+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: foul growth stacks

Rift Disciple

Default foul growth stacks

I think it would be worth looking at how foul growth stacks (especially when it prods off damage). Generally, you'll want your heals hitting people... But as it's coded now, when a new stack comes up, the count down starts over.... Meaning that if you continually dps, your heal never actually goes off.

True, it can be handy to prestack, to save the big heal for when you need it... But when you have three stacks and another procs, your old one is lost.

Perhaps with necros stepping on our turf, we could use this looked at. Any ideas how you'd like it changed? Maybe a fourth stack ignites a previous one? Maybe have them separate rebuffs so a new one doesn't keep delaying older ones?

You're supposed to use your other heals to set off the foul growth stacks, not stand around for ten seconds until they go off.

Reading tooltips can save a lot of time and effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragerblade View Post
    Know your place and don't talk to me ok?
    Faeblight
    60 Cleric - 60 Mage - 60 Rogue

That is the point of the passive stacks. They are essentially "heal charges" that you can trigger with either single target heals or Feedback. They are not supposed to go off on their own. They also provide a decent health buff while they are active.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-30-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mohrb View Post
    Maybe a fourth stack ignites a previous one? Maybe have them separate rebuffs so a new one doesn't keep delaying older ones?
    I like the idea of a fourth proccing a heal of some sort. I think having a 4th stack proc or refresh Hideous Reconstruction would be great but i don't know if something like that would even be possible to do. I say HR because it would be of much more use to the linked targets than a single FG that may or may not be overheal when it occurs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    That is the point of the passive stacks. They are essentially "heal charges" that you can trigger with either single target heals or Feedback. They are not supposed to go off on their own. They also provide a decent health buff while they are active.
    Could be wrong but i believe the OP is talking about the wasted Rampant Growth procs you get after 3 stacks are active. It is simply a refresher at that point and he is merely suggesting an idea to improve it. Not about how to trigger the 3 stacks.
    Last edited by haybale; 07-30-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Could be wrong but i believe the OP is talking about the wasted Rampant Growth procs you get after 3 stacks are active. Not about how to trigger the 3 stacks.
    It's not wasted because, while the growths are being refreshed, the HP buff from Metamorphosis stays up- And the changes he talked about wouldn't help the wastefulness of rampant growth, so I assume OP was talking about setting them off.
    Faeblight

Overstacks exploding on their own would be nice addition for passive healing. Hideous Reconstruction is on its own, the best ST HoT in the game, but I'd definitely enjoy healing dungeons if I could essentially DPS all of the time and just let the overstacks help with tank heals.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Sikph View Post
    Overstacks exploding on their own would be nice addition for passive healing. Hideous Reconstruction is on its own, the best ST HoT in the game, but I'd definitely enjoy healing dungeons if I could essentially DPS all of the time and just let the overstacks help with tank heals.
    I'd be for this but I'd rather not deal with all the "QQ DEFILER BURST IS SO OP WAAAAAH"

It would be nice, though.
    Faeblight

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Scerenis View Post
    It's not wasted because, while the growths are being refreshed, the HP buff from Metamorphosis stays up- And the changes he talked about wouldn't help the wastefulness of rampant growth, so I assume OP was talking about setting them off.
    Which is why he asked for ideas on how to improve it and suggested a few himself. They don't have to be perfect, they are just opinions. Learn to read before assuming its a L2p issue and that the OP can't understand tooltips.

I agree Rampant Growth's repetitive proc after stacks are full are not a complete waste due to the refreshing of Meta as you pointed out but there is always room for it to be better.

Ascendant

Yea defiler could use a little extra either in the way of heals or DPS. This could be a start but i assumed that Kervik would not be touching Defiler or Justicar when this whole soul update started. Could happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scerenis View Post
    I'd be for this but I'd rather not deal with all the "QQ DEFILER BURST IS SO OP WAAAAAH"

It would be nice, though.
    They already did QQ, and they always will. Buff any class and the others will complain regardless of evening the playing field.

Twitch Stream

eehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can see that going really bad really fast. They are fairly strong heals and that shouldnt be passively done.

Honestly, if you need them popped, you can heal, either ST or AoE, if you dont need to heal, it doesnt matter if they refresh or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    eehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I can see that going really bad really fast. They are fairly strong heals and that shouldnt be passively done.

Honestly, if you need them popped, you can heal, either ST or AoE, if you dont need to heal, it doesnt matter if they refresh or not.

Come to think about it, raid-geared, that's a high chance of approx 4k heals popping every time you use a damaging ability. That is pretty high. What if self-proccing foul growths were reduced by a percentage?

I mean, I really like the idea of having more passive heals in the spec that doesn't rely on casting our HoT, or speccing into Justicar where the heals are pretty weak anyway. You have the option of blowing the stacks as always, but then you have to build up to decent passive heals again.

Defiler has been a pretty unique spec up until the Necro changes. I'd like to see our DPS brought up a tad and less reliance on Pain Transmission. Sick of melee links running away from targets and ruining my DPS.
    Last edited by Sikph; 07-30-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Twitch Stream

Champion of Telara

How much does a single stack of Foul Growth heal for? As much as a Healing Invocation? I mean, HI takes 2s to cast, and has some side effects. It would be pretty cool if your Hideous Reconstruction would proc 1x stack of Foul Growth every 3 seconds. Most of the time a Defiler is running Rage Blight in instances anyway since their healing is non-essential / spot heals for tanks. This would give some incentive to actually put on the other blight (use it so rarely I don't even remember it's name off the top of my head).

Come to think about it, raid-geared, that's a high chance of approx 4k heals popping every time you use a damaging ability. That is pretty high. What if self-proccing foul growths were reduced by a percentage?
    I guess, but that seems like a waste. What if something happens and you need to aoe heal at that point and no one has any growths or only 1 up? Sounds like trouble if you are MH.

I mean, I really like the idea of having more passive heals in the spec that doesn't rely on casting our HoT, or speccing into Justicar where the heals are pretty weak anyway. You have the option of blowing the stacks as always, but then you have to build up to decent passive heals again.
    I'd cosign on changing feast of the falling to a salvation type deal under greifs blight and change it into a static discharge type deal under rage blight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast