+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Warden Suggestions

Ascendant

Default Warden Suggestions

Warden needs a DPS boost and imo some capability as a spot healer to go along with it's AoE cooldowns would be nice. Seems odd to me that a pure healing soul cannot effectively heal a single target and with Rogues and Warriors getting a do it all healing soul, Warden should be able to compete.

Here are a few suggestions on how to make that happen and other changes to abilities that could use an update. Originally made these in another thread.

The purpose here is to add some low target count AOE, increase overall DPS without increasing the amount of abilities used, and improving on abilities already in place.

Healing Spray - Simply Increase it's output. This will help mitigate the Soothing Stream change i suggest below.

Overflowing Renewal
    - Restores X to X Health. 25% of the healing done is spread to 2 additional party or raid members. 2 Second Cast TIme. Changed from spreading overhealing and tagged as a Single Target ability opposed to AoE

Soothing Stream - Restores X Health and an additional X health over 4 seconds. Apply's a stacking buff that reduces the cast time of the next Overflowing Renewal, used within 10 seconds, to 1.5 seconds. Max of 3 stacks. Instant. Effectively reducing up to the next 3 OR's to 1.5 seconds

Gives Warden a nice spot heal and gets rid of the generic double hot system that i feel is kind of redundant. In this version of SS, the initial healing could be around 75% or so of healing flare with the 4 second hot portion front loaded as Soothing Stream currently is. It would not stack to 4 but the hot portion could be equal to around 1 normal stacks of SS but over a quarter of the time.

Grants a cast time reduction to a slightly modified Overflowing Renewal.

Also, this could be seen as a nerf to Monsoon but it would also give Monsoon an instant initial burst heal. Increasing Healing Spray's output also helps mitigate this.

Ripple - Now Spreads Healing Spray from the target to 10 additional party or raid members. Up from 5. Soothing Stream no longer spread.

Crushing Waves
    - Geyser and Waterjet deal damage to 3 enemies but deal 30% less damage. Toggle. Geyser's healing procs from each enemy it hits but heals for 30% less. Changed from AoE Knockback.

Call of the Depths - Deal X water damage over 15 seconds. Damage increases over the duration. Spreads to up to 2 nearby enemies if hit by your Oversaturation. Instant

Oversaturation
    - Deals x to x water damage to up to 3 enemies whenever a party or raid member is healed by the cleric. Can only affect 3 enemies. Last 15 seconds. Instant. Removed from GCD. Changed from only affecting 1 enemy. Spreads Call of the Depths

Downpour
    - Restores x health over 6 seconds to up to 10 party or raid members. 1 minute Cooldown. 6.0 Second Channel. No longer a ground targeted ability. Increased Range.

Wave of Renewal -
    Restores X health on up to 10 party or raid members over 3 seconds. Applies an Orb to each ally affected per second, healing them for X health and removing an orb when they are damaged. 3.0 second channel

Boon of the Abyssal - Your healing abilities increase your damage done by 3% for 15 seconds and increases the duration of damage over time abilities by 1 second (pre-cast). Max of 5 stacks. Last 15 seconds. Accessible along with Dangers of the Deeps after putting 35 points in the Warden tree.

Orbs of the Stream
    and Orbs of the Tide - Applies 3 Orbs of the ___ for 30 seconds, when hit, restores X to X health to up to 1(stream) or 10(tide) party or raid members and deals damage to the attacker equal to the total amount healed.

Overall nothing drastic here but some good dps boost and variation along with QoL improvements for some of the abilities.

Let me know what you think. Some minor tweaks to passive stuff in the tree could boost dps a bit more but i think these would be a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Soothing Stream - ... Apply's a stacking buff that reduces the cast time of the next Overflowing Renewal, used within 10 seconds, to 1.5 seconds.
    I'm not sure how useful this is going to be. Raid buffed, my cast time for Overflowing Renewal is 1.9sec. If we bring its cast time down beneath our GCD how much benefit are we really going to gain?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arasaadi View Post
    I'm not sure how useful this is going to be. Raid buffed, my cast time for Overflowing Renewal is 1.9sec. If we bring its cast time down beneath our GCD how much benefit are we really going to gain?
    True and again it was just a suggestion but something similar could work or maybe making 3 casts of SS reduce the GCD of OR to 1 second and it becomes an instant cast. This would make it more similar to Nature's Touch in Chloro.

Nearly .5 seconds is a significant gain on a healing cast regardless of how you look at it though and this is a fairly low talent point investment.
    Last edited by haybale; 07-23-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Crushing wave is actually useful in pvp situation. Shouldn't be changed other than moving it lower so its more accessible.

DP being GTAE isn't a problem since it allows one to manually target where they want it to heal, another useful situation that doesn't require the healer to 'be there' and with the new GTAE macro, it doesn't have to be clunky. Should stay how it is.

If OFR isn't an aoe anymore, wouldn't it essentially be a crap ton better in a senti build (of even a sentiwarden build getting a lot of power ups for ST while automatically still healing 3 people per cast and that's still not considering shared excess and 1.5 cast time?

WoR seems OP in pvp and a ton of wasted healing in pve unless consistent back to back damage is something that happens in raids. Wouldn't that also make other aoes useless overall?

Your orb suggestion, for tide, is total amount healed on that target?

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I'm guessing damage equal to the orb healing just consumed from damage.

_ _
    haybale from president. You're suggesting a lot of nice things in the forum, keep at it.

(except for that Bound Fate suggestion, booooo!)

Ascendant

Crushing wave is actually useful in pvp situation. Shouldn't be changed other than moving it lower so its more accessible.

DP being GTAE isn't a problem since it allows one to manually target where they want it to heal, another useful situation that doesn't require the healer to 'be there' and with the new GTAE macro, it doesn't have to be clunky. Should stay how it is.
    Not saying it is clunky but that it is very situational. I think it's an excellent ability when everyone is stacked up, otherwise you lose a lot from channeling for 6 seconds. Increasing it's range and dropping the GT would make it more useful imo but that's just an opinion.

If OFR isn't an aoe anymore, wouldn't it essentially be a crap ton better in a senti build (of even a sentiwarden build getting a lot of power ups for ST while automatically still healing 3 people per cast and that's still not considering shared excess and 1.5 cast time?
    You have to consider that invocations proc EoR and LoR as well and the raid crystal bonus. Regardless, this could essentially be balanced around OR doing similar healing to a base healing invocation. the throughput would remain much lower on a ST than HI due to those proccing effects. Having to cast soothing stream to proc the lower cast time is also going to limit it's effectiveness compared to Invocations but gives it a different flavor.

WoR seems OP in pvp and a ton of wasted healing in pve unless consistent back to back damage is something that happens in raids. Wouldn't that also make other aoes useless overall?
    Making other AoE's useless? I'm not quite sure what you mean as it would remain on a 1 minute cooldown but the healing would not be wasted as it would apply reactive healing through the orbs as well as an initial 3 second burst. It's output could remain the same as current WoR but split between a channel and the possibilty of applying up to 30 single target orbs (10 orbs per second). Current WoR is very situational in raids and while it would remain situational i think this suggestion would improve it's effectiveness as a high level cooldown.

Total amount healed per orb to the attacker. This would make Orbs of the Tide hit hard in the right situation where 10 targets are being healed but OotS would be better in many situations if you are looking at this from purely a DPS standpoint. OotT output may have to be a 50% reduced damage or something just based the healing it is capable of but i dont think it would be OP and its on a 30 second cooldown.

Lets keep all the Warden suggestions in this thread. I hope this is next soul Kervik is addressing.

So to summarize, Warden needs a bump in its dps, and better single healing.

I also find Warden to be very mana intensive. Perhaps I could manage better, but maybe Kervik could look at the mana cost of a lot of the big AOE spells.

Warden should be able to banish, charm, suspend an Elementalist water pet or be able to summon one of its own, even if its largely cosmetic.

I know battle pets are coming so I do not wish to steal anyone's thunder, but I don't know if it will personalized based on what type of soul you are playing.

Some interesting changes. I don't agree with increasing Warden's ST healing because that's really not what the soul is for anymore, we have three other souls for that. But I completely agree with getting rid of the soothing stream mess leftover from pre-SL. And I also agree with a DPS increase. I am not sure about the Wave of Renewal change, it is useful in its current form but the use of orbs is also interesting.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-23-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Some interesting changes. I don't agree with increasing Warden's ST healing because that's really not what the soul is for anymore, we have three other souls for that. But I completely agree with getting rid of the soothing stream mess leftover from pre-SL. And I also agree with a DPS increase. I am not sure about the Wave of Renewal change, it is useful in its current form but the use of orbs is also interesting.
    More of a QoL change in giving Warden a ST instant and giving a bit of usefulness to OR. I am not saying it should be a single target healer but it should have a bit of capability if needed.

I find Wave of Renewal very situational and i personally tend to rarely use it because of the time between the heal spikes but that may be just me. Warden has a lot of situational stuff and i was just suggesting mixing that up a bit. It will remain a situational heal as it has the cooldown but i feel it will be much more effective.
    Last edited by haybale; 07-23-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Soulwalker

Since we don't get changes often (from what i've been reading since i've only been playing rift for 3 months now) I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and just request talents/make suggestions that would make Wardens a fun AE Heal/DPS hybrid friendly soul... since this is a game and fun should be a major priority.

While Haybale's suggestions are "Overall nothing drastic here but some good dps boost and variation along with QoL improvements for some of the abilities..." my suggestions focus on dps and new abilities.

1. 1 Hour Buff: Turn the 40 point talent Oversaturation into a 1 hour buff. As i've mentioned before in my Warden Talent Requests thread, Oversaturation is currently not worth using and Wardens don't have a 1 hour buff. Purifer has the 2 point talent Sign of Wrath that works as a 1 hour buff.

2. 2 New AEs: I'd like 2 real AEs. A) Flash Flood could work like Grave Rot with a 10 sec cd that you drop on the ground of the crowd of mobs covering the area of effect in water (like a mini water rift). B) Typhoon would be our AE channeled spell that would work like Geyser, doing damage and healing group. So in AE situations we drop a Flash Flood on the crowd and then channel our Typhoon for 8 secs.

3. Abyssal Whip: A dark watery whip that lashes out at your target causing damage and buffs the warden increasing non physical damage by 1% (stacks up to 5 times). Buff lasts 15 seconds. Range 30 meters. I'd like Abyssal Whip to be our starter spell instead of Waterjet. (side note: would love a toggle button that would change our main weapon into a cool looking Abyssal Whip)

4. Searing Stream: Turn Soothing Stream into Searing Stream a new 16 sec DOT that damages the target and debuffs them lowering their Attack and Spell Power (does not stack with Trickster's Bluff).

5. Abyssal Funnel: A dark watery funnel extends from the wardens hands into the chest of the target causing big damage and replenishing mana. 6 sec channel, 30 meter range, 30 sec cd. This ability is needed since mana costs for spells are high... plus I think it would look cool.

6. Abyssal Nexus: Talents that increase water damage and water spell power now also apply to death based spells. (This new 35 point talent will allow us to build effective dps hybrids with the Defiler, Cabalist, and Inq souls increasing the variety of souls/builds used in end game content). In addition, turns Abyssal Water Dragon's Aura into a raid wide buff increasing non physical damage by 10%. Toggle Abyssal Nexus On for increase in DPS, decrease in mana costs for damaging spells, and decrease in healing % by warden. Toggle Off for heal mode.

7. Abyssal Water Dragon: This new 25 point talent allows the Warden to summon a cat sized liquid water dragon (dark core (abyss) with blue translucent exterior (watery)) which attacks Wardens target using range abilities and provides an Abyssal Aura that increases water damage by 10% to the warden. All Abyssal Water Dragon attacks heal party for a percentage of damage (the way Geyser currently does).

Abyssal water Dragon Attacks: Orbs of Destruction, Mini Geysers, Foul Waters (a Dot), and Abyssal Water Funnel (breath attack).

8. Abyssal Bond: Whenever your Abyssal Water Dragon crits you proc a Waterjet or Geyser attack (off the gcd).

9. Abyssal Waves: Works like mage's Stormcaller Electrocute. Damages and Slams targets back.

Basically my ST rotation would be while using a Warden/Defiler Hybrid build:
    1) Have Abyssal Water Dragon out and Oversaturation 1 Hour Buff on.
    2) Cast Marrow Harvest, Bond of Pain.
    3) Cast Tidal Surge + Call of the Depths, Searing Stream.
    3b) If the target has alot of health (like elites) also use Dehydrate and Siphon Life.
    4) (Now the target is dotted up and on me). Abyssal Wave followed by Abyssal Whip lashes.
    5) Abyssal Funnel.
    6) Pepper in some HOTs if the Healing from the Abyssal Dragons attacks aren't enough.
    7) Macro in Abyssal Bond proc spell (waterjet or geyser).

AE Basic Rotation using just Warden talents:
    1) Flash Flood
    2) Typhoon (channeled Spell)
    3) Mix in Cabalist AEs if in Warden/Cabalist hybrid role.

10. Quality of Life Change: Turn Dehydrate and Searing Stream into 10 second cooldown dots that work like Call of the Depths. Meaning it is only on cooldown for the targets it has already been applied too. If a new mob enters the battle then we can turn and use it on them even if the dots are on cd on our main target.

Also, allow us to apply Call of the Depths, Searing Stream, and Dehydrate while not facing target like I can with other DOTS (like Vex). This way I can run around mobs, dotting them up without facing them, to gather them up and drop my AE's on a group. These Changes would also allow me to Macro Call of the Depths, Searing Stream, and Dehydrate so that I won't need to keep them on 3 separate buttons.

11. I'd also like to see our Abyssal Water Dragons floating alongside of us as we move about and I'd like to see them circle us in a upward spiral while leaving a trail of small bubbles every 5 minutes or so when not in combat just cuz it would be fun.

I believe these changes would allow Warden to be a great soul to be used in Hybrid dps builds as well as keep their current AE Heals role. These changes would offer Fun New Abilities, Competitive End Game Hybrid DPS, and Support with AE Heals and some Buffs/Debuffs.

Their is just something I find very appealing in using death and water based spells to kill my enemies with... could be the envisioning of spells being sinister liquid black cores of destructive energy surrounded by cool blue watery auras...

I don't heal much other than off heals by tossing out an instant AE hot, a Healing Spray, and using Geyser while doing IA's and instances so I'll leave the Healing suggestions to you expert healers. All I know is that if these changes I'm requesting are used then Warden will be my main soul and a load of fun to play... well at least for me...

P.S. Anyone else think of Call of the Depths as a spell that summons a small creature from the abyss to attack the target for 16 seconds and then returns to its domain like parasite does for Necro... just sounds like the name of a good abyssal summoning spell to me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Storymask View Post
    P.S. Anyone else think of Call of the Depths as a spell that summons a small creature from the abyss to attack the target for 16 seconds and then returns to its domain like parasite does for Necro... just sounds like the name of a good abyssal summoning spell to me lol
    Now that you mention it, Call of the Depths should be summoning Akylios to chomp on things, or maybe just a Kraken will have to do instead.

Interesting suggestions! Not totally sure about adding more pets into the mix however. I'm not a huge fan of pets in raid situations.

I want to keep Warden as a HoT and pre-emptive healer. Here are a few I can think of.

Reduce the Warden's GCD to 1 second (probably make this a deep soul point ability or late level root ability). With this we can blanket HoT the group / raid slowly outside of Moonsoon / Ripple.

Increase the healing amount of Soothing Stream and reduces the max number of stack to maybe 3. 4 is a bit too high to maintain on many people.

Allow Overflowing Renewal to refresh the duration of Soothing Stream. Since SS heals more during it's initial ticks, then this would serve as a strong spot heal. Also, this only works when SS is already active on the target, so it isn't on-demand.
    Shinryujin | Tsuyuko | Chieri | Kimiyomi

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Arasaadi View Post
    Interesting suggestions! Not totally sure about adding more pets into the mix however. I'm not a huge fan of pets in raid situations.
    I would think that a range pet would have less issues in a raid since they attack from a distance. Also, I believe I read that other pet classes like ranger and necro seem to be doing fine... plus a liquid Abyssal Water Dragon would be awesome. (Yeah... I kinda really want my pet Abyssal Water Dragon lol)

Still... I think I have an idea that would solve your raid concerns: Abyssal Dragon Merge talent. Instead of sacrificing your pet for a buff, you merge with your liquid Abyssal Water Dragon increasing your DPS by the amount of dps your pet supplies and coating you in a shiny blue watery aura. This merge could last for as long as most raid boss fights last... or it could even be an ability you toggle off and on. This ability is a win for pet lovers and non pet players.

Soulwalker

Now that Kervik has stated: "As with the other DPS souls, barring any surprises, I'm planning on pushing this change and the other Inquisitor changes with next week's hotfix. I'll let you all know if anything changes with that timeline." Over in the Inq thread at http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4404134

Has he made any mentions of our Warden talent requests/suggestions? Are any of them being tested in PTR? Or will Warden soul be getting some attention next week... just wondering if we're wasting our time with our suggestions and getting our hopes up for nothing (in regards to warden soul)... thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast