+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BoJ/BoR

Soulwalker

Default BoJ/BoR

I am having some difficulty locating the post, but when Spiritual Scrutiny was changed and reduced the cast time of BoJ to instant, wasnt there some discussion about the change being intended to give us a DPS option while moving? Hence the damage reduction on BoJ. Now with the GCD reduction, shouldn't BoJ be reduced further or BoR given a slight bump so that it always makes sense while standing still to use BoR?

Forgive me if this was brought up in other discussion, I don't spend as much time on these forums as I probably should.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus176 View Post
    I am having some difficulty locating the post, but when Spiritual Scrutiny was changed and reduced the cast time of BoJ to instant, wasnt there some discussion about the change being intended to give us a DPS option while moving? Hence the damage reduction on BoJ. Now with the GCD reduction, shouldn't BoJ be reduced further or BoR given a slight bump so that it always makes sense while standing still to use BoR?

Forgive me if this was brought up in other discussion, I don't spend as much time on these forums as I probably should.
    It was discussed during the PTS testing process by many parties. The end result is that we have a more "complicated" DPS rotation now with the inclusion of BoJ. This means that BoR is the go to spell for when you have Echoes of Concord active, but BoJ will net more DPS (due to proc'ing Life & Death Concord more quickly) when EoC is not active.

BoJ is still the spell to use while moving, obviously, but it is also now more than just filler when you have to reposition.

Rift Disciple

Further reducing the cast time on boj would have it cast 0.5 seconds before you hit the button. That might actually validate the nerf clerics threads we're gonna see after the guilds have their weekend raids.

Champion

I can't WAIT for the nerf cleric threads. I have some popcorn ready to go.
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

My parses showed spamming BoR still outdps'd BoJ in a standard rotation with BoD..

Quote Originally Posted by TadaceAce View Post
    My parses showed spamming BoR still outdps'd BoJ in a standard rotation with BoD..
    Post your parses or it didn't happen. Burden of proof, etc. etc. Try to parse using the standard (PTS dummies at level 60 using T2 Raid gear).
    Last edited by bombasy; 08-01-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus176 View Post

I actually feel the same way as you, BoR should always be a DPS increase over BoJ. However, a certain Cleric (not going to name a name, but I bet you'll guess who on the first try) was complaining that 5x BoR and then BoD was "too easy," so now max DPS is (after a BoD) 2x BoR, 3x BoJ, then BoD.

Fun fact: Allegedly, 5x BoJ + BoD in new Inquis is higher DPS than 5x BoR + BoD of old Inquis.

Rift Chaser

I would prefer if BoR was always a better choice for standing still dps and BoJ was a movement spell. I think that is how it was envisioned. This 0 point ability is better than a 40 point ability seems like unnecessary complication.

Telaran

Rift Chaser

What is that? My teacher taught me not to accept candy or click on unknown links from strangers.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    What is that? My teacher taught me not to accept candy or click on unknown links from strangers.
    echo stacks. and its imgur......

Rift Chaser

ok I see it but why are you showing it to me?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    ok I see it but why are you showing it to me?
    who are you? Do you even cleric?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lastborn View Post
    who are you? Do you even cleric?
    Maybe people would understand you better if you would make sentences with more than 2 words. ;)

What Lastborn means is that echoing concord stacks from one Unified Theory to the next. ´Means, if you didn't use up the echo stacks until Unified Theory is ready again, you won't lose them but just get more of them.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnus View Post
    Maybe people would understand you better if you would make sentences with more than 2 words. ;)

What Lastborn means is that echoing concord stacks from one Unified Theory to the next. ´Means, if you didn't use up the echo stacks until Unified Theory is ready again, you won't lose them but just get more of them.
    Explanations are not needed for those who understand what they are looking at ;)
    Last edited by Lastborn; 08-02-2013 at 02:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast