+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Cleric Changes

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser RickWolford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default Cleric Changes

    So overall, I think the changes they made to the Druid are... DUMB

    •The Druid's support utility was completely removed. Of course you could claim that relative to the other support classes the Druid fell short. There wasn't much the Druid could do that another support class couldn't do equal to or better.
    •The Eruption of Life / Responding Blow functionality of reduces it's CD by 1.5s... I was thinking "another Massive Blow mechanic? You couldn't think of something else?".
    •What was wrong with Life Breach? I loved the way Life Breach worked, it was great.
    •Why are you limiting Cleric AoE even more (not only with the Druid, but Shaman)? Can we get any decent non-AoE that isn't Cabalist?

    Don't get me wrong, I love what they did for the Cabalist, looks well, but I think they made the Druid less unique.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    One in every crowd...

  3. #3
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    One in every crowd...
    Yep. Le sigh.

    I wonder if he knows that they got rid of the support stuff and ramped up the DPS because cleric's are receiving a heavy heavy support soul in the future.

    Probably not.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer bombasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickWolford View Post
    So overall, I think the changes they made to the Druid are... DUMB

    •The Druid's support utility was completely removed. Of course you could claim that relative to the other support classes the Druid fell short. There wasn't much the Druid could do that another support class couldn't do equal to or better.
    •The Eruption of Life / Responding Blow functionality of reduces it's CD by 1.5s... I was thinking "another Massive Blow mechanic? You couldn't think of something else?".
    •What was wrong with Life Breach? I loved the way Life Breach worked, it was great.
    •Why are you limiting Cleric AoE even more (not only with the Druid, but Shaman)? Can we get any decent non-AoE that isn't Cabalist?

    Don't get me wrong, I love what they did for the Cabalist, looks well, but I think they made the Druid less unique.
    Kervik has been posting about this and it has been available on the PTS to play around with for WEEKS and you come on patch day to ***** and whine about it?
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser RickWolford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    WTF guys I didn't know about any of the stuff you just mentioned. I got back from summer semester and this is what I see. You could of just said so instead of being *******s about it.
    Last edited by RickWolford; 07-31-2013 at 06:21 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Solaxys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickWolford View Post
    WTF guys I didn't know about any of the stuff you just mentioned. I got back from summer semester and this is what I see. You could of just said so instead of being *******s about it.
    "If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that." - Stephen King.

    Or

    “Think before you [type]. Read before you think.” - Fran Lebowitz
    (The word in the square brackets was "speak" - I just made it more appropriate for the context).

    I personally feel both apply, what are your thoughts on this matter?
    Last edited by Solaxys; 07-31-2013 at 06:28 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickWolford View Post
    WTF guys I didn't know about any of the stuff you just mentioned. I got back from summer semester and this is what I see. You could of just said so instead of being *******s about it.
    Dependency is a crutch. Get off your *** (metaphorically) and do some searching. Check the forums, or hell, even the patch notes would suffice.
    \

  8. #8
    Rift Master Krumelur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    One in every crowd...


    How is druid not unique? I can't come up with any other soul that works like druid...

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    ^ what they all said


    also

    PS - druid AoE got buffed as well via the combined effort change, and we always have had shaman which is pretty high up there

  10. #10
    Ascendant BishopX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickWolford View Post
    WTF guys I didn't know about any of the stuff you just mentioned. I got back from summer semester and this is what I see. You could of just said so instead of being *******s about it.
    ahh... a kid... I never could have guess that......................
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

  11. #11
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,763

    Default

    L2R or L2S is all well and good, but this thread is a good example of being a jerk to a newbie. Just because you (and you, and you, and I) have the time to read every thread, especially in the PTS forum, doesn't mean 90% of Rift players do.

  12. #12
    General of Telara Ardor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    L2R or L2S is all well and good, but this thread is a good example of being a jerk to a newbie. Just because you (and you, and you, and I) have the time to read every thread, especially in the PTS forum, doesn't mean 90% of Rift players do.
    Not just a newbie, but obviously a kid. Imagine if some kid in real life asked a question about something he could have read somewhere. Would you answer his question anyway, because, you know, that's what non-sociopaths do? Or would you give him a lecture on how he should have gone home and googled it instead of taking up your valuable time?

    It's amazing to me how people don't even seem to be aware how they come across to other people. Kind of sad, really.

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Druid wasn't used in its previous form at all, outside of leveling. And if it was, you'd be harassed and called bad, because well, it was bad. At least, now, in its current state -- you can lulzspam 3 buttons and still eek out acceptable DPS in a pug group or whatnot.

    This also sets up the 3.0 support soul as being the one true support soul the clerics have, and not the cluster of support/dps/potential pet healing it had prior.
    [CENTER]
    Cleric Tank - Trinity - 100k HP Club
    3/3 IG | 4/5 PB

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    L2R or L2S is all well and good, but this thread is a good example of being a jerk to a newbie. Just because you (and you, and you, and I) have the time to read every thread, especially in the PTS forum, doesn't mean 90% of Rift players do.
    Doesn't have to read every thread, just the whole patch notes

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser RickWolford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    *sigh* thanks to that one person who defended me. And I'm 29, not a child. I'm in college...
    And I looked in the PTS notes and found nothing about a 3.0 support soul. I don't have time to read every thread like I did in vanilla RIFT. People are so rude. This isn't WoW, people. Grow up and learn to deal with issues without verbally attacking others.
    Anyway. Sorry for posting with out looking first (even when I did look I found nothing).
    Last edited by RickWolford; 08-01-2013 at 01:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts