Or you lose the last tick. Right? So you must wait the full 15s at least. Dark water lasts 15s and you are meant to avoid having it fall off. So you must recast in less than 15s.

If you refresh dark water at 14s, it will come up one spot sooner in every rotation, ruining the consistency. Unless you refresh your other dots at 14s too, wasting their last tick.
    I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

It's pretty annoying.

Rift Chaser

I have to say dark water is the thing i dislike the most about the new ranged dps rotation.

its not even the travel time or timing, its the fact you need to stack it up 3 times and then maintain it.

I am just not a fan of "spam this button 3 times in a row" to get it started mechanics.

though i will say it turns soloing into a ridiculously tedious task. start with a bolt and spam dark water 3 times in a row. next mob. bolt, 3x DW, next mob....

not sure why Ahov thought this somehow made the cleric rotation interesting. its tedious.

Rift Chaser

just look at the initial setup for the spec ive been running : 58 inq, 6 def, 8 cab ...

dark water
    dark water
    dark water
    curse of discord
    vex
    scourge
    sanction heretic
    siphon vitality

that is 8 casts just on set-up time

then due to travel time and not wanting dark water to need 3 casts again, about every 12 seconds i will use another 6 casts on these dots.

so even after initial set-up i will spend 50% of my time just maintaining dots.

i just do not find that dynamic or interesting. i am not sure how the outspoken testing person thought this was so amazing. i guess they love 'dem dots.

Rift Chaser

it never lets me edit posts.

i think what needs to happen is clerics get abilities similar to warlocks.

an ability on a short cooldown that refreshes all active dots on the target.

also the ability to store and re-apply the dots would be nice too so this tedious process could be avoided once you got rolling.

right now cleric ranged dps is functioning as a dot class, just like a warlock, except it doesnt have the tools of the warlock to handle target swaps or to remove the tediousness of it.

You could also put up Scourge, Vex, fire a couple of BoJ and go to the next mob in a solo situation, rather than annoying yourself with Dark Water. You don't need to have the same rotation in open world and in raid. You can also have the old spec and perform almost the same dps while having more survivability.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Shadowlander

Being able to spread dots to other targets would be great. Right now target switching is a pain and a big dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumFritz View Post
    just look at the initial setup for the spec ive been running : 58 inq, 6 def, 8 cab ...

dark water
    dark water
    dark water
    curse of discord
    vex
    scourge
    sanction heretic
    siphon vitality

Last time I checked, 61inq/10cab/5def is the way to go. That asside I don't think it increases dps to put in CoD and SV. I know the opener most prefer is Scourge > Vex > DW > SH > DW > BoJ > DW > BoJx3. That or move a DW to the first cast. This opener is 10 abilities long, but only has 6 essentials in terms of our dots.

Anyways, as much as I hate how poor this is at target switching, I still much prefer this rotation to the previous style, regardless of the dps increase. Also, 1s GCD is a win.
    Last edited by Daergo; 08-02-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Soulwalker

It doesn't seem to me that casting dw three times in a row is right, at least in a raid setting, since you lose out on the dot damage for the first and second stacks. Instead, apply one stack of it at first and then refresh normally. That doesn't much help with it having a different duration to every other dot, but it does mean you aren't mashing dw at opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyqua View Post
    It doesn't seem to me that casting dw three times in a row is right, at least in a raid setting, since you lose out on the dot damage for the first and second stacks. Instead, apply one stack of it at first and then refresh normally. That doesn't much help with it having a different duration to every other dot, but it does mean you aren't mashing dw at opening.
    Hm you miss two ticks but the first dot tick would tick for three times as much. I dunnoooo
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

dark water
    dark water
    dark water
    curse of discord
    vex
    scourge
    sanction heretic
    siphon vitality

then due to travel time and not wanting dark water to need 3 casts again, about every 12 seconds i will use another 6 casts on these dots.

i just do not find that dynamic or interesting. i am not sure how the outspoken testing person thought this was so amazing. i guess they love 'dem dots.
    /facepalm.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

dark water
    dark water
    dark water
    curse of discord
    vex
    scourge
    sanction heretic
    siphon vitality

Gave me a good laugh...
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

+ Reply to Thread