+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid DPS

Shield of Telara

Default Druid DPS

Straight up single target druid DPS is a little meh. As in using the old skills with the new buffs and new skills mixed in. I saw about a 1300 DPS increase. Still not comparable to other single target DPS classes by a long shot. No runes and all IS gear I am doing about 6200 DPS now up from just under 4800 for the past who knows how long. Maybe with a 'perfect' rotation I might see 6500, but I dont think so.

Now AOE DPS has gone trough the roof. I have a couple druid/INQ builds and the INQ side in regards to AOE has almost doubled. Was getting just over 10K now its about 18K. Farming bees in Dendrome anyway, I grab 9 at a time and it would take a little bit as the AOE wouldnt overlap. Now I basically one shot between 5 and 7 with fanaticism and soul drain. Then just run a CoO and that finishes the last ones off.

I havent messed around with any other combos but as it is I dont think I need to.

The old stand by defiler build is now a pure group option and that is only for healing purposes. The Druid/INQ build I have now doesnt need heals. Even in invasions. Did a couple of those as well and even with the earth queens or whatever they are pumping those massive DOTs down on me it wasnt an issue because they are dead pretty quickly, used ot be if you got one on you you had to be careful.

Will try the Cab/Inq build tomorrow in a group with a decent tank to see how that one has jumped, I can imagine it has seen an even bigger jump.

Telaran

The only negatives I have found so far with the re-tooling is that the pet gets damaged far more easily, with its ap/sp debuff gone, as well as our missing stun. However, the damage has definitely increased.

The hard part in testing dps is to see if all the extra melee instant skills are worth their weight or not. Some definitely are, and some require consecutive upkeep.

Last, the pet is still not proc'ing Thorns of Ire, even when no one else is. It specifically says attacker on the skill.

Rift Master

YMMV I guess.

I've moved away from my Cleric; its gear is poor and has no crystals but a few tests yielded...

Shaman: 12.5k
    Inquisitor: 11.5k
    Druid: 13.0

I do play Shaman simply, so it's not min maxed but still... didn't expect that Druid increase.

dbe
    General of Telara

For me it's doing as much as Inq and just behind shaman.

It's about what stats you have. Remember that different souls, talent and abilities gain more from one stat or the other. Perhaps you're wearing a lot of crit power, or balanced between SP and SC... or... yeah :P

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Krumelur View Post
    It's about what stats you have. Remember that different souls, talent and abilities gain more from one stat or the other. Perhaps you're wearing a lot of crit power, or balanced between SP and SC... or... yeah :P
    Its all relative I guess. I know what I did before and I know what I do now. some might say an increase of 25% or so is significant, but that is the thing about percentages, when the original numbers sucked then any increase percentage wise is not going to be that extreme.

As for stats the ones that matter are Wisdom 2060 and SP 4633 self buffed. Not sure how those stack up with the average but they dont seem too bad to me.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rodarin View Post
    Its all relative I guess. I know what I did before and I know what I do now. some might say an increase of 25% or so is significant, but that is the thing about percentages, when the original numbers sucked then any increase percentage wise is not going to be that extreme.

As for stats the ones that matter are Wisdom 2060 and SP 4633 self buffed. Not sure how those stack up with the average but they dont seem too bad to me.
    crit power is what will set inq and shaman apart from druid. druid caps at 500CP due to the pet, so if you're over that you aren't getting the full effect
    Icecubetray - 60 Rogue
    Bongmaster - 60 Mage
    Tronzilla - 60 Warrior
    Herpzalot - 60 Cleric
    Stickybudz - 55 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Rodarin View Post

I have
    2087 Wisdom,
    5015 SP,
    30 % Crit chance (with Inq armor) and
    12 % crit power.

The build I used (it's most probably not the best one, I had to throw something together - also macro's / binds need rework, that I know)

I just did a 5:18 minute parse and came out with 11.6k dps... and that's with lots of screw ups - I need to learn to use Mimicry and Resounding much better, also let the dots and Eruption of Life fall off a few times. Here're three pics, on an Expert Dummy:

Druid DPS-1.jpg
    Druid DPS-2.png
    Druid DPS-3.png

Edit: God xD I forgot to use the Druid Gilded Synergy Crystal

I was thinking about it.

How would people feel if life surge lowered the CD of Fae Mimicry instead of resounding? It would make it easier to line up burst and probably would be an overall dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I was thinking about it.

How would people feel if life surge lowered the CD of Fae Mimicry instead of resounding? It would make it easier to line up burst and probably would be an overall dps increase.
    I'd get behind that ^_^

I wanted to see how far I could burst in my gear so I tried 11 warden;
    Druid DPS-4.png

Shield of Telara

I am not full 61 in Druid maybe that has something to do with some of it. 48 is as deep as I have gone in one build. So I lose out on subtly and mimicry.

I have always tried the hybrid builds since its all about pulling as many mobs as you can and still survive. At least in PvE. So I am generally all about Dru/Inq/Just. I hadnt tried a Sham tree in a year, until this morning.

I will probably waste some plat and try a few things to see. A couple of builds are pretty close so I can probably eliminate one of them. Also roles arent outrageous now 100P or 63 credits. At least for 5 and 6 (havent bought 6 yet so not sure if 7 gets more or not.)

+ Reply to Thread