+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Cleric Changes

Default Cleric Changes

So overall, I think the changes they made to the Druid are... DUMB

•The Druid's support utility was completely removed. Of course you could claim that relative to the other support classes the Druid fell short. There wasn't much the Druid could do that another support class couldn't do equal to or better.
    •The Eruption of Life / Responding Blow functionality of reduces it's CD by 1.5s... I was thinking "another Massive Blow mechanic? You couldn't think of something else?".
    •What was wrong with Life Breach? I loved the way Life Breach worked, it was great.
    •Why are you limiting Cleric AoE even more (not only with the Druid, but Shaman)? Can we get any decent non-AoE that isn't Cabalist?

Don't get me wrong, I love what they did for the Cabalist, looks well, but I think they made the Druid less unique.

One in every crowd...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    One in every crowd...
    Yep. Le sigh.

I wonder if he knows that they got rid of the support stuff and ramped up the DPS because cleric's are receiving a heavy heavy support soul in the future.

Probably not.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by RickWolford View Post
    So overall, I think the changes they made to the Druid are... DUMB

•The Druid's support utility was completely removed. Of course you could claim that relative to the other support classes the Druid fell short. There wasn't much the Druid could do that another support class couldn't do equal to or better.
    •The Eruption of Life / Responding Blow functionality of reduces it's CD by 1.5s... I was thinking "another Massive Blow mechanic? You couldn't think of something else?".
    •What was wrong with Life Breach? I loved the way Life Breach worked, it was great.
    •Why are you limiting Cleric AoE even more (not only with the Druid, but Shaman)? Can we get any decent non-AoE that isn't Cabalist?

Don't get me wrong, I love what they did for the Cabalist, looks well, but I think they made the Druid less unique.
    Kervik has been posting about this and it has been available on the PTS to play around with for WEEKS and you come on patch day to ***** and whine about it?
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

WTF guys I didn't know about any of the stuff you just mentioned. I got back from summer semester and this is what I see. You could of just said so instead of being *******s about it.
    Last edited by RickWolford; 07-31-2013 at 06:21 PM.

WTF guys I didn't know about any of the stuff you just mentioned. I got back from summer semester and this is what I see. You could of just said so instead of being *******s about it.
    "If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that." - Stephen King.

Or

“Think before you [type]. Read before you think.” - Fran Lebowitz
    (The word in the square brackets was "speak" - I just made it more appropriate for the context).

I personally feel both apply, what are your thoughts on this matter?
    Last edited by Solaxys; 07-31-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Ascendant

Dependency is a crutch. Get off your *** (metaphorically) and do some searching. Check the forums, or hell, even the patch notes would suffice.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    One in every crowd...

How is druid not unique? I can't come up with any other soul that works like druid...

^ what they all said

also

PS - druid AoE got buffed as well via the combined effort change, and we always have had shaman which is pretty high up there

ahh... a kid... I never could have guess that......................
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

L2R or L2S is all well and good, but this thread is a good example of being a jerk to a newbie. Just because you (and you, and you, and I) have the time to read every thread, especially in the PTS forum, doesn't mean 90% of Rift players do.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    L2R or L2S is all well and good, but this thread is a good example of being a jerk to a newbie. Just because you (and you, and you, and I) have the time to read every thread, especially in the PTS forum, doesn't mean 90% of Rift players do.
    Not just a newbie, but obviously a kid. Imagine if some kid in real life asked a question about something he could have read somewhere. Would you answer his question anyway, because, you know, that's what non-sociopaths do? Or would you give him a lecture on how he should have gone home and googled it instead of taking up your valuable time?

It's amazing to me how people don't even seem to be aware how they come across to other people. Kind of sad, really.

Champion

Druid wasn't used in its previous form at all, outside of leveling. And if it was, you'd be harassed and called bad, because well, it was bad. At least, now, in its current state -- you can lulzspam 3 buttons and still eek out acceptable DPS in a pug group or whatnot.

This also sets up the 3.0 support soul as being the one true support soul the clerics have, and not the cluster of support/dps/potential pet healing it had prior.
    [CENTER]
    Cleric Tank - Trinity - 100k HP Club
    3/3 IG | 4/5 PB

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Doesn't have to read every thread, just the whole patch notes

*sigh* thanks to that one person who defended me. And I'm 29, not a child. I'm in college...
    And I looked in the PTS notes and found nothing about a 3.0 support soul. I don't have time to read every thread like I did in vanilla RIFT. People are so rude. This isn't WoW, people. Grow up and learn to deal with issues without verbally attacking others.
    Anyway. Sorry for posting with out looking first (even when I did look I found nothing).
    Last edited by RickWolford; 08-01-2013 at 01:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast