+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Redcruxs

Thread: Just looking for advise, or pointed in the right direction

Soulwalker

Default Just looking for advise, or pointed in the right direction

I played when Rift first came out then some IRL issues accrued and stopped playing for awhile.

Now with that being said looking for some advise about my Cleric. My current build is this http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmyfslgutIbRIMGkfzvrvAuz . Ok just wanting to get some thoughts or advise or better the build or should I just reroll my character. I am asking is because it feels like i am falling behind in the dps charts, and I would like to improve to make a better build.

Soulwalker

Well man, I had similar issues - i'm a returning player aswell. I play in PvE aswell as PvP and it seems for now one of your best choices might be to go 61 Inq / x / x. Inquisitor has nice dps for pve content, a simple rotation with mostly instant cast abilities and few casted/channels... And similarly in pvp - added you get an AoE Fear, Knockback, and a 3s Confuse (Perfect to time with Fanaticism+Nysyr's Rebuke).

Melee is a little rough right now, unless you're headstrong into staying melee --- I'd go ranged, I did - and im doing great dps in pve and in the top of my division/wf's typically.

Soulwalker

Thank you for your reply I will take the advise and see how that works out for me.

Our main DPS souls are getting buffed in our hotfix this week, as long as Kervik get's it all sorted in time. So you should see your numbers pick up considerably.

For maximum Shaman DPS, you'll want this build:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#lkGBlhlkll4/D88/n8

It's not totally ideal for soloing. You can replace either Druid or Inquisitor for Justicar to get more HP/Armor/Resists and self-healing.

To ManBanana - Shaman is significantly more damage than Inquisitor as long as you understand how to play it properly. The gap closes slightly with the coming hotfix, but Shaman is still our best DPS spec. Unless Druid get's another buff, it's just behind Inquisitor, still it's way better than it has been.
    Last edited by Sikph; 07-30-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Tiyric View Post
    I played when Rift first came out then some IRL issues accrued and stopped playing for awhile.

Now with that being said looking for some advise about my Cleric. My current build is this http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmyfslgutIbRIMGkfzvrvAuz . Ok just wanting to get some thoughts or advise or better the build or should I just reroll my character. I am asking is because it feels like i am falling behind in the dps charts, and I would like to improve to make a better build.
    seems like people didn't even look at your build

the main problem is that you don't have 61 points in your shaman soul

the 61 point ability increases your dps by ~40% or so (if i recall correctly)

shaman is the highest dps clerics have, I suggest looking at one of the many guides in the cleric guide section, fixing your build, and your dps will skyrocket.

the typical shaman build is 61/10druid/5inq by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    seems like people didn't even look at your build

the main problem is that you don't have 61 points in your shaman soul

the 61 point ability increases your dps by ~40% or so (if i recall correctly)

shaman is the highest dps clerics have, I suggest looking at one of the many guides in the cleric guide section, fixing your build, and your dps will skyrocket.

the typical shaman build is 61/10druid/5inq by the way

People didn't look at his build? There's only been two responses and I just covered what you said.

I assumed he was leveling, which is why he couldn't get 61 points yet. But yeah, without Furious Assault, Shaman is nowhere near as potent.

Cleric 4/4 Hardmodes 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA
    Twitch Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Sikph View Post
    People didn't look at his build? There's only been two responses and I just covered what you said.

I assumed he was leveling, which is why he couldn't get 61 points yet. But yeah, without Furious Assault, Shaman is nowhere near as potent.
    yea i guess i didn't notice the build you posted, i just felt that the OP's question got lost among all the back and forth

Soulwalker

I want to say thank you all for such great information. I am currently reworking the build and just reached 60. With that being said i will redo the build.

I love the clerics and in all honesty this is my first caster build I have ever had, so this is all very new to me for I have always done or had a melee class. I have tried to heal but I really dont make the cut in that area, and as far as tanking goes well lets not go there lol.

What I was trying to build was a dps survivability class that could maintain its own heals, or a well rounded class I guess, but it has serviced me well but its time to start thinking a bigger picture.
    Thank you all so very much it looks like I have some research to do.

+ Reply to Thread