+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BoJ consuming echoing concord?

Default BoJ consuming echoing concord?

This seems silly to be honest especially when spiritual scrutiny makes BoJ instant cast, is this intended to stop EC getting to 5 stacks? i am confused.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    This seems silly to be honest especially when spiritual scrutiny makes BoJ instant cast, is this intended to stop EC getting to 5 stacks? i am confused.
    No, it's for sub-60 Inquisitor builds. Not everyone is level 60 playing inquisitor, has Spiritual Scrutiny, or even Bolt of Retribution. It's a minor annoyance, but you just have to be careful with your Echo stacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    No, it's for sub-60 Inquisitor builds. Not everyone is level 60 playing inquisitor, has Spiritual Scrutiny, or even Bolt of Retribution. It's a minor annoyance, but you just have to be careful with your Echo stacks!
    Maybe it would be better if they made i so at a higher level it only works on BoR

Yea, having BoJ take off stacks is annoying. Something Trion could do is create 2 seperate buffs, one that does BoJ reduction and one that does BoR reduction. So players can use either one they want until they have the instant cast buff, and then switch to just the BoR reduction.

Adds an added benefit of being able to stack a high number of the reduced cast time stacks (forgot the name) for boss fights that require a lot of moving and then able to cast for awhile. First fight that comes to mind is something like Progenitor. When you have to move during those phases, your stacks are just going to waste. But if you have to frequently move and then have a span to spam out your reduced cast BoR's, those extra stacks could come in handy.
    Greybriar:
    Voraj - 4x Mage
    Voraje - 6x Cleric
    Teo - 6x Rogue

Rift Disciple

It's designed to make the spec a little more complex and engaging to play. I'm still trying to get the hang of it, but I like how Inq plays now.

Games aren't fun if there isn't a challenge. This is one of two ways the Inq is now more challenging (and imo, more fun) to play.
    Last edited by Eskatol; 08-01-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Rift Chaser

Why does it matter? Just don't use BoJ when you have stacks, problem solved.
    Last edited by THEFUNKBOT; 08-01-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    Why does it matter? Just don't use BoJ when you have stacks, problem solved.
    Because I PvP and its annoying that when I have to move my spam macro consumes it.

Having been an avid Shaman player since it was identified as our best damage spec, I'd only gotten around to really using Inquisitor today with the world bosses, since it's much more effective to be ranged. I have to say at first, the rotation was a bit messy, but you quickly warm to it. Before when playing Inquisitor it was unbelievably boring and repetitive, at least now you have more things to watch and maintain. It's a fun challenge. You can stick to the old rotations if you're feeling lazy, but have the opportunity to tweak it to its full potential, which I think is exactly what we needed.

tldr:
    Not too fussed by this, since it makes the spec more engaging and rewarding for attentive play.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    Because I PvP and its annoying that when I have to move my spam macro consumes it.
    Macro's in RIFT are what seperate the boys from the men.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Macro's in RIFT are what seperate the boys from the men.
    Yeeeess Seatin, but he has no choice. BoJ is our spam skill, regardless of whether it's in a macro or not. If you have to move, you will lose the stacks.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Sikph View Post
    Yeeeess Seatin, but he has no choice. BoJ is our spam skill, regardless of whether it's in a macro or not. If you have to move, you will lose the stacks.
    There is always a choice.

http://g2speaks.com/wp-content/uploa...lureChoice.jpg

Which road are you going to travel down?
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

If you don't move out of the bad stuff then you're headed towards failure lol

dbe
    General of Telara

My reasoning for BoJ not consuming stacks is that it doesn't actually utilize the buff. Similary, there are other souls that proc your next spell to be instant, but if you use an already-instant spell it does not consume the proc.

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eskatol View Post
    It's designed to make the spec a little more complex and engaging to play. I'm still trying to get the hang of it, but I like how Inq plays now.

Games aren't fun if there isn't a challenge. This is one of two ways the Inq is now more challenging (and imo, more fun) to play.
    It wasn't "designed" that way, and the BoJ/EC issue is not the sole source (or even A source) of complexity.

What you been up to anyway seatin? Haven't spoken to you on twitch in a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast